• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Oh, and it's not slander if it's true.

Actually it is not slander if it is written, the cause of action then becomes libel. Both are forms of defamation. But that is besides the point, Dale is obviously a layman, and used slander to mean demean and insult.

Here is the email that Bobert sent to Dale:
To: Dale Chudzinski
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 5:50 PM
Subject: Dale Chudzinski the thief

Good news scumbag! You buddy Chad bought me out. You'll be ripping him off instead of me, so you can send you lies and empty promises to him from now on. I hope karma bites you on the ass, you scumbag piece of shit!

While no one here is condoning Dale's actions towards you Bobert, we must all act with civility. We are all mature adults, and that kind of vulgarity has no place in civilized discourse.

Again, I fully acknowledge that Dale has an obligation to provide the goods he was contracted to produce, as well a duty to communicate with his customers in a reasonable manner. No one has said otherwise.

But at some level, there has to be mutual respect for basic human dignity.

It is my understanding that this is not the first email of this type you have sent.

I also understand that Aarya has sent similiar emails, then apologized and blamed it on having a metal disorder or some such.

Mark Lewis,
What are the details of the knife you have on order, when was it paid and by what means.

Again, Dale has freely given out his home phone, instead of bashing him here, why not take 3 minutes to call him first?

It is really easy to join the crowd, jump on the pile, etc. It takes character to deal with a person one on one. I think everyone on this forum has that level of character and discretion, and I would ask you to please use it.

It takes character to deal with a person one on one. I think everyone on this forum has that level of character and discretion, and I would ask you to please use it.

Haha...It takes character? Wrong, body. All it takes is one dishonest member of the community who wants to screw you out of your money. I bet your character would vanish right there and then, after dozens of e-mails with pleas, threats and general blah, after waiting for months and receiving empty promises or no replies at all. I hope it happens to you, my dear unknown friend. Just so next time you preach about character and dignity you can actually do so objectively.

On a separate note, why should anyone make an effort to call the knife-maker? As far as I can see they've done everything right on their side, i.e. transferred the funds. Now if the other side is not fulfilling their promise, they should be calling to straighten things out. Otherwise they are committing a fraud, as in taking the money and not fulfilling orders, which makes them what..?....Right, thieves and scumbags.

Haha...It takes character? Wrong, body. All it takes is one dishonest member of the community who wants to screw you out of your money. I bet your character would vanish right there and then, after dozens of e-mails with pleas, threats and general blah, after waiting for months and receiving empty promises or no replies at all. I hope it happens to you, my dear unknown friend. Just so next time you preach about character and dignity you can actually do so objectively.

Thanks for the best wishes, very classy of you.

In return I wish you nothing but peace, joy and love.

Actually I have been screwed out of several thousand dollars by a well known member of the online knife community. My character, as it is, remains intact.

For the record, I have nothing to gain from being involved in this situation, I am trying to smooth things out, and help people that have been caught in a bad cirumstance, even if it is of his own cause in Dale's case.

You can find people that will say all sorts of bad things about me on this forum, and based on my conduct (years ago) most these flames are absolutely justified. But one thing no one can ever accuse me of is ripping ANYONE off, ever.

Anyone that knows me will tell you I would give away every knife and possession I own before I cheated someone out of a dime.

I don't condone Dale's conduct here, no one has. All I have respectfully asked for is some compassion, patience, and tolerance. I have done everything I can, as a third party, to bring peace to this situation. If someone has a suggestion for something more I can do, just let me know.

In the end, we all make our own demons---and in the end, it is each of us that must live with them.

It is my understanding that this is not the first email of this type you have sent.

I make no apologies for that email that you quoted, except for the missing r's.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is the first and only time I used vulgarity, and it is by far the worst email that I sent him. I wouldn't have bothered to send him an email at all, but you requested that I email him and tell him that he owes you now. I upheld my end of the bargain, admittedly rudely, but as far as I'm concerned that was the end of it. If you want to get into a pissing contest over it, I'm sure I can get someone here to post an email regarding this thread that Dale sent to him. It's far more vulgar, and less civil too. So, don't try to make it sound like he's some sort of Saint who's offended by the one cuss word that I used. Only the last few emails that I sent him could even possibly be considered rude (like telling him his delay tactics are a joke, for example, and asking him why he's ripping me off and how does he sleep at night, stuff like that). For the vast majority of the the two years that he drug this out, I was never rude, or demanding.

