Strider style knives

I like the Strider knives but the prices are out of control. I wanted to know if their are any other
legitimate knife companies that make and sell similar type knives.
I really like the way they feel and look but will not buy an expensive clone or any clone for that matter.
Any suggestions would be helpful and I hope that I have posted this in the correct arena.

I like the Strider knives but the prices are out of control. I wanted to know if their are any other
legitimate knife companies that make and sell similar type knives.
I really like the way they feel and look but will not buy an expensive clone or any clone for that matter.
Any suggestions would be helpful and I hope that I have posted this in the correct arena.

Maybe if you can tell us what, in particular, about Striders appeals to you, or what features a "similar type" knife would have, we can help.

Are you just looking for something with a "tiger stripe ubran camo" coating? We don't know.

Strider has a pretty distinctive look, which I imagine is what attracts you to their blades. However, they did make a variety of models so like marcinek is saying, it would certainly be helpful to know precisely what knives you are partial to.

The only one I have experience with is my ZT 0301. As another poster mentioned here, it was partly designed by Strider and it is most definitely built like a tank. If I remember correctly though, I don't think they are being made anymore by ZT, but they can still be found.

0O6HQN1.jpg

Due to that they are discontinued and the scarcity as a result the Buck Striders are just about as expensive as Striders.

I would say the Kershaw Blur is the best match for a knife that'll be affordable but like a Strider.

This might seem like a suggestion out of left field but how about a Spyderco Manix XL? Big, leaf-shaped blade. Much different but probably superior handle ergonomics. It's a ball bearing lock but I prefer those over frame locks.

Spyderco Caribbean Salt will have a similar blade shape, opening hole and grind, though ergos and lock are gonna be different.

Gave my Buck Strider to a BIL trucker so he could use it to pry off lug nuts (if needed). That thing was a tank, too big to carry comfortably, but it was great for cutting tough gritty stuff like tie-downs, canvas, etc.

We don't know what the OP thinks is "like a Strider" .... that's the stumbling block here. Right now it could be like a Strider because it folds and cut things.

True, but I do think it stands to reason that the OP is indicating that he likes Strider's style of knives, which would lead me to conclude that he is looking for a specific aesthetic. But until he chimes in again, we may not know for certain, I suppose.

I'm imagining the SNG and PT is what the OP is talking about since that's what most people imagine when they hear "Strider". Other than stolen valor, that is.

Buck's Spitfire reminds me of a PT. Similar blade and handle shape.

As far as I know there isn't anything in the folder group that is like it other then MSC & DD customs, collaborations and clones. It is a pretty unique knife design.

Last edited:
Back