• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

I wish I had checked here before I ordered a knife from Dale about six months ago! I paid him up front for two knives, thinking that a craft person rarely has adequate working capital. He has not answered two emails asking where they might be.
Maybe something awful has happened in his personal life; if so, he, or some friend should say so, and I suspect many would give the guy a little slack. I am beginning to tip into the "he's a dirtbag" school of thought.

If only someone who knows him would pop in here, see the problems people have, and talk to him about it in a calm and collected fashion.
I don`t know what to think just yet, though i am leaning heavily in a specific, unmentioned direction.
I`ve been in somewhat regular email-communication with Dale, though it does take him ages to reply. I can`t help but think that he`s ignoring me. Can`t be sure of that ofcourse, but what are you gonna think?

So... Anyone who knows Dale, or maybe lives in his general area, who could talk to him perhaps?

(I guess i also should say that i hate to think badly of a person, so usually i`ll believe whatever they tell me, until the point where they actually stab me in the back. So i`m naive, very naive.)

aarya said:
If only someone who knows him would pop in here, see the problems people have, and talk to him about it in a calm and collected fashion.

Dale Chudzinski is well aware of this thread. He has asked me to stop posting his lies here, but I refused.

His last lie to me was that my knives are done, and that I would have them by the end of last week. Once again, he did not deliver.

He is now trying to justify screwing me over by claiming that I haven't been civil, because I posted here.

I told him that I was going to persue legal options, and he used a couple of more delay tactics on me. I have no choice but press charges on him.

He knows exactly what he's doing. This is not a mistake on his part, it's outright fraud. He is a liar and a thief. He's been stringing me along for over two years, and this whole time, he's been taking orders and telling folks they'll get their knives in 30 days, knowing full well he is not going to deliver their knives anywhere near on time. There are about ten people that I know of who got the same run around. I'm starting to think he's sending us "form" letters.

WOW! I thought this was an issue worked out long ago. Dale knows about this thread though. I don't doubt that he checks it now and again. A good friend posted here a while back and heard from Dale afterwards about his one post in all of this. Apparently Dale wasn't happy about his post or something he said that Dale referred to as slanderous.

Its surprising to me really because I worked out my issues with Dale a long time ago, so it can be done. Don't get me wrong it took a while and wasn't as smooth or as easy as I'd have liked by any stretch of the imagination, but he did come through for me.

Dale man. You need to work this out with these fine folks. The old excuses have run their course and no longer fly. By the way. Its only slander when it isn't true. Also, a couple of these guys you have left hanging have some pretty deep pockets. You might want to wake up to that before they put their wallets to work on you.

STR

bobert said:
Dale Chudzinski is well aware of this thread. He has asked me to stop posting his lies here, but I refused.

His last lie to me was that my knives are done, and that I would have them by the end of last week. Once again, he did not deliver.

He is now trying to justify screwing me over by claiming that I haven't been civil, because I posted here.

I told him that I was going to persue legal options, and he used a couple of more delay tactics on me. I have no choice but press charges on him.

He knows exactly what he's doing. This is not a mistake on his part, it's outright fraud. He is a liar and a thief. He's been stringing me along for over two years, and this whole time, he's been taking orders and telling folks they'll get their knives in 30 days, knowing full well he is not going to deliver their knives anywhere near on time. There are about ten people that I know of who got the same run around. I'm starting to think he's sending us "form" letters.

I think if you file a complaint with PayPal, they will (1) refund your money to you and charge it against his account, and (2) they may cut him off from receiving any new payments until he has resolved the outstandng issues. They may even close his account completely and blackball him since PayPal is (unlike Dale) trying to run an honorable business. The very real threat of having his cash pipeline interrupted may make him take action to resolve this. If not, it will at the very least cause him some well-deserved difficulties.

Myth said:
I think if you file a complaint with PayPal, they will (1) refund your money to you and charge it against his account, and (2) they may cut him off from receiving any new payments until he has resolved the outstandng issues. They may even close his account completely and blackball him since PayPal is (unlike Dale) trying to run an honorable business. The very real threat of having his cash pipeline interrupted may make him take action to resolve this. If not, it will at the very least cause him some well-deserved difficulties.

I'm not sure that Paypal was used to make payment, but even if it was, they do not refund money. They will only get your money back for you if they can verify that the seller has it in his account. Also, the claim has to be filed within 45 days of the payment being made. Bobert's payment is over two years old, so Paypal would not do anything.

Keith Montgomery said:
I'm not sure that Paypal was used to make payment, but even if it was, they do not refund money. They will only get your money back for you if they can verify that the seller has it in his account. Also, the claim has to be filed within 45 days of the payment being made. Bobert's payment is over two years old, so Paypal would not do anything.

I forgot about the 45 day thing....you're right. Looks like its time to call the lawyers then. Too bad too. But if he had cheated me like he has so many others, there is no way I'd just walk away. His actions are deceitful and inexcusable. If I couldn't get my money back in cash or by way of the product I ordered, I'd get it out of him in aggrevation and bad publicity. The publicity part is already taking care of itself. A few attourney letters each month should take care of the aggrevation.

