Strange Rescue?

I stopped by ebay today and noticed a spyderco rescue with black handles that had been covered with a red enamel finish in the grooves and the tradmark on the handle was enameled white. I have never heard of sypderco doing something like this from the factory. Is it for real or someone's touchup job?

------------------
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
**Blazing Saddles**

I posted a similar topic a whiles back concerning an earlier Endura model with integral clip. It had the same "enameling" as you' ve described. Sal G. could not confirm that it was a special or limited run from the Spyderco factory. Fellow forumite Jailhack posed the same question and stated that a big distributor claimed it was indeed a special run from Spyderco.

Still no concrete answer yet. Perhaps Jailhack found some leads. I' d like to know.

L8r,
Nakano

That's what perplexed me. Looking at the knife I have a hard time believing that Spyderco would produce it. The knife was about to run out of time on the auction, so I don't know if you could see it still if you logged on to EBay.

------------------
**Blazing Saddles**

you mean this one right?
sc14r.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. Never seen anything like it.

------------------
**Blazing Saddles**

Hmmmm, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you
frown.gif

Just kidding
smile.gif

As far as I can tell from speaking to various people, the Endura and the Rescue with the Red enamel paint were done by someone for Blue Ridge Knives (a wholesaler).

It appears that when the new style Endura & Rescue came out, Blue Ridge had a bunch of the old style left in stock. So to make life interesting, they sent them out to be customized.

Whoever did them, did a pretty good job (obviously, since no one knew if they were factory or not). I personally think they look pretty cool, as it sets them apart from your everyday knives.

Like I said, I don't know this to be 100% fact, but I would say that it more than likely is.

Hope this helps.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

Back