• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed Stick06, JLVL and a PM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s relevant if you want someone to buy from you again. You really are acting petulant. It looks like JLVL’s reply was seen first and he/she got the knife. According to the seller, you got annoying with pushing them to refund JLVL and sell you the knife instead. It’s ultimately the seller’s choice. Hard to believe a 6 year member doesn’t understand that.

It's not relevant at all if people like me or what they think about me, what matters is if a knife's described accurately, the price is agreeable to both parties, communication is taken care of quickly and concisely and the item is shipped fast with a tracking number. Business practices trump feelings. I've done business with people I vehemently disagree with, non issue, as long as I like the knife and price of a knife. Interestingly enough I wrote "I fully understand the final decision is the sellers" in my first post, hard to believe people comment without bothering to know what's been said.

But, thank you as well for your input :)

Hackenslash Hackenslash please try to understand there is no sense of entitlement, you only speak for yourself, what strangers on the internet think about me is laughably irrelevant. But, thank you for the for sharing.

Interesting. The OP has gone from wanting to inform and support the community to not caring what strangers on the Internet think. The longer this thread goes, the more we learn about the OP’s character.

Pretty much.

It's not relevant at all if people like me or what they think about me, what matters is if a knife's described accurately, the price is agreeable to both parties, communication is taken care of quickly and concisely and the item is shipped fast with a tracking number. Business practices trump feelings. I've done business with people I vehemently disagree with, non issue, as long as I like the knife and price of a knife. Interestingly enough I wrote "I fully understand the final decision is the sellers" in my first post, hard to believe people comment without bothering to know what's been said.

But, thank you as well for your input :)

I have avoided companies when buying millions of dollars worth of equipment because their sales rep is a pain in the ass. Perception absolutely plays a role in business. Why do you think so many people are still up in arms with Benchmade?

Interesting. The OP has gone from wanting to inform and support the community to not caring what strangers on the Internet think of him. The longer this thread goes, the more we learn about the OP’s character.

Hardly interesting, I support the community by carrying out honest/good business practices (As reflected in my feedback) or sharing information about others business practices. I'm not hear to make friends or worry about peoples opinions of me.

Another Merry-Go-Round. :rolleyes: Hopefully Boru 13 will see this one also, and have the same opinion as with the other Carousel. :thumbsup:

Hardly interesting, I support the community by carrying out honest/good business practices (As reflected in my feedback) or sharing information about others business practices. I'm not hear to make friends or worry about peoples opinions of me.
No. You want what YOU want, and apparently care very little for the widely accepted standards of this community or acting in a courteous manner. At this point, you are not supporting anything other than many members low opinion of you.

The last GBU thread in which you participated was similarly eye opening and got you on a lot of ignore lists. Obviously, you did not learn much from that thread either...

Hackenslash Hackenslash please try to understand there is no sense of entitlement, you only speak for yourself, what strangers on the internet think about me is laughably irrelevant. But, thank you for the for sharing.

What you write doesn't match with what you're actually saying. You thought enough about what "strangers on the internet" thought to write your original post. Only now that you've seen how childish you come across do you claim that what us strangers think is irrelevant.

Enjoy what's bound to be a very shortened time here on Bladeforums now that we've all seen how little you think of us strangers.

still going? ... must have been a slow week ... after my intial read and a bit of looking ... this isn't the first go around with a dead horse being beaten ... shot ... quartered ... and made into jerky ...

so it makes more sense after a bit of reading past threads ...

and with that I'm out ... enjoy.

Pretty sure Hack is speaking what all of us are thinking. You just refuse to see any side but your own.
You posted here, did you not expect other’s opinions???
Well, you got em.
Stop digging.......you’re quite deep at the moment.

