Suddenly you wake and find...

I will try this, have avoided thinking about losing all my knives, at least I would now have room for shirts, socks and underwear to go in my drawers. Takes up a lot of space you know. :rolleyes:

My ML Knives Hudson Bay knife, my SA Alox Pioneer, my JK Extended Worker, and the forth is a toss up between my Buck 112 Slim Pro, Manly Wasp or my Big Chris 1/16 thick hunter.

P.S. - Oh, since the person who stole my knives or the fire or natural disaster that destroyed my house, the Mora was missed or saved since it would be in my BOB bag in the back of the truck. I figured us knife nuts would figure how to finagle a fifth knife out of this scenario.:D

Last edited:
- A Native of some sort, I think either S110V or LC200N.
- A nice puukko.
- A GEC with a sheep/ramsfoot, a 93 ram preferably.
- And a Spyderco Waterway..

I would be seriously sad and upset that the Victorinox (my first knife) that my Dad gave me 45 years ago is gone. Even though I never use it and it stays in a safe place, it is worth more to me than all the others put together. If I put a picture of it here, you all would probably correctly value it around $10. But it means the world to me.

I would buy a Vic Huntsman and spend a LONG time deciding on what next to get. It's quite possible the Huntsman would be my only knife for the rest of my life.

I think...during...
:)
G2

Some I would want to choose are not in stock, but I could find these at dealers, and eventually pick up a Forum Knife on the Exchange.

Victorinox Alox Farmer, Buck 301 - 2018 Traditional Forum Knife, LionSteel Shuffler, Small Sebenza.

IMG_2593.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg IMG_2351.jpg IMG_1799 (2).jpg

This is so much easier than trimming my collection down to “which 4 would you keep” because it eliminates the sentimental ones.

As an example: If my Dads knife was stolen there would be no reason to buy another the new one is not his.

Buck 110
Randall Buxton fighter
Buck 212
Pairing knife

Sentimentality is such an anchor!

I totally agree!
I wouldn’t go out and buy another KaBar as it wouldn’t be the one my dad carried through the war and although I have nothing against traditional knives I wouldn’t replace the few I have that were my grandfathers and great grandfathers.

1) Large CF Inkosi #100 that has my late mother’s birthday.
2) Large PJ Sebenza 21 that has my late fathers birthday.
3) Microtech OD Green LUDT in Elmax.
4) Benchmade Bugout with the chromium nitrided blade and aftermarket orange G10 scales.

The 4 above would be my immediate replacements assuming that I could get them.
I’d be very sad that the aliens abducted the rest and would eventually replace my Carothers woods knife and hunting blade but those could wait until deer season.

.....I would buy a Vic Huntsman and spend a LONG time deciding on what next to get. It's quite possible the Huntsman would be my only knife for the rest of my life.
I have the same thought with my Vic Small Tinker. I carried the 111mm Adventurer model for about 15 years, but I am comfortable with a downsized Vic these days. The old Adventurer still gets use quite often, just not carried like I used to.

I know what you mean about choosing a Pioneer quite possibly as the only knife for the rest of your life. It's a good medium size for a Vic, slim enough for easy pocket carry, and quite functional. I have thoughts along the same line and in the "one knife for the rest of your life" threads, I tend to choose a Vic over all others. The four knife approach for this thread is an interesting slant. Four knives can easily be "enough". Four folding knives is about what I had before getting a lot more interested in knives in the late-80's. That is also when I decided that I really like the Vic Tinker for regular carry. I only used a couple of the four back then and didn't own a fixed blade at all outside the kitchen.

The Rambo movies were a milestone beginning in 1982. After First Blood, and probably the second movie, I plunged into the world of fixed blades starting with a modest handmade drop point (sourced from a gun show), moving to tactical survival knives (knife shows), to more hunting type knives, to general woods use fixed blades and a few choppers..... a pretty good pile of fixed blades have appeared in my stable. But, I seldom use them. Replacement under this scenario.... probably a couple but that would happen slowly and would have to really ponder the attributes that I like the most.

Last edited:
Some I would want to choose are not in stock, but I could find these at dealers, and eventually pick up a Forum Knife on the Exchange.

Victorinox Alox Farmer, Buck 301 - 2018 Traditional Forum Knife, LionSteel Shuffler, Small Sebenza.

View attachment 1183186
View attachment 1183181 View attachment 1183182 View attachment 1183180
I really like both the 2012 and 2018 Traditional Forum knives; 2012 made by GEC and 2018 made by Buck. I don't automatically purchase the forum knives. I have to like them.

Back