Strongest Kizer series?

Kizer has many series (names) of knives.
Which series is has the best quality? I like overbuilt stuff :)

Probably the Mjolnir (M390 blade) the Gunhammer, the Critical - just a few quickly off the top of my head.

The Mjolnir has been a particular fave with our customers because it's very comfortable to hold and the M390 blade.

I don't think any of it is over built. You may want to look elsewhere if you want over built. None of the Kizers I've had were over built to any degree. I also don't see them as high quality but budget knives with good materials. Not bad knives but not high end. Most of the screws they use are soft and under sized. Yet to see a over built pivot at the least.

I don't think any of it is over built. You may want to look elsewhere if you want over built. None of the Kizers I've had were over built to any degree. I also don't see them as high quality but budget knives with good materials. Not bad knives but not high end. Most of the screws they use are soft and under sized. Yet to see a over built pivot at the least.

While I haven't done this test with other Kizer knives, I pounded this Kizer Bolt through a hardwood log with a 1.25 kilo sledge hammer.
It runs on washers so no bearings to damage. The only damage to the knife was a bit of the finish on the blade came off. It's now well used and I can open it as fast as most flippers.

Here's part of the video.

While I haven't done this test with other Kizer knives, I pounded this Kizer Bolt through a hardwood log with a 1.25 kilo sledge hammer.
It runs on washers so no bearings to damage. The only damage to the knife was a bit of the finish on the blade came off. It's now well used and I can open it as fast as most flippers.

Here's part of the video.

Just a tip, disengage the lock if your going to baton with a frame lock. It will help not break it and it will work all the same, assuming the stainless doesn't fracture from high hrc.

It was a test to see if the blade would snap or something else would break - it didn't. The log was wider than the blade so I hammered it until all the blade was covered by the log. That is a pretty tough folder.

"over build" is a pretty subjective term. But Kizer certainly doesn't make "flimsy" knives... There are many models I would consider "pretty strong" like in the ZT category. Some examples; Kane, Intrepid, Kala, Hustler, Mjolnir and the old 401 and 414 series.
But no, these are not "over build" like Medford where they overshoot that goal by a mile.
And regarding the screws; these are not better or worse then any other reputable brand. As a dealer of Kizer knives (over 4 years now) I learned that most of al screws-related problems were caused by a; using the wrong size Torx driver (Kizer uses T9 on most of their knives and people keep using T8 with predictable results...), b; bad quality Torx drivers (buying high value knives but saving on the tools to maintain them which turns out to be very costly in the end) d; worn out Torx drivers (many times the cheap stuff after a using them a couple of times).
Also contributing to the screw-problems (again not only Kizer related) is the use of loctite. Sometimes there is too much or the wrong type (too strong) loctite used and when applying too much force on these little screws they are destroyed easily. Not many people know how to correctly deal with screws that are locked with loctite...

I like Kizer's older robust models, the Klecker liner locks and the big titanium frame locks. I've got some newer titanium frame locks like the Cucchiara Bad Dog,
but I think the older liner locks are more formidable.
ki4437 Klecker
ki4436 klecker
ki4422 klecker
ki4435 klecker

ki5404a1
ki5401a2

I know these are long discontinued, but you can hunt them down, worth the search if you like big overbuilt folders. The Kleckers have
thick titanium liners, at least I think it's ti. More than a match for ZT I think!
Try to put up some crappy pics from phone.
I didn't see that they needed to be in production, so here you go.

I don't know about what the strongest Kizer knives but my Gunhammer is darn solid.The only thing I don't like about them is how every one of there post lockbar/stabilizer inserts knives are basically all flippers.No Thumbstud at all.

Like Mesenzo above said, "over build" is a pretty subjective term, but Kizer Kane (Ki5467) designed by Matt Degnan is a real beast from a knife to me. It's huge 9.25" (235 mm), it's heavy 6.97 oz. (197 g) ... really something to hold in hands.
Lets compared it with Kesmec which isn't small knife either.
Z0ZzX1E.jpg

Back