Stuart Branson's Trail Ninja!

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's my pleasure to present you with Stu's most recent creation, and will let the pictures do the talking...

nzhYKgT.jpg

YTTGWtz.jpg

uZ96RDI.jpg

bz9oMq8.jpg

dtWttOX.jpg

zGVnWFv.jpg

qki4oIS.jpg

le2DENF.jpg

AKkvURn.jpg

lWRczdO.jpg

VMbbxfM.jpg

lvzAmUI.jpg

H9zLR4j.jpg

I love it! What's particularly cool is that Stuart made the sheath to my specs, and did it really well

Like any Branson knife I've used, and it's been a few, his heat treatment and bevel geometry is bang on. This knife is a performer!

Very cool chopper. I love it when the tip end flares out to be wider like that.

I was shocked you didn't end up with this piece, Dudley. Snaked ya!:p:D

I love the look! But it seems like the wrap would be a bit hard on the hands during a long bout of serious brushwork?

Man, it came at a bad time and I just couldn’t swing it without marital problems....it won’t happen again buddy! ;)
haha! I'll take this a a rare victory :)

wrt the handle- I found that for snap cutting ie; through small diameter stems and leaves, gloves really helped in stopping the swing and keeping my wrists from getting cranked. Chopping, on the other hand, (no pun intended) was way better than expected wrt my hands staying comfortable without gloves. A fellow with dainty hand skin may not have the same experience

this is a surprisingly light weight knife, that rings like a bell through the little stuff, and beats the drum through the big stuff

Back