Stockman Sunday picture show

Did you meant the 6 blade?
No, not really. Its big and heavy, not real pocket friendly. Its also one of a kind I think, a salesmans sample maybe from the 1950s to show different blade configuations. The 3 bl surveyor shown above is another apparently unique Kutmaster that came from the same knife roll.

fvwkdXPl.jpg
I got old eyes, a teeny tiny keyboard, fat fingers, and missed the typo.
Sorry. :(

Here’s a couple of recent acquisition. Some new jigging and a really smooth polish.

9-DD9-CA65-2045-4-FD8-A4-C4-39365294-D4-FA.jpg

This little series of Schrade could utterly replace the 34OT size as one of my favorite knives to carry. The slender main blade can get into some tighter quarters when needed and they ride in the pocket like they’re not even there.

F0-BE898-A-99-E4-4-E95-8-C0-F-1-E1936-B2813-C.jpg

Ooops! Looks like I jumped the gun...Sunday Stockman on Saturday! So am I a day early or six days late??
A SIX PACK in BASIC BLACK (plastic):
JPEG_20200522_230820_2426530448556843907.jpg
JPEG_20200522_230857_640603886772677744.jpg
JPEG_20200522_231031_2637559982209731106.jpg
HIBBARD SPENCER BARTLETT & CO/True Value,
CAMILLUS 4 line,
HAMMER BRAND U.S.A.,
HIGH CARBON STEEL U.S.A./Kwik Kut,
Wenoka STAINLESS ITALY 4570,
E.C.SIMMONS KEEN KUTTER ST. LOUIS MO.
Thanks for watching! Have a safe & happy holiday! T-A

Last edited:
There was some discussion earlier regarding the usefulness of a spey blade, It works great for slicing an avocado for sandwiches or a salad. The rounded tip wont pierce the skin when slicing, then spoon out your slices and enjoy! it's still being used as it was originally intended :confused:
Just not on livestock ;):thumbsup:

c112FPo.jpg

TCkpCXS.jpg

Technically you were a day early being you posted a dandy Kutmaster last Sunday ;) nice line up of black covers :thumbsup:

Ooops! Looks like I jumped the gun...Sunday Stockman on Saturday! So am I a day early or six days late??
A SIX PACK in BASIC BLACK (plastic):
View attachment 1345209
View attachment 1345210
View attachment 1345211
HIBBARD SPENCER BARTLETT & CO/True Value,
CAMILLUS 4 line,
HAMMER BRAND U.S.A.,
HIGH CARBON STEEL U.S.A./Kwik Kut,
Wenoka STAINLESS ITALY 4570,
E.C.SIMMONS KEEN KUTTER ST. LOUIS MO.
Thanks for watching! Have a safe & happy holiday! T-A

That's an impressive gathering of Stockmans Jeff:thumbsup::thumbsup:

An old lineup in eighth inch increments, from 4⅜ down to 3⅜ .
DNcrW7S.jpg

kOcts6y.jpg

Stag cattle stockmen, with accessories.
KxQsJ79.jpg

Import "Slenderinos"
jr8N0Uh.jpg

2nd cut polished stag and 440C
HISxNif.jpg

Smokey Pearl Cuban
sJY5Xly.jpg

A jumbo with "bling"
KOeVuZ8.jpg

Beautiful bone on that case John:thumbsup::thumbsup:

11eweaM.jpg
Case 6318 (pile side).

I'm enjoying these two Bokers, recent acquisitions both. If I understand right, they are from the 1970's and both still unused with the factory edge. The smaller one even came with the factory box as well. Four inch and three and three eighths, nice bone, carbon steel blades, nickel liners and bolsters all nicely finished. I couldn't resist the 7588 because the serial number, 218, is my parents address where I grew up!IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2410.JPG IMG_2411.JPG

Nice Stockmans TJ:thumbsup:

As you said Ed, those yellow covers are classic and good looking too:thumbsup:
Case SS 3347 with classic yellow covers.

q9tKOas.jpg

Beautiful bone on both Ben:eek::thumbsup:, congrats on the acquisition :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying these two Bokers, recent acquisitions both. If I understand right, they are from the 1970's and both still unused with the factory edge. The smaller one even came with the factory box as well. Four inch and three and three eighths, nice bone, carbon steel blades, nickel liners and bolsters all nicely finished. I couldn't resist the 7588 because the serial number, 218, is my parents address where I grew up!View attachment 1346410 View attachment 1346411 View attachment 1346412

You are Welcome Jeff, always a pleasure to see some of your vast Stockman collection :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rob, me and my gathering thank you!

7WbPX8n.jpg

My precious.. Queen #49 in Amber Carved Stag Bone. Minty fresh, non-dfc, Peter's finest D2 tool steel.
JNl7rl3.jpg

Golden orange ridges and deep, brown canyons on this one. Good specimen of this bone, at least the traits I like about this cut, anyway. Sharp and smooth at the same time.

vuFTb0W.jpg

An uncommon Ulster/Schrade prince Albert tobacco prize. (It was Prince Albert, wasn't it? I never pursued the cans, but got a user of all three knives of that offer). Possibly the best looking combo of blades I've seen on a stockman. It makes for such a slick looking knife. If i could hack together one of these in a #61 old timer frame with that big ol Persian clip it would be great, since I find this one to be a bit small.

Now, here is a pair of my favorite roughnecks, Camilus #89, big ol carbon steel chunker:
ukFMRn6.jpg

And a (probably Camillus mfg) Western #742 stainless fatboy. This one is very satisfying. Its got the girth, thick springs and frames a 4.25"+ size stockman usually has, but in a frame just a touch longer than your #8OT size stockman. Great work knife, plus whatever stainless that is actually gets very sharp without turning into a mushy burr factory.
1iJtvAK.jpg

Stockman are my favorites.
We counting punch stockmen too?

Back