• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Stuart Davenport Paring Knife

Comprehensivist

Platinum Member
For Sale: Stuart Davenport Paring Knife

I have one of Stuart’s paring knives that I like so much that I decided to purchase this knife from him earlier this year with the intent to give it as a gift to a forum friend. That was before I discovered he already has one in a different wood. That is why I am selling it now. It is completely new and unused as received from Stuart. It includes the edge protector shown below.

Here is an excerpt from Stuart’s original ad description:

“The steel is high carbon 52100, often used in the production of ball bearings, but with an exacting (and updated) heat treatment to get the most out of it. This takes time, but the heat treatment is the soul of a knife! After normalizing and thermal cycling, the blade is held at a constant precise temperature for a set time, and then is quenched in oil, placed between aluminum plates to ensure straightness (we hope!), and then on to triple tempering. The final hardness on these babies is ~62-63HRC. The grind is full flat, taken to a "zero" edge and then backed off just a hair to establish a tiny "flat", then sharpened. For the sharpening gurus out there who might be interested, I used a Shapton Pro 1000 ceramic stone, followed by the Spyderco Fine ceramic stone, and the result amazed even my exacting standards....super super sharp! The knife has Padauk handle scales, which is a gorgeous red colored wood.”

Stuart’s Specs:
OAL: 7 1/2
Blade: 3 1/8"
Handle: 4 3/8" Padauk Wood
Thickness: 0.050"
Steel: 52100 62-63HRC
Edge: 26° inclusive (13° per side), 6 micron 0.005" prior to sharpening
Weight: 1.5 oz.

Price: $Sold I am not looking for any trades at this time.

The listed price includes Paypal Goods & Services fees and domestic USPS Priority shipping with Signature required tracking.

First unconditional "I'll take it" response posted in this thread or sent through forum DM has priority to buy. I expect payment within 24 hours of sending you my Paypal info.

Buyer must be of legal age and is responsible to know and follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and guidelines.

Thanks for looking!

Phil

Last edited:
Back