Sub-hilt

This pattern has morphed from a boot knife, to a fighter, and ended up as this sub-hilt. CPM154 hollow ground blade with a 600 grit hand satin. 416 guard and sub-hilt with brass and black fiber accents. Handle is black G10.
Over all length is 16" with an 11" blade. Cheers Mr. D.

Sub-hilt Knife by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

sub-hilt handle by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Sub-hilt by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Sub-hilt leather sheath by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Fighter & Boot Knife by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

These designs from you are some of my most admired ever....they’re stunningly graceful and the flowing lines are absolutely incredible. :cool:

Beautiful...to have all three would be a great way to start a Del Raso collection. Again I would be happy with just one. Not sure how long that would last though. I'm sure I would want another one. :)

Among everything else: That brass/black spacer combo. So subtle, so sweet.

Yessss......

You know, with a little work this guy could be good. :D Seriously beautiful stuff. Great eye, and hand, for details.

Wow Peter that is a beautifully executed pattern.......just brilliant!:)

I’m a huge fan of your work and this is sexy as hell. The blade is even better than those other two IMP, such a flow. WOW!

Red

what's up with the pins in the sheath? Do they go through the welt and out the other side?
knife is super cool of course, but that sheath is friggin amazing

Thanks Lorien.

Pins are decorative, they are a small dome with four legs. The legs splay out when you tap them into the leather. Can't get them out without ruining the leather so they need to go in right the first time.

Customer saw them on a previous sheath and asked for them to be included in this one.

Back