Stockman roundup.. Lets see 'em...

Sweet knives, Mamba. You should make it an even number and sell me that Northfield Dixie, though.

Talk me into or out of a 53 stockman. I have a snakewood in my sights. Not crazy about the California clip, but everything else....

Talk me into or out of a 53 stockman.....

I think the 53 stockman is one of the single best patterns out there. The knife carries much smaller than you'd think, because the blades lie so low in the wells.

1f3b94a0-fbb2-4a46-8142-208ae0bb85f3_zps6tcdmxux.jpg~original

These are a couple of stainless Cubans from 2008, with the "horsecut" random jigging I like so much. Also, because the sheepfoot is so low in the frame, you don't get the hot spot using the other blades, the grip still feels good. The muskrat clip is slender and pointy, so it gets into tight spots better than a wider clip does, yet is still long enough for any task. And if you need more power, the short stout sheepfoot is there. All together a great pattern.

I think the 53 stockman is one of the single best patterns out there. The knife carries much smaller than you'd think, because the blades lie so low in the wells.

1f3b94a0-fbb2-4a46-8142-208ae0bb85f3_zps6tcdmxux.jpg~original

These are a couple of stainless Cubans from 2008, with the "horsecut" random jigging I like so much. Also, because the sheepfoot is so low in the frame, you don't get the hot spot using the other blades, the grip still feels good. The muskrat clip is slender and pointy, so it gets into tight spots better than a wider clip does, yet is still long enough for any task. And if you need more power, the short stout sheepfoot is there. All together a great pattern.

Those would be extra nice for Sunday's or Black tie.

I picked this Hibbard Spencer Bartlett up recently but I don't know who made it.

2cesn83.jpg

The bone looks like what Ulster used, and the punch looks like what I have in some old Ulster knives, so my guess would be that it was made by Ulster. The spey blade also looks like what I have seen in some Ulster knives.

And here's a couple of the favourites

PwJtfAp.jpg

I92wNZh.jpg

Black Box Winchester top picture, round bolstered and low riding Sheepfoot

Queen No.26 Small Stockman bottom picture, square bolster, D2 with WCSB scales and also low riding blades.

Last edited:
I've picked up a few, mostly older, stockmen I can post since last year. It's a shame we forgot about this thread!

Schrade Walden 896K, 897 and 881
9booN9w.jpg

Nr4ewOa.jpg

ildR7Wm.jpg

Northfield #66 Calf Roper
GdEasR3.jpg

Fight'n Rooster Long Bolster
Bb10myB.jpg

Craftsman Anniversary #95044
MKj01rg.jpg

Camillus #65 and #66 in Celluloid
6XzrpLd.jpg

P5DIRzK.jpg

Robeson #633594
wQKH2IB.jpg

Wife and kids got me a RoughRider 4blade stockman with caplifter, (I’m a sucker for caplifters) for Xmas. (I asked for it, sent her the link,lol,) I knew as soon as I saw it in pics I wanted to put new handles on it, and when I got it, the ugly yellow plastic scales were discoloured and warped, (it’s a brand new but like 25 year old knife) so for sure I’d change them. I finally got around to recovering it with some real nice bocote about two weeks ago and it’s been in pocket since.

Back