styles of khukuri and knife you would like to see more of

I wouldn't mind seeing a larger version of that karda (is that the sharp one?) offered ..say camping knife size. I wonder if someone could even toss out the chakma and put a 4"(blade) or so camp knife where the karda and chakma go ..say on some of these villiger kuk or those little m43s.

Last edited:
Kumar Kardas are nice blades. They are pretty thick though. About 1/4". HI also made a few runs of some 12-13" ones that were really nice as well.
Heres my regular KK.

23d58f089d1d839973de647fc4eea41a

Kumar Kardas are nice blades. They are pretty thick though. About 1/4". HI also made a few runs of some 12-13" ones that were really nice as well.
Heres my regular KK.

23d58f089d1d839973de647fc4eea41a

Kamidog...what the bloody hell is going on in that picture?! :eek: is the blade purple? Is it the lighting? Gah I'm amazed haha

Kamidog...what the bloody hell is going on in that picture?! :eek: is the blade purple? Is it the lighting? Gah I'm amazed haha

I'm told it is possible to temper a blade to different colors. I've seen blue and purple myself. I don't know what kind of effects that has on the blade in terms of utility and its specific qualities, but it can be done.

I think it's all tricky light reflection. Unless kamidog has more than one I've see it before and it was normal super shiny. It should have been mine. It wanted to live with me badly but I think the mail was hijacked and it was taken hostage and during the negotiations, it got amnesia and forgot who and where I was and somehow through some underhanded stricks and chicanery along with a little payola it ended up at kamidogs!

I hold no ill feelings, water under the bridge, really, I hardly think about it anymore really.............just another drop dead gorgeous KK with the wrong zip code.

I'm fine really.

Ha! I can guarantee you phillll it aint Pabst Blue Ribbon. Guinness maybe? Nah..wrong color. Aint no telling what that colorful light is? Must be its soul glowing. Its saying "Take me to washington where I can collect frozen tongues on my ricasso!" That was an exceptionally done KK. It's a Rajkumar. I do have another but the handle is a bit smaller and it is wood. I gave it to my wife for kitchen use but I snuck it back about a week ago since she dont use it. Lets see if she notices? She took my Hasiya so I guess were even:rolleyes:

Pabst used to be my favorite once we could get it here in Washington. On visits to Missouri it was always the beer of choice.

I still haven't tried this Guinness stuff, I know you and Bookie speak well of it.

In pondering this thread seriously (something I rarely do, that serious stuff ya know) I find myself hesitant to even bring up a request.

They always seem to come up with stuff that rekindles my desire for more sharp pointy things.

I'm partial to the more traditional models, the curved spine for example just absolutely sings.

I think they do a pretty fine job of offering up both stuff that's been around for a while, the farm knives and hasiya's etc along with new stuff or off shoots of traditional designs.

I almost think the surprise is worth the price of admission in itself.

The proof of this is my watch/want/need list doesn't seem to be getting one little bit smaller. If anything it seems to be getting longer and longer.

I'd kind of like to see a few more kukris with guards, at least as special items. Perhaps even true kukris with a guard on both sides of the blade.

Sound like another fella who would love Howard Wallace's Liberty series. Some good stuff there, look it up.

I still haven't tried this Guinness stuff, I know you and Bookie speak well of it.
Well guess who's making a run to the bottlo for some Guiness :)

And it has been said several times over already, by me also...more thamar curved spines please! I love that old style and curve, ugh, does things to me :)

Anyone considering selling theirs? Hmm mm mm? :D

bottlo? Where the heck is my ozzy dictionary, I thought that was slang for the loo. But that can't be right?

Check with Bookie when he gets back on that curved spine.

That should be a very colorful and exciting response. Be sure to share it with all of us. I never seen a man so in love with a knife. Well maybe me and mine. I wouldn't part with mine for no amount. Sorry mate! Aw, maybe we ain't mates yet, we need to fill out an application or do the blood brother thing with 25" Siru's or what?

Do ask him though, worth it just to get a response. Should be good.

If I were to order a custom kukri, it would be a curved spine/longleaf style with a small guard in the front, like that on the Cherokee Rose, a thin chiruwa-style handle, and a long Pictish Beast instead of the Sword of Shiva, with certain Celtic symbols inside it.. Give it a 3/8" spine, with a couple of fullers, and that's pretty much perfect for me. But that's many years away, unless I win the lottery.

Last edited:
I think the kamis would adapt to doing these (Hu Die Dao, or river pirate knives, or Chinese Bowies-lotsa different names) pretty well:image.jpgimage.jpg
Nobody but me seems to make 'em.

Nice shape. Kinda sorta resembles the Dhankute i got a few weeks ago but much smaller.
4e1bd9a0dc7d5826b825299272ad5f31

Good stuff Ndog....I'm really digging it, love the shape of the blade, and that scabbard, looks over the top.

Back