• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Beats me. . . probably because Aarya went psycho on him (if you would like I can get the emails) and if Aarya wants anything from him, he can pick up the phone and call him. Just like I called him. Or how about this Keith, you go ahead and call him.

As far as the $60, that was a grandstanding move, and so I think the money should go to charity. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it.

Just a note to say that it is nice to see someone actually try to help solve the problem rather than just pile on unproductive personal attacks which do nothing but further aggravate the maker and actually reduce the change of a resolution.

-Cliff

Just a note to say that it is nice to see someone actually try to help solve the problem rather than just pile on unproductive personal attacks which do nothing but further aggravate the maker and actually reduce the change of a resolution.

-Cliff

Thanks Cliff.

It is not nearly as much fun as blindly attacking people though:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Keith:

Dale's phone number is 315-388-4800.

If there is a money issue with calling from Canada, let me know and I will send you a couple bucks to cover the bill.

I could not find on here which model knife you have on order, or when you pay date (if any) was. Can you please advise?

Thankfully I don't have a knife on order with Dale and never will. The attacks that Dale has gotten have been brought on by himself and in my opinion he deserves every every one of them. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it.

Also, if a maker uses complaints against him as a reason to not live up to his obligations, then he isn't worth crap.

I am sorry for the confusion Keith, I thought you had a knife on order. It is easy to get confused over a multiple page thread wih so many people voicing their opinion.

Actually Keith, I don't find you to be a jerk at all. I respect your vigilence, and your obvious moral compass.

I am not saying Dale is right, but I do understand where he is coming from.

As well, no matter what happens, Dale has always done right by me, and I consider him my friend. He also makes some very nice knives. Eventually, people will get their knives. Dale's reputation is probably forever ruined. Whether that is right or not, whether he brought it upon himself or not, his ability to earn a living will no doubt be seriously impaired forevermore as a result of this thread.

For me, that sucks to see, especially when I know the other things that are going on in his personal life.

Also, if a maker uses complaints against him as a reason to not live up to his obligations ...

Those are not excuses Keith, it is basic human behavior. When someone goes out of their way to attack and berate you it obviously doesn't do much to incite you to be nice to them and if they are extreme enough then yes it could even get the better of you and cause you to to act in a manner that you normally would not. It isn't unreasonable to expect actions to reflect similar and as long as you are part of that chain then you can't stand back in shock when it continues. Be the better person and act as you would expect to be treated. It is perfectly valid for a person to make a post and not he has problems, dozens of posts ranting personal attacks on said maker does nothing productive and in fact are likely to just aggravate the situation which quite frankly it obviously has done in the above.

It is not nearly as much fun as blindly attacking people though...

Seems that way unfortunately.

-Cliff

Maybe it's time for me to back away from this one for awhile and to give Dale a chance to get things straightened away. He deserves that. I just hope that he doesn't use the fact that people posted their displeasure with his actions as a reason not to do everything he can to make things right.

knifetester: Thanks for bringing up the subject that was actually closed by both me and Dale. Please, do get the emails, and post them. We`ll see if what you post is the complete emails. Yes, i did get angry with Dale, after about 3 months of poor communication, and no knife. He replied that i was probably one of the most rude people he ever talked to, and i admit that i was really rude to him in that specific email. I appologized to him afterwards, because i know i`m not flawless. Neither is he, for giving me a quite optimistic deliverydate on my knife. I paid promtly because i never expected him to be this much behind on orders. Ofcourse, this doesn`t remedy the fact that i was rude, but i find Dales incessant excuses rather rude to my intellect too. I openly admitted to Dale that i was a control freak in one of my first communications with him. And after finding this thread, reading it in entirety, and receiving very little in ways of communication from him, the control freak in me took over.
So if you call that, going psycho on him, then yes. I did go psycho on him.
And i will not call Dale, simply because he`s in the wrong about this. I don`t believe he`s shipped my knife by the point you said it had shipped, because i would have received it by now. Maybe he`s shipped it to Finland, i don`t know. All i know, is that i don`t have my knife. So please knifetester. Do post anything you can, emails, tracking number, anything. And if my money is going to go to charity, i`d rather more choose a charity based on my morals, rather than anyone elses. (No, i`m not attacking you, i`m just saying that i don`t agree with alot of people's morals.)

aarya, why don't you simply email Dale and ask for your money back? If he was late on the mail/delivery date he promised, that's his fault. If he mailed it to Finland instead of Norway (which I doubt), that's his fault. If he cannot produce a tracking number when he said he could, that's his fault. If he hasn't mailed it at all, that's his fault.

