Kydex with spear point and fire steel just added to my favorite
Big Chris!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78
Hunter in 10V

33D0EA17-EBCA-45F2-9416-FAC37BE333B2_zpsygtmakvb.jpg

I have very few knives (3) by other makers these days. I generally make whatever I want to try.

I have a favorite knife that I made but does not see a lot of use.

EDC Bowie

IMG_2455.jpg

S110V @ 63 Rc with some very nice Ironwood Burl

This picture are the knives that most recently have seen the greatest amount of use. Not sure if that discerns a favorite but it does illustrate to me what I like and what works.

IMG_2933.jpg

I will start at the bottom. This is my Neck Knife that is on me from the time I wake up till I lay down for bed.
.070" S30V, it is a full size knife at 8.4" OAL with a 4" blade that I made and have been EDC'ing since right after Blade. This knife gets used multiple times daily. From opening mail to kitchen use and cutting steak when we dine out at restaurants. The weight is 4 oz which I find just about perfect for neck carry

Middle knife is a pattern I have made a few of and I really like the shape, size and feel. 3/32" S90V that I have belt carried for several months and gets daily use for various chores as well. It has batoned kindling, made fuzz sticks as well as other fire prep, and gets kitchen use as well. Although not carried as long as my neck knife it has seen much more use in it's time on my belt.

Top knife is a new pattern I am developing. I like my Wolverine so much that I thought I should make a slightly smaller version. This one I added little more sex appeal to with added curves on the spine, handle, and the handle shaping. Made from .156" XHP at 61.5 Rc the tang is tapered to about .020" and I went very aggressive with the handle shaping. I have only been carrying this knife for about a week, but it is very light and lively in the hand. I have not had the chance to do any carving or fire prep with this knife yet, but it has seen a bit of kitchen use as well as a few other miscellaneous chores. So far it is very promising.

I really like that top mini-wolverine Chris. A little pointier (clipped off from spine side, edge line looks good as is) for my uses would be handy, but very nice looking design, including the handle!!
Would love to see that design in production (when I have knife purchasing funds again :( ).

I want that top one with a 4.75 in blade.
��������

These two are still my favorites:
15495471676_4e4410334f_c.jpg

15331740849_0b4266604c_c.jpg

I like Chris's bowie neck knife above.

I like Chris's bowie neck knife above.

Thanks, that is basically my Hunter EDC that has had the tip modified into that Bowie Clip.
I have a very similar blade shape drawn for my first few folders I want to make.

I can't decide on just one favorite

Just got the bottom one in. It turned out beautiful. Can't wait to see how the s110v holds up.

First I want to say Thanks to all of you for supporting me and for displaying and using the knives you have purchased.

I can't decide on just one favorite

Just got the bottom one in. It turned out beautiful. Can't wait to see how the s110v holds up.

You have some great knives there in just as great steels. I personally really liked the scales on that 4V Wolverine.

Chris ,I like that wolverine mod pattern. Looks very usefull. Kind of a wharnnie drop point with some belly.

Thanks. I was aiming for something smaller as well, but somehow ended up with a 4.5" blade. I guess that is just the size knife I prefer to carry, 4.25" to 4.5".

4" is such a useful size - big enough for most cutting chores, small enough to be convenient to carry.
I'm just hoping you do not post another wolverine in 4V for sale any time soon :)
I may not be able to resist!

I have had this knife finished for some time. I used it for a long time with just a cord wrapped handle.
Only recently did I do the knife justice and put a real handle on it. The wood is some Pink Ambrosia Maple that Mrs. Big Chris picked out at Blade.

3dff8339-3f8b-47a7-9945-4de2c72ad47d.jpg

Steel on this is S110V at 63 Rc ground to .004" behind the edge.

Being that Mrs. Big Chris is carrying our fourth child she had a craving for some Stir Fry. This picture is after all the prep. That knife is the best cutting knife I think I have ever used.

ltaQ1P7.jpg

Recycled pic. Wolverine, in CPM M4. I've touched up the knife once since I got it many moons ago (and yes, I use it a lot - mostly in the kitchen).

mountainmist, I generally have to get XL sized gloves.

AlexWitte, that is still a very nice knife. I am very glad that you still enjoy it so much.

Back