• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

To enable email: Go to your User Control Panel, Edit Options, check the box for Receive Email from Other Members, go to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

Don't worry about spam. When someone sends you email here the system does it for them without showing them your email address.

Thanks for the article oilman!

After reading through it, as with the other articles about Dale's knives.
I WANT ONE!!
The article doesn`t go into detail about Dale's business dealings, and as such is ok. I suppose. But i really hope that people who read this article, and want to purchase from Dale, comes here first.

I still don't have mine. I'm still looking forward to. He does quality work.

He had some family issues, so I understand. Hopefully he'll be able to start making blades again.

I received word from Dale yesterday, (Wednesday) that he would send me the tracking number when he ships it.
Sidenote, he seems to be using his regular a1961 mail address now. It`s where i got replies from anyway, after trying to send lots of mail to his chudzmail google address.

Also, to tell the truth, i`ve deliberately kept away from this thread, so as to not give Dale any reason not to send me a knife.
I know, that it`s his job to please me, not mine to please him. But i`ve also thought that it doesn`t hurt to be courteous.

I received word from Dale yesterday, (Wednesday) that he would send me the tracking number when he ships it.

I thought he shipped the replacement knife three weeks ago. I guess when he emailed you and stated that he had another knife with the same handle material that he didn't actually have one completed. You would think he would get it done as quickly as possible.

Sorry to say, I have not recieved any knife (nor any communication at all from him).

I'm new here, and like what I see. I to have a knife ordered from DALE and did not receive it when promised. I also stupidly paid ahead of time hoping to get it sooner HA HA. and now my emails are unansered and phone calls unanswered. I'v bought and collected knives for many years and this is the first time I have been ******I guess it was just my time until I read about all of the others. Hopefuly though some good will come of everyone telling there stories and no one else will get in this position. I also intend to write Blade mag. Knives mag and any other mags. that I find. We of the knife world must stick together and be informed the good with the bad.

Why would a maker that can't seem to get knives made want to be featured in a magazine?
I totally agree, but also you would think the mag. would be sure of the persons reputation before they select to do an article on him. With the quality and interigity of most all knife makers that never get the opportunity that he has..

aarya: I ordered the knife oct. 4, paid for it nov. 3, after I was told he was almost finished with it. I hope I'm wrong about him he seemed a like a heck of nice guy when I talked to him.

So what you're saying is that with all the trouble Dale is having supplying knives to people he is still accepting payments in full? As far as I am concerned, that is disgraceful.

well, in somewhat around 30 days or so, i expect to hear from/take delivery on a nice nessmuk knife, distally tapered, razor sharp convex edge, osage orange handles, and all that. i'll of course review it. naturally, i haven't yet spent a cent on this. it's not going to be from dale (not a slam).

bladite

update: received another nessmuk styled knife with black and white micarta style scales, a collaboration of some fine people, a nifty custom. there are a number of people making them now, as the demand seems quite high, so a bit of the old research will find you many sources.

Well, it is now 2 years since I ordered a second knife. Dale does outstanding work, I have a Nessmuk he made and sent me a month late. I ordered the second knife my wife wanted to get me for Valentines Day 2005!

Dale, if you read this, I still have hope it will come. Why don't you make it a Kephart as shown in the article in Tactical knives. Lefty sheath.

no name calling, or slander, just disappointment in a man I respect for his opinions and craftsmanship.

Yeah, I wish him no ill will, am sympathetic to the travails of a craftsperson (as well as any family problems); I'm willing to bend over backwards cutting the poor guy some slack. Yet, he makes it awfully hard for me not to feel like a sucker when I pay in full for two knives ten months ago & hear nothing at all from him in the meantime. His friend Knifetester went a long way to stand up for him, and that has given me some confidence.

Has anybody here got their knife from Dale yet?

Supposedly, he made ten knives, that's on top of the two that I ordered, which he told me were done. Seems like somebody here would have one of them by now.

You would have thought that aarya would have gotten his knife ages ago. I wonder if Dale actually thinks that his treatment of his customers is acceptable?

Back