Too many "faults" here add up to something that doesn't smell right. If I were you, I'd be clamoring for a refund at this point. Forget the knife. If I had this much trouble with someone, it would taint owning one of his knives. Every time I looked at the knife, I'd remember all the grief that it caused me.

Guyon: Well, i`ll try to explain why i don`t want my money back. I want a knife made by Dale, as i`m in the search for decent knives, handmade, without alot of fancy bits.
I want a good knife, plain and simple, and i believe Dale makes such knives.
Also, i really think i can learn to love such a knife, even with all the problems i`ve had getting it.
Hey, i`ve even gained during this time. I`ve found this place (BladeForum), and alot of decent people.
And i still believe Dale has alot to bring to the knifemaking world, though i also think that he really should focus merely on the blademaking part, and maybe get someone else to manage the business side of things.

I really think Dale isn`t a bad guy, he`s just a bit eccentric, and he`s suffered from having a big family. (He never told me what problems he`s had in the family, all i know is that i feel for the guy, even with all the problems i`ve had dealing with him.)

Good post, aarya; I might have said the same things, except I have never really had any contact with Dale except when I placed my order.
I must say, this is one of the more interesting Internet threads I have ever participated in (OK, I know, get a life...). Anyway, I'm still waiting for my knives, but I now believe I will get them. Act III is always the best part of the play...

as stated many times previously lotsa decent smiths out there who wouldnt ever rip ya off/not communicate/promise completion dates which come & go with no knife/etc to deal with folks who are "difficult" to deal with, point being dont think he's the only one who can make something ya will like,

SIFU1A: I suppose you`re right when you say that there are others out there who`ll make a knife i`ll like. I`ve never thought about it in that way actually. But, i`ll have to wait now atleast, to see if Dale can deliver a tracking number. If not, and i can get an email through to him, that he replies to. I think i`m gonna ask for a refund.

I'm hoping that one of these times when I see a post from aarya that it will be him telling us his knife arrived. It would be great to start seeing posts like that from others that Dale owes as well. With all those knives he had ready, and just about ready, those posts should be sometime soon.

Okay, I don't get it. I have been reading this thread for awhile now and can honestly say that No One makes a knife good enough that I would wait an excessive amount of time for it if the option to get my money back existed. If I felt like I was being strung along then I would get my money back and go to another knifemaker for what I wanted. While knifemakers that turn out a good product are not limitless, there are enough that I do not have to rely on someone who is not a stand up guy. I will also say that I have admired Knifetester's attempts to settle these matters amicably and that Dale Chudzinski is very lucky to have a friend stand up and try to make things right with his customers...even though I think Dale should be the one doing the explaining, apologizing and making right. I also think that anyone who has been compensated by Knifetester needs to let the matter go for their own sake. Returning to something that has severely pi$$ed you off again and again, however justified your anger is, does you no good and now that it is over why let it continue to be such a focus of your life.

Just my 2 cents

So, I would hazard a guess that aarya has not yet received his knife. It should have gotten to him by now.

Posted a month ago:

Aarya:
I spoke to Dale today, your knife has been shipped. If you wish the shipping info, please contact Dale via email.

So, I would hazard a guess that aarya has not yet received his knife. It should have gotten to him by now.

If nothing else, the tracking number should have gotten to him by now. I'd hazard a guess that he hasn't received it, either.
I hope he didn't get the knife and go away without posting it. I think if someone posts that they're owed something, they should post when they get it.

Back