I don't deny that I lost all respect for him, and my last few emails started to show it. For well over a year I was nothing less than kind, friendly, understanding, and respectful, while Dale Chudzinski was anything but. All he did was ignore my questions, make empty promises, and flat out lie to me. He told me numerous times that he was sorry, and that he would make this right. He even said "you have my word on it". I gave him plenty of time, it's obvious what his word is worth. Now, he thinks he's the poor victim, that shows what kind of man he is.

You bought me out, and sent me a used Barlow style electricians knife and a little Languiole for my trouble. I thanked you for that, but that does not change Dale's actions one bit, and he never did make it right.

Thank God I never ordered from this man. I admit, I almost did and even exchanged few e-mails with him.

2knifetester,

Pardon me, but it sounds like you're trying to deal with some past self created problems here, perhaps even change someone's perception of your own character. Best of luck. Sorry you've been screwed out of money by dishonest folks.

Bobert,

I totally understand the frustration you feel, and do not for a second deny that it is justified. Sometimes it is not the message that we send, but how we send it.

I don't agree with everything Dale has done, but heck I don't agree with everything I have done either. That is a part of life.

Yes, Dale is late on orders, probably more than he realizes. Yes, Dale is not well organized. Yes, Dale needs to learn how to run the business side of being a knife maker better. Yes, Dale has had problems recently communicating with his customers. Dale would be the first one to step up, like a man, and tell you those things. It is exactly what he told me. He does not deny anything.

He fell on hard times, had a series of misforutunes, and is now busting his butt to try and make things right with a lot of people.

He lost a lot of trust, and it may not ever be regained, and he understands that and accepts the consequences for his actions.

I have said worse things by far to people than what you wrote to Dale. I was wrong when I did it. I can face that, and I have moved on. Life is too short to be bitter-Newcastle Ale.

Stepa:
Pardon me, but it sounds like you're trying to deal with some past self created problems here, perhaps even change someone's perception of your own character. Best of luck.

I always try to grow as a person. Nothing to do with perceptions by anyone else, it is my face I have to shave in the morning. With very few exceptions, what anyone else thinks of me is not very meaningful.

When I am wrong, I admit it. The hard part is not making the same mistakes again. . .

Sorry you've been screwed out of money by dishonest folks.
Karma works both ways my friend. . .

Dale seems to have access to a computer. If he can send emails to bobert, he can an email to aarya and give him the tracking information that he requires so that he can try to find his knife. That should have been the first thing he did instead of contacting bobert.

Bobert,

I totally understand the frustration you feel, and do not for a second deny that it is justified. Sometimes it is not the message that we send, but how we send it.

I don't agree with everything Dale has done, but heck I don't agree with everything I have done either. That is a part of life.

Yes, Dale is late on orders, probably more than he realizes. Yes, Dale is not well organized. Yes, Dale needs to learn how to run the business side of being a knife maker better.

You say "Yes," as if you are agreeing with me, but that is not the case. I dd not say those things, nor do I agree with them.

"late on orders, probably more than he realizes". I don't think so, just a few days ago you said he claimed he was only behind on a couple of orders. Then, next thing you know, he's finishing up ten knives to help get caught up.

I think he's well organized, he's strung several us along using the same series of delay tactics, all the while taking new orders and promising a delivery date of 30 days.

Yes, Dale has had problems recently communicating with his customers.

Recently? You mean like ever since he took my money, way back in 2004?

Dale would be the first one to step up, like a man, and tell you those things. It is exactly what he told me. He does not deny anything.

Really? That's odd, he's been asked to step up more than once, he hasn't.

He fell on hard times, had a series of misforutunes, and is now busting his butt to try and make things right with a lot of people.

Hard times and misfortunes do not account for dishonesty.

He lost a lot of trust, and it may not ever be regained, and he understands that and accepts the consequences for his actions.

If he accepted the consequences for his actions, he would have made it right any one of the many times he said he would.

I have said worse things by far to people than what you wrote to Dale. I was wrong when I did it. I can face that, and I have moved on.

Good on ya! The difference here is that I don't think I've done anything wrong.

Life is too short to be bitter-Newcastle Ale.

Some people like bitter-Newcastle Ale.

As long as you continue to try and minimize what he's done here by offering weak excuses like:

"he's not well organized"
"Dale needs to learn how to run the business side of being a knife maker better"
"Dale has had problems recently communicating with his customers"
"He fell on hard times, had a series of misforutunes"

I'll continue to post my experience with him.

