• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Oh, i wouldn`t go away from here without posting a farewell.
Also, no knife yet. I`ve been in touch with Dale, and he`s said that he has another knife with the same handlescales that i wanted, so he`s sending me that too. This time he said he`d take pictures of the knife, package and shipping label. Which i suppose is good enough. He sent that email to me on sunday or thereabouts, so i`ll give him a while to get it shipped.
So it seems he`s trying to do good.

So it seems he`s trying to do good.
Perhaps, but I'm of the mind that, where "good" is concerned, there is no "try," there is only do or do not. It's kind of like the physics definition of "work": "work equals force times distance." E.g.: If you push on a rock and it doesn't move, no matter how hard you've pushed on it, no matter how hard you've tried, you've accomplished no work.

Dale either does right or he does not.. "Try" simply does not matter.

Put another way: When you initially contemplated your transaction with Dale, would you have initiated it if, in response to your query, Dale had replied "Send me your money and I'll try to make you a knife?" I'm guessing not.

Well... As Yoda might`ve put it.
To see if through he comes with deal, give time to him i`m willing.

But as i`d put it, if he doesn`t send me the pictures of the knife, package and shipping label, i`ll try to get a refund. And if i then, suddenly, out of the blue, in a month or so, get two knives, i`ll send them right back to him. Or maybe sell them online, and send him the money. I don`t know. Cause i`m not Yoda, so i can`t "The future see."

Keith: I`ll just cut and paste from the relevant email.

"I shipped the knife sometime ago,it should have been there long ago. I have been looking for the tracking number in my paper work. I know it is here somewhere but can not find it.I went to the post office ,but they were no help."

I won`t say anything bad about Dale's paperwork, as i`m terrible with keeping things organized myself. Though one would expect that people who actually sell things, have stuff a little more organized than Dale seem to have it.
Either way, in the same email he also says that he has another nessmuk, that he`ll send me. So atleast he`s not being a total jackass, as first suspected. (I hope.)

aarya
I won`t say anything bad about Dale's paperwork
It's more that just 'loosing' a tracking number, this whole thing is about his character. And because of threads like this, we all know what kind of man Dale is.

No news from Dale for 10 days now, from when he said he that he would send me pics of the whole deal, so that i would get a tracking number aswell.

One would think so, yes.. But still no news from Dale, so i don`t really know what to do. Should i ask him for a refund, or should i wait even more on something that may or may not come? He might be away for a while, or he hasn`t checked his email, or maybe he can`t check his email??

Has anyone heard anything from Dale since the 5th of November?

You`re not the only one Keith... You`re definately not the only one.
I`ve not heard anything from Dale since the 5th of November. Anyone else?

just an FYI to y'all, the march 2007 Tactical Knives just came in the mail, and on pp.52-55, they have an article on early 20th century camp knives...guess who's knife is one of two featured? And his contact info is at the end of the article. Good luck, y'all.

Could anyone who has that magazine, if at all possible, post a scan of the page that features the knife that Dale made? I`d be very interested in seeing that for myself actually.
(Dear moderators, would this be allowed, or does it pose a big risc of copyright infringement or suchlike?)

In other news. I`ve heard nothing from Dale since the 5th..
Does anyone know if he`s at home, or visiting family or whatnot?

Could anyone who has that magazine, if at all possible, post a scan of the page that features the knife that Dale made? I`d be very interested in seeing that for myself actually.

Enable email in your profile please.

post a scan

Usually we love to see pictures of knives here, but I'm not sure how many members want to see pictures of a knife that apparently can't be obtained. When he starts delivering knives we can post pictures of them. In the meantime maybe somebody can email a scan to aarya.

Back