styles of khukuri and knife you would like to see more of

Thanks cul. I cant seem to put that blade away in the collection yet. Too pretty and feels so right! I do like that River Pirates knife a lot JW. That swedge all across the top is cool. Is it sharpend? That might be a good style to make from an old file.

Although i cant post pictures of my Dhankute, Imagine the same Blade Style,, With the Guard of Gehazis Fish Knife(the one that is on both sides)

I would like to see a Foxy Folly made by Thamar Bahadur - he has demonstrated that he can make a wide blade with deep fullers that isn't too thick and heavy.

Although i cant post pictures of my Dhankute, Imagine the same Blade Style,, With the Guard of Gehazis Fish Knife(the one that is on both sides)

I was meaning to ask you about yours. Glad you got one! So yours was kind of a hybrid then? Wow! Guess they were all unique. How bout that pommel! I think you could bust a coconut open with it:thumbup:

bottlo? Where the heck is my ozzy dictionary, I thought that was slang for the loo. But that can't be right?

Check with Bookie when he gets back on that curved spine.

That should be a very colorful and exciting response. Be sure to share it with all of us. I never seen a man so in love with a knife. Well maybe me and mine. I wouldn't part with mine for no amount. Sorry mate! Aw, maybe we ain't mates yet, we need to fill out an application or do the blood brother thing with 25" Siru's or what?

Do ask him though, worth it just to get a response. Should be good.

Hahaha you know you can get an Aussie slang dictionary, read through one at the bookshop the other day, good laugh :D bottlo is bottle shop mate, dunny is toilet. Don't wanna get those two mixed up in a convo :/

And we could cross sirus but mines only about 20 inches :/ that wasn't an innuendo at all haha

I'll definitely ask bookie for his curved spine, maybe I can trade him something...like that damn roo that keeps popping up. Gotta figure out how to get that through customs...

Billhook.

Billhook would be great! I would love to see HI make these (bent one beneath) like the ones from Auntis Planchok village trip.
2115p1z.jpg

Im thinking custom with big teardrop fuller and about a 12' or longer handle. Giant Hasiya:thumbup: That would be sweet!

My favorite to have HI blade would be an Bahadur knife at 20" long. I believe it would be a good seller if they were available.

Bahadur was called the "Brave" knife? most I have seen were about 15" I think. :)

a bahadur is still a model i want as well fal, and that size would be a bonus

Thanks cul. I cant seem to put that blade away in the collection yet. Too pretty and feels so right! I do like that River Pirates knife a lot JW. That swedge all across the top is cool. Is it sharpend? That might be a good style to make from an old file.
The swedge is just airfoil (meatfoil?) to make it cut better. I've never seen an original with a swedge-that's my version. The originals generally have a squared spine.

The swedge is just airfoil (meatfoil?) to make it cut better. I've never seen an original with a swedge-that's my version. The originals generally have a squared spine.

Meatfoil! Even got some meat dynamics built into it! Theres a whole new science there JW. Flat spine causes meat to cavitate behind the blade in low pressure zone and causes resistance to cutting:foot:

Meatfoil! Even got some meat dynamics built into it! Theres a whole new science there JW. Flat spine causes meat to cavitate behind the blade in low pressure zone and causes resistance to cutting:foot:

I think someone's been reading Hunt for Red October.

I think someone's been reading Hunt for Red October.
Wasnt there a movie "Red October" Seems like I saw that maybe in one of my past lives? Wasnt anytime real soon I know that.
Speaking of "things you want to see more of". Have you heard anything on your Scara Suga? Very cool design. I think they would sell nicely!

Wasnt there a movie "Red October" Seems like I saw that maybe in one of my past lives? Wasnt anytime real soon I know that.
Speaking of "things you want to see more of". Have you heard anything on your Scara Suga? Very cool design. I think they would sell nicely!

I've been meaning to send an email asking about it, but haven't gotten around to it. Plus finals week is starting so I have other concerns.

You can bet Aunti hasnt forgot about it. She listens to us pretty well. I never understood why they called them finals when you have to do several of them every semester till you graduate:rolleyes: Good luck on them.

You can bet Aunti hasnt forgot about it. She listens to us pretty well. I never understood why they called them finals when you have to do several of them every semester till you graduate:rolleyes: Good luck on them.

I'm not worried that she's forgotten, I'm more worried that it'll get held up in customs for a long time. Or that the kami will interpret the jimping as serration.

Oh and speaking of knives we'd like to see, I'd like to see a few Cherokee Roses with kukri handles. The kukri handle is built for snap cuts, and snap cuts are a popular strike with bowies, so why not?

The Cherokee Rose was designed by a forum member, Yvsa, who has since passed on. It was his masterpiece and heavily influenced by his Native American heritage. I don't think it would be prudent to mess with that particular design. :)

Curved handles! Got my first m-43 and she really feels good in the hand.

Back