Wow, people here have been busy.
Well, i`m too depressed of this whole thing right now, to throw in anything but a short, "Where`s my knife?!?!", and leave it at that.

Also, i`m offering 30$ US, to anyone who`s able to get me the tracking number for my knife. I`ll pay them as soon as the knife is in my hands, to prevent anyone just going to the post office and send something traceable for a few bucks, somewhere, and then blame me for not paying, when they infact provided me with a traceable package. I don`t want any traceable package, i want my knife.
All the info Dale would need about me, can easily be found right here:
Outstanding order for 1 nessmuk-styled, full-tang, cherry-handled knife, right-hand sheath, paid for in full on the 18th of May 2006 (paypal invoice and receipt to prove it), to be shipped by usps global express mail to Norway, package clearly marked as 'GIFT', and my first name is Jo Henning.
Heck, if Dale reads this, and sends me the tracking number himself, i`ll bloody well pay him the 30$.

(To make everything perfectly clear, i`ll pay only through paypal, and i`ll only pay once i have my knife in hand.)
(To any moderators, i`m sorry if i`m breaking a rule or anything with this, if so, just delete the offending parts.)

Actually it is not slander if it is written, the cause of action then becomes libel. Both are forms of defamation. But that is besides the point, Dale is obviously a layman, and used slander to mean demean and insult.

Here is the email that Bobert sent to Dale:

While no one here is condoning Dale's actions towards you Bobert, we must all act with civility. We are all mature adults, and that kind of vulgarity has no place in civilized discourse.

Again, I fully acknowledge that Dale has an obligation to provide the goods he was contracted to produce, as well a duty to communicate with his customers in a reasonable manner. No one has said otherwise.

But at some level, there has to be mutual respect for basic human dignity.

I also understand that Aarya has sent similiar emails, then apologized and blamed it on having a metal disorder or some such.

Mark Lewis,
What are the details of the knife you have on order, when was it paid and by what means.

Again, Dale has freely given out his home phone, instead of bashing him here, why not take 3 minutes to call him first?

It is really easy to join the crowd, jump on the pile, etc. It takes character to deal with a person one on one. I think everyone on this forum has that level of character and discretion, and I would ask you to please use it.

How much respect and or character does it take to post other persons emails?

Its time for everyone to hols hands and sing Kum-Bah-Ya

:jerkit: :jerkit:

I hope it`s not time for Kum-Bah-Ya yet...
Cause no amount of it`ll get me my knife!! *cries like a baby*

But sure, i can hold hands with anyone, and even participate in a sing-along.
Even with Dale himself.

Which somehow reminded me of a joke, so i`ll paste that aswell, since i think we all need a good laugh. I know i do.

A Priest and a Rabbi, who have been the best of friends for years, are always arguing the finer points of their respective theologies. Trying to prove the other one is wrong.
One day they are riding in a car, they get cut off by a drunk driver.
The car flies off the road, rolls five times end-over-end, and comes to rest on it's roof.
The Priest and Rabbi crawl from the wreckage and are amazed that they are alive.
As the Priest crosses himself, he notices the Rabbi doing the same.
The Priest shouts "Praise Be! You've seen the Light!"
"What?" said the Rabbi.
"You-you've crossed yourself. You have seen the True Way! This is wonderful."
"Cross myself?!? No no no. I was just checking 'Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and Watch.'"

(Sorry if i offended anyone. Also, no takers for my 30$?? Then we up it to 60$! I want my knife!)

The only way that anyone is going to be able to get you a tracking number is if they contact Dale. If Dale won't send you the tracking information, I don't think he will give it to anyone else.

Keith: I suppose you`re correct.
It`s just hard to accept that i might not receive my knife, even though Dale told knifetester that it had indeed shipped. I`m just puzzled about the whole deal.
But i guess i can give everything a little more time.

Hey guys, I talked to Dale today. He is cranking out knives as we speak. The knives themselves are finished (this batch) and he is making sheaths. This is a batch of TLT knives, thre are no Nessmuk's, in this batch but several Nessmuk and minis are in various sattes of completion.

Aarya,
Dale can not find your tracking number. He is going to go to the post office (he lives in a very small town) and see if his postmaster can rint a duplicate, he will take a picture and email it to me.

Once I have the tracking number, I will accept your kind offer of the $60. I will let you know which charity to paypal it to, either the ACLU or UNCF are fine.

I'm confused (not that unusual a state to find me in). If Dale can email you the tracking information, why doesn't he just email it to aarya? That would save his customer $60.00, and be the right thing to do.

Back