• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Subzero/cryo freezer

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Up for sale is our subzero freezer. We bought it to take the bulk of the load off of our dewar. But our business has quickly grown to out pace what this will do. We had to invest into a much larger lab cryo freezer. This is a great freezer and can be ran dry or wet (ethanol filled). It has about 8” depth and cools down to -115°c which is around -175°f. It’s cold enough that denatured alcohol will start to thicken up. If you have blades that are longer then the 8” you can just use a vacuum flask as a cap and it keeps the cold inside. Then I would always flip the blades around. It works fantastic and I would keep it but the wife said if I bought the bigger cryo chest freezer I had to sell this to help cover the much higher cost of the big freezer.

The price is $500 and you cover shipping. We can package it how ever you like and deliver it to USPS, UPS or fedEx. You will be responsible for any insurance if you want it. I will plug it in and verify it’s in perfectly working order befor shipping. If you have any questions just ask. JT

Photo%20Jun%2022%2C%207%2010%2036%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2022%2C%207%2011%2026%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2022%2C%207%2011%2006%20PM.jpg

Would you please provide some more info? Dimensions, weight, power?
It’s just a standard 115v AC at 12amps. Runs fine off a standard wall socket. The dimensions are 25-5/8” x 20” x 12.5”
As for weight I’m not quite sure. I can pick it up to move it but dot have an actual weight right now. I will get out the scale and weight it but I would guess 75+ lbs.

If it would fit in a flat rate box or you would cover shipping, I would take it.

How long does it take to get to temperature?
Depends on if you will it with liquid. If full it will take 3-5hrs to reach temp. If it’s empty it reaches temper rather quickly. I started keeping my alcohol in the shop freezer and wound fill it when I needed it so it would cool faster as it was only having to cool from -10° not 75°.

If it would fit in a flat rate box or you would cover shipping, I would take it.

it won’t fit in a flat rate box and if I cover shipping then I might as well keep it as I would be loosing money on it. It’s not a must sell item. We just don’t need it and we wanted to offer it to someone else that might want to get into refrigerated subzero treatment.

Back