strange woods finds

there have been numerous such posts in the past. but thought id start a new one.
cuz 1-i enjoy them
cuz 2-yesterday stumbled upon my oddest woods find so far

so my buddy brian and i headed out into the wilds of the ozark hills to find some river cane for arrow making and osage orange for bowmaking. found lots of horsetail along the creeks but no cane. found a plenty of osage but nothing suitable for bow making. but we did stumble upon this. obviously outta use for at least a cupla yrs...still made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up for a moment, but pretty sure there was no one around

DSCN1110.jpg
[/IMG]

How close is that spot to the water source? Did they leave you anything to drink?

water in every direction-spring water at that. no nothing left,
appears its been unused for awhile-tho it wouldnt take much to get er up n running again.
man, that large copper vat was a thing of beauty!

Stills are kind of cool. The copper tubing doesn't last long in today's world of scrap metal hunters. So when you see an intact still... be most careful.

Now a days, you more likely to run onto a meth lab site. You need to be careful of them as well especially if there are people around. The smart cookers do it in the woods where they can burn a lot of their waste. But the most common find is trash galore, certain kinds of trash at that.

We have a local pub chain that has a lot off copper top tables. I bet you could take the side off that vat, pound if flat, and polish it up for an awesome table topper. It would make a good conversation piece too.

That's an excellent picture and find. You got to be careful of them backwoods are Kansas boy's

I love these threads to bro. 5 years ago my wife and I were canoeing in Algonquin park, near a camp site we came across a 4ft round saw blade and an old school bath tub with little legs on it, undoubtably left over from the lumber industry when there were train tracks through the area. In present day the only way into and out of the area is by canoe. No pics this time.

Stills are kind of cool. The copper tubing doesn't last long in today's world of scrap metal hunters. So when you see an intact still... be most careful.

Now a days, you more likely to run onto a meth lab site. You need to be careful of them as well especially if there are people around. The smart cookers do it in the woods where they can burn a lot of their waste. But the most common find is trash galore, certain kinds of trash at that.
ha ha,moonshiners are a thing of the past in my youth,all methers here.

nice find,i have never saw one as complete as that.

Laurel County and surrounding Counties are a meth hot spot. I think some people from Tennessee trained them. :)

I ran onto an old boiler once years ago left over from the early 1900's coal mining. Nothing much else left. Unfortunately, the landowner decided that the highest seam (a thick one 6-9 feet) needed stripped. There went that pristine 2nd growth timber property.... This 1000 acre property was my shooting playground for about 5 years. Spent a lot of time there.

very very cool. and that is in great shape for just being out in the elements. I might have tried to take it with me lol

That is a cool find. Making me thirsty just looking at the picture.That thing would not last long around here

the metal thieves would steal it for the copper.

Thanks for posting.

Back