Struck by the bullet(Lets see those 85's)

Don't think there is an 85 thread thread yet, search function didn't turn any up.

The 85 is definitely my favorite GEC pattern(Thanks Charlie :) ) as I'm sure it is for alot of you :thumbup:

I'd love to see everyone else's 85's.

Share 'em here if you could be so kind :p

Here's mine:

L to R; Coffeehouse acrylic, Goldenrod micarta, Antique yellow jigged bone easy open :D, Emerald green acrylic

Agreed, Jon, though I'm not partial to the EOs or the pen behind iterations. Here are my proper examples. ;) :D

My burnt stag user, on which I reshaped the clip's belly slightly (increased the radius for a slimmer tip). I may yet regrind the pen into a coping.

StagonWood_zps575f5bb1.jpg~original

1923e39f-0300-4b9d-b0c3-fe9c2e65aee0_zps749da3ff.jpg~original

A couple in wood, both ebony and Mexican bocote.

Ebony85open_zps43d46a9a.jpg~original

85bocoteOpencoins_zps6f3bcf77.jpg~original

And another in coffehouse acrylic.

Coffeehouse85open_zpsa22b2b93.jpg~original

I just realized I don't have one in bone, an oversight which MUST be corrected!

Very nice Phil, love the single blade EO's.

Is that ebony on that esnyx, perhaps ironwood? Looks great whatever it is.

High time there was a thread devoted to this pattern. High time too that GEC offered another run in my view.

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_0988-1.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

From the top: SFO Liner lock. Natural Stag EZ-Open. Forum Knife 2011. Burnt Stag Jack.

Thanks, Will

Last edited:
Man I wish I had one of those Mike SFOs. Those are just incredible!

This 2011 will have to hold me over. Don't hate me, but I think of taking the cap lifter out of it sometimes. :eek:

YES it must-shame on you:p
Will-what is the bottom photo (stag?) where it's perched on a fence post or stump? Now THAT is grailavacious.

I am also a fan of the 85 I only have a couple of them left as I let go of a couple of them (One of which it is good to see again ;))
Here are the two I still have, plus an old EC Simmons that sneaked into the picture.

BF%2085%2002.jpg

EO%20old%20and%20new.jpg

I have but one....and it is my most carried knife. Had one in cocobolo, sold it, missed it terribly, found another this past February. This one will not get away.

IMG_0486_zps29c7b447.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1434_zpsacc55a4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just love the pattern!
Peter

wow, never heard of Kamagong ebony, sounds exotic :) looks lovely too!

It's an endangered tree from the Philippines, and is mostly banned from export. This piece came from an old post-WWII bring-back. Well-seasoned to say the least!

It's an endangered tree from the Philippines, and is mostly banned from export. This piece came from an old post-WWII bring-back. Well-seasoned to say the least!

That is so cool man, and makes that knife that much more special. I'd love to have something like that.

YES it must-shame on you:p
Will-what is the bottom photo (stag?) where it's perched on a fence post or stump? Now THAT is grailavacious.

Many thanks meako! :thumbup: It was Burnt Stag but it was too lacklustre and rather obese in places for my liking. So I 'improved' it: quite a bit of grinding down on the pile side, the stag did not have much bark at all just 'fat' Looked slimmer but too palid, what to do?? Why, brew up a load of intolerably strong tea ( I like drinking it that way anyhow) and nerve myself to give it a good bath in hot tea plus a pinch of salt. You need to have some bottle to do this to a stag knife, or just recklessness or as I did, have a few drinks beforehand to 'objectify' the situation:eek::D:D Anyway, I was very pleased with the outcome, the blades and springs went black, the stag aged satisfyingly even giving it a 'mammothish' aspect I feel. I've done the same to an anaemic CASE Mini Copperlock in stag which now looks great and to a Forum Stag knife I sent to Duncan in NZ. Can recommend this for stag needing a tune-up, bone will have it, but not so well.

Regards, Will

Back