• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Or, maybe, you know - my MONEY back.

I have been patient enough. This is bullshit.

At this point, Dale - I know you are either seeing this or are being told about this - just send me my money back and we will call it less than even.

At least I will have my money back. Keep the years plus worth of interest.

Not only that, But come clean and admit you f'upped publically. Apologize for jerking your customers off.

A real man would do that

We are waiting.

Dirk,

Thank you for kind words, you have no idea how much they mean to me.
One thing though, I did not meet Dale on your forum. I met him on his own forum, on OM.
I placed this order about two months before he closed his forum there.

vashooter,

Actually, it's two knives. I'll post here when I get them.
I know what you mean about not wanting any more emails
after a while you get tired of hearing the same thing with no results.

One thing that really pisses me off more than anything is that I've explained to him a few times that I don't hate him over this. Yet, he keeps sending me emails saying "I know you hate me and I understand, I'm sorry, soon you will have your knives and you can forget all about me".

Those are some crappy sentiments, IMO. It's obvious that he's not bothering to read the the emails where I've told him my position, and that I don't even come close to hating him over this. Every time he says "I know you hate me and I understand", it's like a slap in the face to me. He doesn't understand anything about me, or anything I've wrote to him.

Old Hippie,

You did post that Dale was "going to" send you your knife, but I was wondering if and when you got it. I'll post here when I get mine.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but I am certain that the quality of the knives won't dissapoint me. I have other knives made in a similar fashion and like them a lot. One of my favorite knives is a blade by Trond that Oupa put the handle on.

I don't know about the sheath, but I don't care much about sheaths anyway. If I like the knife, but not the sheath, I'll just get a custom sheath made for it that is exactly how I want it. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Yes, I did receive a knife. It is a mini-nessmuk. It's for sale at 125 dollars. I'll pay shipping & insurance. Here's your chance to own one of his knives without having to wait!!!! Just email me!!

Oldhippy

oldhippy said:
Yes, I did receive a knife. It is a mini-nessmuk. It's for sale at 125 dollars. I'll pay shipping & insurance. Here's your chance to own one of his knives without having to wait!!!! Just email me!!

Oldhippy
Please be aware that "Registered Users" are NOT allowed to SELL items here at BladeForums.
---glockman99

We don't normally allow anyone to post knives for sale on this forum, or anywhere on Bladeforums unless you're a paying member, but I think we can make an exception this time under the circumstances.

Cougar Allen said:
We don't normally allow anyone to post knives for sale on this forum, or anywhere on Bladeforums unless you're a paying member, but I think we can make an exception this time under the circumstances.
Please elaborate and link me to the place I can contribute($$$) and post photos directly.
I don't want to link to my site or photobucket or other such nonsense..

Gringogunsmith said:
Please elaborate and link me to the place I can contribute($$$) and post photos directly.
I don't want to link to my site or photobucket or other such nonsense..

If you want to sell on this forum you will have to purchase a Gold or Platinum membership, unless you are a knifemaker and then you can purchase a Knifemaker membership. When you want to sell you will have to post in the appropriate for sale forums.

There's a link at the top of every page here where it says "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site"

Update: Dale offered to refund my money. I asked for this months ago - but he begged me to give him another chance.

We will see how long it takes.

I WILL NOT let this go until I have my money back.

I am a patient man. I am also unrelenting. No better friend - no worse enemy.

Oh man now I'm bumming. I ordered a Nesmuck with antler handle back in April of 2005. First custom I ever ordered and like a damn fool payed in full! When I started emailing for updates I received only one response from a women that said Dale had moved to help out family, and she was sending him some of his equipment so he could start making knives there. I wished him luck and said I would wait. He never responded after that. I sent about 6 more emails.
Tryed to send one today and got an error message. I feel stupid and taken advantage of. I had checked him out on a couple of fourms and he had a good rep! I can't believe this.

I just cannot believe that so many people will wait for a year for a custom knife. I can see maybe like 3 months. Or placing an order and waiting until there's like 3 months left and then paying the guy. I just cannot see paying and then waiting a year or 9 months or anything.

To me that seems nuts.

LJK said:
Tryed to send one today and got an error message.

I sent him an email when I read that, just to see if it would bounce. It's been over an hour, so far, no problem. I last heard from him almost two weeks ago, this is the address I have for him:

a1961@localnet.com

He refunded vashooters money recently, so I wouldn't write it off just yet.
Good luck.

bobert:
Thanks for the reply. I tryed again and received another error message. It must be something wrong on my end. I'll try emailing Dale from work tommorrow. I know he received a few of my emails at least and never responded. My Dad always taught me a Man's word is his bond. Signatures, contracts, etc mean little. A Man's word is what matters, and to break it is really bad Karma at the least. I want to believe he'll make it right, but damn it doesn't look good.

LJK,

I'm pretty sure the error message thing is a problem on your end. It's been about four hours since I sent him an email, and it still hasn't bounced.

As to him not answering your emails, I believe that his family's health issues take him away from his computer for extended periods of time. Most of the time he answered my emails, when he didn't, it was because he was away, taking care of his family.

I cut him a lot of slack, because I didn't expect him to be thinking about knives while he had serious family health issues to deal with. Sadly, he didn't appreciate it, instead, he simply forgot all about the fact that he took money from me for two knives.

Still, I don't think he'll rip you off. Just keep posting complaints here from time to time, as it seems as though this is the only thing that bothers him. Certainly not his unpaid obligations, or the numerous empty promises.

bobert:
I just sent Dale another email from a different system and it went thru OK. So we'll see what happens. I was looking at some old posts and Dale was very highly recommended by some real good people. Its a damn shame he would let his word and reputation suffer like this. In the end your word and your hard earned reputation is all you have. I'll do what you suggest and keep trying. Thanks.
Len

I received an email from Dale yesterday. He say he sorry for the long delay and would make good on our deal. He offered no timetable on delivery. I'm OK with waiting a little longer as long as he anwsers my emails and keeps me updated. (and in the end I get a good knife) I haven't read any complaints on his knives. Its just getting them after you've paid in full that seems to be the problem! He really should do a post to help restore his reputation. So hard to get and so easy to lose.

Originally posted on 3/29/06

bobert said:
I got an email from Dale today. He says he will have my knives finished and in my hands within a week.

[FONT=verdana, Sans-serif] And I feel.....like I've been.....here before

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, Sans-serif] Deja Vu (David Crosby)[/FONT]

No timetable, huh? That's what he should have been doing from the beginning. The problem with that is when you tell a potential customer that you don't know when you will be able to make them a knife it is unlikely they will send you money up front.

Originally posted on 3/29/06

bobert said:
I got an email from Dale today. He says he will have my knives finished and in my hands within a week.

Well, we're now into week 4. Still no knives..........

Back