styles of khukuri and knife you would like to see more of

personally I really loved the style of the most recent thamar dhankute knife that hanniman/ndog won and would like to see more of these

a short list of my own, I ask that everyone here try to add the style you would most like to see offered by HI in a larger run. This is in no way official or meant to make you think we will actually get these, but I don't think it hurts to show HI what we really like that they have been doing lately.

personally I think all the new blades are wonderful and I love to see them, I am a big khuk fan of course, but I really like all that HI has been doing , that being said here are a couple of my hopes for HI.

1. even more historic khuks, I always loved the manakama, and the museum based khuks!
2. more bowies! of all types, like the thamar offerings of fishknife and dhankute
3. more giant bamboo/monster cutters -- really really liked that big bamboo cutter and all the swords like manjushree and katana

if this should be in cantina, please move!

I would absolutely love to see a return of the Spear Vala! Beautiful Smatchet and I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

yeah great call, spear vala is one I would also buy and even planned to order special

Id be in for a larger 17" spear vala as well. Id also like to see the return of the HI parang and maybe their take on the golok as well.

I really liked the bamboo cutter snow picked up with the straight blade. Very golok-esque.

Haven't seen much of the hanshee/boomerang style.

Haven't seen a 22" ganga ram in a while either.

Also a Bhairab Khuk, a Bura Knife and Butterfly Sword(Looking Through the HI Catalog) Also, maybe some different Axes? Has HI ever Done Axes?

Would like to see more swords of all types.

Foxy Folly, Spear Vala, full size Hasiya, Smatchet, Falcata, Kami's take on a Wu Jian, Kerambit, an EDC fighting Bowie, to just name a few.

I think the full size bowie (from the website) is just about the nicest looking knife I have ever seen. Have not seen one (available) for at least a year.

Yes all of the above:thumbup: Also more dui, yek,and some tin chirras by Thamar in the old style. Id like to see a few spearheads! That'd be cool. Any swords like the Rajkumar fighting sword, dha's, mandau, ilang, or any other indo stuff. Oh and the baby stuff like baby Fox Folly, baby dui chirra (Thamar style). I could go on forever. Heck id even buy an HI cannon ball with devanagari all over it. What side does the makers mark go on:confused:

Short wakizashi style blade with extra long chiruwa style handle. Maybe 21in blade 12in handle.

Dui Chirra style fighters

PLEASE... We need more partial tangs like the Chainpati and Hanshee shown in the catalog.

Hanshees Hanshees and more Hanshees please in both partial tang and rat tail tang construction

Swords of all styles... I will buy just about any sword they feel like making.

Kemarbit needs to make a comeback

It's been a long time since I saw a munk chunk cleaver offered. I wish I'd jumped on one when they were more common.

I would love to get my hands on an R6 with a horn handle, would both be a beautiful and functional small bushcraft/bird and trout knife.

I would also love to see HI's take on the Tomahawk oh and maybe a 17-18 in version of some KLUVK's.

I would love to get HI's take on some of the Middle Eastern daggers from the HI catalog and the history of HI I find both the Panjabi Churi:

Panjabi_Churi_zpsd5fe44ff.jpg

and the Chandrika:

CHANDRIKA_zpse5851ed0.jpg

As examples.

But I also agree with the folks that feel more dui, yek, and tins in the old style that Thamar has revived would be awesome.

Last edited:
Bonecutters. Big Bonecutters.:D

Aleous, I'm with you on the 17"-18" KLVUK. I've been hoping for this size since I got my first one. I think a 17 1/2 inch KLVUK would fit in the Kami Medical Fund Sheaths perfectly! (That's my "go to" knife when I'm on my riding lawnmower. Works great on errant limbs that want to hit me in the face while I'm mowing.) If HI starts a run of KLVUKs in this size I'll be down for two of them.

I have a real soft spot for the bowie knives HI makes. However, the next falcata that shows up I will shark sharking in a heartbeat.

I'd love to see some longleaf style kukris. The gently curved spine, thin tip, and tucked-in waist make for a beautiful knife. Make it 21" or so, with a thin handle, and it'd be darn close to my ideal kukri. Of course, there are a few other tweaks I'd want that basically mean I'd have to get it custom-made. Not that either is really an option - I'm toothless for the foreseeable future.

I'm pretty much toothless for a while too but I would grow some teeth super quick for an R6 or a 17-18 in KLUVK!

I would also like to see some more traditional long leaf style kukri similar to the ones IMA procured from the Royal Nepalese Arsenal, love the style of the blade but

the handles were unattractive to me and the blades were usually not in the best shape(some being bent and almost all of them having significant rust/discoloring)

so would love to see HI's take on them.

Back