Stockman roundup.. Lets see 'em...

img_7434.jpg

My two GEC 66 Calf Roper. They have some mysterious attraction.

The stockman is probably my favorite pattern, and as you can probably guess from the picture below, I have a soft spot for a good sowbelly as well ;)

6CM0fJT.jpg

And if for some horrible reason I was forced to choose only one, definitely the Northwoods Sowbelly. It's a bit slimmer than the Case ones so it pockets even better, and that main blade! :D

TtvqDl5.jpg

The Stockmen cometh!!

I currently have three stockmen... A MooreMaker with horn scales, a Case with stag scales, and a Northfield #66 with hemlock green jigged bone. All three are really nice knives, but if I had to choose... it would be the Northfield. It is smooooth in operation, and just feels right, in hand.

Stockmen%20folded_zpspcoxijzp.jpg
Stockmen%20open_zps6z4uhchw.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread.
From my Boker Smooth Deep Red Bone Stockman (one that took me years to find in a decent example that looked like the catalog photo). One of my Grails because I could not live without a knife with scales that look like this. Something about it I just had to have.
IMG_4909.JPG

To my recently purchased Cold Steel Ranch Boss #297 of 600 produced.
This isn't my photo. The photo doesn't do it justice, it is actually more beautiful than this photo. Deeper jigging on mine and darker around the edges with a higher polish. Such a great looking Stockman. The knife is pretty dang big compared to the Boker.
S35VN with stunningly nice deeply jigged black scales with a bit of brown here and there around the edges. The name fits it. It has quite a presence.
I got lucky and got a perfect one on the first try (perfect for what it is . . . considering). The Boker took three tries and I still got a turkey with blade wrap . . . but at least the scales were FINALLY the right color. (fixed the blade wrap).
cs54vsm$07-cold-steel-ranch-boss-cs54vsm-07.jpg

Last edited:
Paul, your Schrades are just super. Those 861s especially are to die for. Well... maybe not to die for, exactly, but you get my drift.

Back