I paid him via PayPal, but Keith is correct that it's far too late for them to do anything about it. I am going to try and files charges on him for Internet Fraud, and Theft. I'll post the case info here when I get it, so that anyone else who needs to can contact the same authorities. I've been extremely busy lately, or it would be done already.

I've been down this road once before. A dude took me for a laptop, and once the case number and contact info got posted, people started coming out of the woodwork. Turned out he'd ripped off more than 200 people for over $250,000 total. He, like Dale, used similar delay tactics on everyone. We all had the same story. In the end, he went to jail for 3 years, and I got legal papers that say he's been ordered to pay restitution.

I think criminal charges are just what Dale Chudzinski deserves. He seems to think that what he is doing is acceptable, and he needs to find out that is not the case.

Ive been a customer of both Peter Jensen and Dale Chudzinski and have not had any trouble other than the normal when dealing with customized orders. Dont you people have anything better to do than bitch on a public forum. It seems its the same people on each complaint thread. Your not only damaging the knife makers but also this forum.

Ive been a customer of both Peter Jensen and Dale Chudzinski and have not had any trouble other than the normal when dealing with customized orders. Dont you people have anything better to do than bitch on a public forum. It seems its the same people on each complaint thread. Your not only damaging the knife makers but also this forum.

Are you serious??? Talk about trolling with blinders on!!! It is because WE bring scumbags like this and their scumbag ways to light that scams perpetrated against OUR Community and it's members is kept to a minimum.

These two "makers" have damaged their own reputations. They have destroyed their own integrity and credibility. For example, JensenElite and I agreed to trade knives. I ship my trade knife immediately but understand that I will need to wait no more than six weeks to finish the knife being made for me. Many phone calls later, many e-mails later, many LIES later my knife is finally shipping. Ten Months later the Knife is still shipping but the Strider I traded scumlips has been in his possession for a year plus by now. I call again and Belle advises that there was a simple minor fix/repair they wanted to make on the knife before shipping because "peter will only ship perfect knives":jerkit: :jerkit: :grumpy: :rolleyes: . Months later and the fix is still being undertaken. Six more Months and finally my masterpiece arrives!! Nice knife made by a 13 year old but certainly no master. a two year trade, yup that's me damaging a knife maker's rep!!!! One look at the knife he made me damaged his own rep.............

These two ballsacks do not benefit any knife forum, do not benefit any knife collector, do not benefit any part of the knife industry and do not have one ounce of integrity, credibility or honor. Who the flock needs crap like this in our world, the knife world????

I am so pleased that you had good dealings with these two smegmaters. I hope through threads like this that YOU sir end up being the ONE AND ONLY customer these two jerks ever have in the knife industry again.............

And, this forum lives and thrives because WE here try to watch each other's back, not stab each other in the back......................:grumpy:

Sixpence can't be that stupid Wolfman. What do you want to bet that he/she is Chudzinski or one of the idiot Jensen's? And your last post summed up the situation beautifully!:thumbup:

Do you honestly think all the people complaining about being ripped off are making it up? If you do, you are stupid as a fence post.

Sixpence can't be that stupid Wolfman. What do you want to bet that he/she is Chudzinski or one of the idiot Jensen's? And your last post summed up the situation beautifully!:thumbup:

Sounds about right. It must suck when the heat gets turned up.

Glad you had a good deal......however if you had taken the time to read the entire thread such as I did you would see these people have a VERY legitimate issue with this maker. He has fed nothing but false hope and promises for far too long, and has made no attempt to explain himself at all !!! This thread does not damage the knife makers reputation.......he has done that all on his own and in spades to boot !!! As for damaging this forum.....well that statement just speaks to your lack of common sense.....this is a community and people have to watch out for LIAR'S AND THIEVES !!!

Tazz

I still believe Dale makes good knives, but i`m starting to believe that his sense of doing business could do some major work.
180$ he has, that i definately could`ve used for something else.
Heck, for 180$ i could`ve made my own nessmuk. (Not to mention getting enough steel to make a few more, to sell.)
I wish i had the option to put a lawyer on his back, but alas. I lack funding.
Besides, it IS a bit drastic to spend (potentially) several thousand dollars for having been ripped off for 180$.
But i must admit that i`m more active in searching for news about Dale, and trying to warn potential customers about his "family matters" that has him leaving town for weeks, months, even years at a time, in the case of bobert.

I`m just sitting here now, thinking about how things have become.
To me, it seems so damned simple! Dale could`ve just stopped taking orders for a while, finished the knives he had "sold", and then continued taking orders.
Instead he went the other way, and started cheating people.

Can anyone answer me why it seems simpler to cheat people, than to remain an honest man?
Because i know i`ll feel cheated the day that knife pops up in my mailbox, if it ever does.

Maybe we should have a small thread for those of us who are recovering from bad custom-knifemaking business experiences? BBEA? Bad Business Experiences Anonymous? (Joking) :)

Back