styles of khukuri and knife you would like to see more of

just saw something I wanted but never see in the lists--- lets get a round of HI bolos!

You can bet Aunti hasnt forgot about it. She listens to us pretty well. I never understood why they called them finals when you have to do several of them every semester till you graduate:rolleyes: Good luck on them.

The kami are still working on knives for the store, so no work on the Scara Suga yet.

Grats conan! Let us know how she chops:thumbup:

Thank you ndoghouse. Just got back from the woods and She chops super fantastic! Only 15" but 29 ounces so she packs a punch. I have a new favorite

Well Gehazi, you have great taste in Big knives. :) GO Bahadur!! Going to pound one out for myself if none are made.

phil has a great bahadur I think fal, he should post it !!

HI makes great small knives and big knives, I just like them all, especially the "strange" stuff like bolos, swords etc really love everything they do but especially the rare runs!

phil has a great bahadur I think fal, he should post it !!

IMG_3414_zpsb03855aa.jpg~original

:thumbup:

After seeing that "largest specimens of HI models" thread, I'd like to see HI make some Janawar Katne. Apparently in the past there were five made by HI. Of course, a 40" ganga ram special would be nice, too.

personally I really loved the style of the most recent thamar dhankute knife that hanniman/ndog won and would like to see more of these

a short list of my own, I ask that everyone here try to add the style you would most like to see offered by HI in a larger run. This is in no way official or meant to make you think we will actually get these, but I don't think it hurts to show HI what we really like that they have been doing lately.

personally I think all the new blades are wonderful and I love to see them, I am a big khuk fan of course, but I really like all that HI has been doing , that being said here are a couple of my hopes for HI.

1. even more historic khuks, I always loved the manakama, and the museum based khuks!
2. more bowies! of all types, like the thamar offerings of fishknife and dhankute
3. more giant bamboo/monster cutters -- really really liked that big bamboo cutter and all the swords like manjushree and katana

if this should be in cantina, please move!

I agree with more :

1.) - Historical & Museum khukuries reproduction

2.) - Bowie knifes - I am sure,there are lot of bowie knifes on the market these days (not talking HI bowies in following words)- sadly and most of them,often overpriced,great looking but with very poor quality and not very long lasting construction....even very expensive models often break,snap etc.Therefore i believe enhancing this category with rich selection of very solid,massive choppers also with typical western style bowie models in this category would surely be very much in high demand from general public.

just saw something I wanted but never see in the lists--- lets get a round of HI bolos!

Sher makes an amazing bolo knife. This is one of the strongest blades I have ever held. The spine is a full 1/2" and that thickness goes almost all the way from bolster to tip. It's 20" OAL and 35 oz. It's hard to believe that a blade that long and thick can come in at 35 oz, but there are two long deep fullers running almost the full length, so that must be the reason. The handle and butt cap are also something special. I don't think there's anything that this bolo knife couldn't chop down.

View attachment 498171 View attachment 498172

View attachment 498173 View attachment 498174

you must have posted that to offer it for sale to this guy :D stunning and unique blade, can't wait to order one for myself!

This really isn't a remake, but I'd love to see some Laraw knives. Well, swords at some lengths. The bottom one here is gorgeous.
4136941430_d6cf91bb62_b.jpg

Interesting Darth, Are those related somehow to Daos? They seem to have some similarity but a lot of differences too. Never heard of them before and would love more details.

I don't know a lot about them, they were used in the Philippines and I'm Taiwan (as seen in Warriors of the Rainbow), and in a few other cultures with varying degrees of curve. They're dual purpose machetes/weapons.

Back