Suga Bowie # 2

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
12 1/8'' 17 ounce villager fit and finish Suga Bowie by Manoj. Chiurwa style satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Manoj best efforts. Add to your ongoing Bowie collection at $195. *SOLD*

0fWKdn7.jpg

aUIqFaH.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Wowsa! :eek:

I'm loving that knife. I hope some hit around Christmas.

I keep coming back and looking at this one, pretty sure its long gone by now..... but I'm struggling with it.... half of me wants one very much..... the other half really wishes it was made with a slightly thicker stock.

I guess the solution is to grab one of these, and a Cherokee Rose bowie and have one of each thin stock and thick stock......

thinner would be a better slicer, but not quite as good a chopper.... probably a better all around knife as a thin stock blade however.....

Grrrr...... cant make up my mind =o/

If they make one of these minus the top guard I'd be sold. I love Bowie's but I have never personally like the double guard.

But that is sexy.

love the knife, really do, but this is unquestioningly the dullest knife I have ever received from HI.... its, pretty bad actually lol...

easy fix, just thought I'd mention it.

Blade looks to be made of the same steel the Tamang's are made of, and the VUKs ..... its thick enough to be durable, but not so thick it can't be a good slicer.... still thick enough to baton with, but won't be much of a chopper.

the handle is more comfortable than I'd thought it would be, and you hardly feel the rivets at all, they cause no pain so far thru use, but being's its never going to be a chopper, hot spots are less an issue considering lack of impact.

over all I'm quite pleased with it.... my one biggest surprise I guess is it's completely sterile ..... no markings of any kind on it.... no kami mark, no UBRIP, nothing.... kinda odd I guess after being so used to seeing all the blades signed for so long.

anyway.... if you can swing one, it's a great knife.....hope a few more show up eventually!

love the knife, really do, but this is unquestioningly the dullest knife I have ever received from HI.... its, pretty bad actually lol...

easy fix, just thought I'd mention it.

Blade looks to be made of the same steel the Tamang's are made of, and the VUKs ..... its thick enough to be durable, but not so thick it can't be a good slicer.... still thick enough to baton with, but won't be much of a chopper.

the handle is more comfortable than I'd thought it would be, and you hardly feel the rivets at all, they cause no pain so far thru use, but being's its never going to be a chopper, hot spots are less an issue considering lack of impact.

over all I'm quite pleased with it.... my one biggest surprise I guess is it's completely sterile ..... no markings of any kind on it.... no kami mark, no UBRIP, nothing.... kinda odd I guess after being so used to seeing all the blades signed for so long.

anyway.... if you can swing one, it's a great knife.....hope a few more show up eventually!

Mine has a pretty sharp edge, but also no markings. The blade reminds me of a Becker, but the guard and handle are different. I agree that it's not really a chopper, but robust enough to chop with in a pinch. Just seems like a solid, all-around knife, and a size that's good for carrying, if you are somewhere that allows open carry.

Back