Still my favorite!! Show us yours:)

This is one of my favorites.

IMG_0147_zps0f773db1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is one of my favorites.

IMG_0147_zps0f773db1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice Knife!! How is that 154 CM holding up? That was also my first attempt at the Anso texture.

Here are the 3 that I use most right now.

EDCKnives.jpg

I have used the 10V knife on the right to chop several shooting lanes over the fall and winter. Not sure who said 10V can't do that type of work.
Today I used these knives to make Mrs.Big Chris some Chili and Chicken Salad. Love using my non-kitchen knives for food prep.

Here are the 3 that I use most right now.

EDCKnives.jpg

I have used the 10V knife on the right to chop several shooting lanes over the fall and winter. Not sure who said 10V can't do that type of work.
Today I used these knives to make Mrs.Big Chris some Chili and Chicken Salad. Love using my non-kitchen knives for food prep.

Which steel(s) do you find yourself using the most, Chris?

Which steel(s) do you find yourself using the most, Chris?

Although I make a lot of knives in 3V I do not have any users in that steel.
I tend to use more high Vanadium steels like 4V, S90V, and 10V.
My neck knife is S30V and my current belt knife is PSF 27. Both of these knives are giving great performance and edge holding.
I know that is not a clear-cut answer and that is because I like to use a lot of different steels to separate certain aspects that I like about each.

If I had to choose one steel only to work with it would be 3V. That is a great steel that will work for anything from a Bird & Trout to a Sword.

If I had to choose a single stainless it would be S90V. There is just nothing negative I could say about that steel.

It isn't a quite a sword but your 12" chef knife in 3V is giving excellent service. I find things to chop up and slice just as an excuse to use it!
I did have to rearrange the knife block in order to make room to pull it out without whacking anything by accident.
I've kept it clean but I haven't gone out of my way to keep it dry and I don't have a bit of corrosion.
It is big, thin, sharp, and durable, and I can't think of any way to improve it.
I don't get outside as much as I'd like but I'm in the kitchen every day, and this is the knife that gets the work done.

my current belt knife is PSF 27.

Do you still think that stuff is easy to sharpen? I thought that was a nice feature of that particular steel, ease of sharpening. Often times there is an inverse relationship between edge holding and ease/speed of sharpening. PSF27 seems to buck that trade-off.

--- On the topic of ease of sharpening, CTS-XHP is way easy to sharpen. I like this stuff.

The PSF 27 is definitely easier to sharpen than some of the other steels I work with and it holds that edge decently as well.

Glad you are liking that XHP.

Those three are nice users Chris. I like the top and bottom one the best. It's good to see that you have kept the S110V clip point knife. It's hard to make knives and not sample your progress. I sometimes have 2-3 knives on me when I can't decide which one to carry or have different chores that require specific blades. Sometimes I will have one of mine, one of yours and another makers knife. Neck carry just leaves more room on my belt or in pocket it seems to carry another.

Back