• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

I got a reply from the NY State Attorney General's office today. They are investigating this case of Internet Fraud on my behalf and said they should be getting back with me shortly.

I got a letter from the NY State Attorney General's office today saying the are investigating my claim, and will let me know something shortly.

I got a letter from the NY State Attorney General's office saying that they are investigating my case and I should hear something soon.

I got another letter today from the NY State Attorney General's Office stating they had contacted Dale and he was going to make this right. There was also a copy of Dale's letter to them stating he would contact me and ship my knife within a week. His letter was dated 9/14/2007.

They said I should let them know if he doesn't follow through. I guess I'll give it a couple of weeks.

This sucks!!!

The man has a seemingly great knife but with all of these problems I am not sure wether I will buy knife from him or not. If I do indeed decide to I will make sure we have an agreement that I will pay when the knife is ready to ship only!

This sucks!!!

If I ever do decide to buy from him I am going to make sure that we have come to an agreement that I will pay when the knife is ready to ship!

The New York State Attorney General's Office finally got my knife for me. I'm very pleased with it.

Anyone heard from Dale? I finally traded away the Osage Nessmuk he made me. Every time i looked at it was a reminder to me I felt ripped off for the other knife.

I highly recommend Matt of Mlknives for this type of knife. honest and a fine craftsman.

What a champ, it takes threats from the AG's office to get a knife out of him. It's been something like 2 years since I paid him for 2 knives and I've not even received an email, note, (I even mailed him a stamped, self addressed envelope!), nothing.

I wish I had found this forum before I ordered a Nessmuk from Dale. When I first contacted him, lots of emails back and forth. Now, 6 months later, nothing. No reply. Has my money too. Emmacat, any luck getting your knife? Do I have to wait 2 more years?

Put me down for another chump. I paid Dale in full 6 months ago, based on reviews of him and his work on other sites, and nothing since. No responses, nothing. He was all chatty when I wanted to order, now he can't seem to find his email or answer his mail. I wish I had found this thread before ordering.

Having contracted and paid for a knife from Dale over three years ago I finally contacted the New York State Attorney General's office.
Our good friend Dale has gone underground and "skipped".
This is the kind of guy who can ruin the business for all those real, hard-working knifemakers out there.
It's a shame that one deadbeat creep can demean the whole business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney30
Bobert,
You are not out of line at all.This guy is a scumbag..
Posted By Hollow Dweller":
"I disagree. I think he's a good guy. ......"

On second thought HD you are probably right i mean it only took a couple of years and
an Attorney General to get people their knives eh?

Has anyone heard anything about/from Dale? It's been a year since I paid him for a Nessmuk; since then, nothing, no email replies, hasn't answered my letters.....

What a champ, it takes threats from the AG's office to get a knife out of him. It's been something like 2 years since I paid him for 2 knives and I've not even received an email, note, (I even mailed him a stamped, self addressed envelope!), nothing.

Emmacat, you hear anything from Dale recently? He owes me for a knife I paid for over a year ago, but isn't answering emails or letters.

I've been trying to get ahold of Dale for about a year now. He owes me for a knife. Anyone heard from him?

Gee, I can't believe he is still duping people. No, I never got an answer to numerous emails, phone calls, even a letter with a stamped, self-addressed envelope enclosed. I don't know what his problem is, but I've just written it (and him) off to sad experience. There are so many honorable craftspeople out there, doing what they love and making a bear pittance for their time and talent. The Internet has made it possible for them to reach more people very inexpensively. It is really rotten to see a character like Dale try to spoil the community.

Back