I'm a newer member to what I have found is an exemplary forum generally comprised of what seems to be extraordinarily honest and helpful members. Generally, I consider my newness to the forum to be a disadvantage - I'm reluctant to chime in on things fearing my lack of experience or longevity here will reveal me being unaware of how things are or should be done. I'm in my "accumulation" phase of knives so have only been buying and trying to contribute in other threads ONLY when I think offering my obviously limited knowledge on things might help. Generally, I spend time reading and trying to absorb information. I look at people with levels of feedback that seem unobtainable to me. I'm not rich enough to be selling or buying hundreds of knives a month so I respect and appreciate the dedication, passion, and time other members have invested to get where they are. Some have 30, 40, 50, 80, or even 100+ positive feedback reviews. That's awesome and I very much respect it. A number like that gives me great confidence when I consider purchasing something from one of these members.

I offer that information as a preface to what I'm about to say. I have several knives and, of course, I like some more than others. I'm not ready yet, but I may consider selling them in the future. Obviously, I'd like to do that here. To show some appreciation for everything that I've gained here, I was thinking I would sell them here and even thought about trying to figure out a way to offer them in such as way as to provide an advantage to paid members or, within that, members with higher levels of positive feedback. My thought there was that it'd be my small way of repaying the kindness and respect that I've received here from members of such higher standing. I don't have anything I want to sell right now and these are just thoughts at this point.

That said, this thread makes me rethink even that approach. At first, I very much saw the point of having been the person with the first "I'll take it." But then, I saw all the intervening comments and the seller's comments. So, I feel bad that charlie2times missed out on a very nice knife (I have the same model that I bought here and love it) at a very good price. I don't mean to ruffle feathers or in any way try to detract from any of the effort and time that charlie2times has put into building up such a great level of purely positive feedback, but it has taken a little luster off even that type of reputation. I'm not saying that to offend you, charlie2times.

I'm new, but reading through this thread has forced me to think I need to be wary even when dealing with a member of such high standing. I'd be horrified if I was wrapped up in something like this. I wouldn't know what to do to make it right. It'd be stressful and make me feel like I let down an exemplary member of the forums.

I don't know if this "essay" and the comments in it help anything. I'm newer so I thought it might be relevant to offer a newbie's perspective. A knife's a knife and has limited value. The reputation one has is more valuable and conduct protecting it is infinitely more valuable than a knife - even a darn nice one.

charlie2times charlie2times
Thank you for posts, both in the original ad and here...
Now, when people ask why I don't accept posts in my sales ads - requiring all communication be via PM or email - all I have to do is refer them to this thread. You're behaving like ass because you missed out on a deal...I hope you come to your senses & and are truly embarrassed by your behavior.
(*note - I've only made it through three pages...apologies if it has already happened; but you'll still serve as my example)

It's about people acting in good faith. Reading this, in my view, the seller acted in what he believed was just that. Which post he saw first, which PM arrived first etc etc aside, it was not his intent to do anything malicious. He would certainly been within his rights to simply say to the OP "I do not wish to deal with you", no further explanation is required. That is not what happened, he accepted what he believed at the time was the first claim (looking at all this it is a matter of SECONDS involved) and took payment. Such is life ! I think no less off the seller in this matter (never dealt with him and was unaware of him prior to this thread) or the ultimate buyer as a result of this thread. He has not robbed anyone, he has not misrepresented an item all he is guilty of is disappointing someone and frankly that is a stretch in my view alone.

There is an Australian saying when dealing with small matters "we are not playing for sheep stations here" and it simply means the stakes are low. In this case the stakes are very low. We have all probably missed a knife we wanted at some point and no doubt many of us will miss another before we are done.

This whine really should have ended before it began.

NWPM2-If you want to support the forum, just keep reading, learning, posting when you can and if you sell or buy do it in an honest manner. Problems are rare, but if one does occur, keep an open mind and try to find fair solutions-which may not be the solution that benefits you the most.
Nothing wrong with a good feedback score, but being a part of the community(not just an exchange hound) carries more weight with many.
Enjoy your stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back