Stripped........Stripping your Professional Soldier

anyone has? Curious how you did this, because l have a PS insingo coming my way. Just not a big fan of the black gunkote
Thanks in advance
Niels

Talstrip Aircraft Coating Remover (in spray can, and you must get Talstrip, other brands ive used do not compare). You may have to let it soak for a bit, and scrub with a hand-towel, but this stuff eats everything eventually. If not then sandblast.

Use outside, over a surcface you dont care for. I use it in the bush over a piece of cardboard with my garden hose handy. This stuff is nasty and can eat plastic and other materials, so if over spray gets on other things it may leave permanant acid spots. Wear rubber gloves and long sleeves/pants. Eye protection wont hurt. If you get it on your skin/eyes flush with water. Rinse the piece with water when done.

Have fun ;)

Whatever you decide, post pictures when you're done! I never considered stripping mine.

That's really interesting. It almost looks like a forced patina now. I for one am perfectly happy making light modifications to a brand new knife to make it mine. Glad to see I'm not the only one! Good stuff!

Thank you Sir.
Im very happy with how it came out. I've never liked coatings on blades, but l liked this blade enough to buy it. I always sharpen a new knife, mostly the same day it's unpacked. That way, indeed, it is 'My'knife.

Wow!!! I really like that. I wouldn't mind doing that to my Insingo PS also.
Wel, some 600grit sandpaper, elbowgrease, sore thumbs and a small hours worth of work gets you there
The inside of the handle, jimping and the 2 holes are still black.
Ow yeah..... and a sharpeningjob. The sanding is very bad for your edge

I like the way it turned out! Was the finish underneath the coating rough? I removed the coating off of a cheaper knife in the past and it looked like the blade had an 80 grit finish.

I like the way it turned out! Was the finish underneath the coating rough? I removed the coating off of a cheaper knife in the past and it looked like the blade had an 80 grit finish.
The finish isnt as smooth as on the folders. It istnt stonewashed, and probably the gunkote would stick as nice if it was that smooth. This is why l quit with this result, and l really like the worn looks it has now.

Back