1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Suggestion: Payment thru PayPal?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by zulu45, May 18, 2007.

1. zulu45

zulu45

Jul 14, 2006
    I'm a paranoid individual, I don't deny it. And that most definately includes online payment. But the only payment method is Authorize.net, and a lot of people (myself included) are paranoid as hell about new payment methods. Any chance of getting payments allowed thru PayPal?

2. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.)

Oct 9, 1998
    Paypal gives a percentage of their profits to anti-second amendment organizations. :thumbdn:

Even if we were willing to support that, they wouldn't be willing to do business with us.

3. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Authorize.net is the way that many of your online transactions are handled, you just don't see it. They are a large credit card gateway that is used by many online retailers to process their CC payments. They are usually attached straight to the shopping cart and as soon as you hit the "place order" button the process goes straight through to authorize.net. You have probably used them in the past and not even realized it.

I hope this helps

Eric

4. Mike G

Mike G

Jul 15, 2000
    Using your credit card online at reputable vendors is no different really, than handing your card to the guy behind the counter at your local sporting goods store. Much safer online, IMHO.

Keep in mind; most credit cards have built in fraud protection, so you aren't liable for fraudulent charges. This is better protection than Paypal. Paypal does not guarantee recovery of funds due to fraud. Ask me how I know this.

Also, I'm one of those guys who pays almost all of his bills online, most with my Visa debit card, and the rest with a deduction directly from my bank account.

I have never had one single problem.

5. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Jun 30, 1999
    :eek: I must have been sleeping, but I hadn't heard. Who are they supporting? Who are they refusing to do business with?
    Is this a gun issue?

6. zulu45

zulu45

Jul 14, 2006
    Heh, the unfortunate thing is if you don't have a credit card, like me. I try to avoid them like the plague. I guess I could try to get a check card, or one of those rechargable credit cards.

7. zulu45

zulu45

Jul 14, 2006
    Thanks for the link, Cougar. I think, just for ease, I'll try one of the rechargable credit card thru the new system.

8. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    I don't use credit cards either, but I do have a debit card and you can use that just like you can any credit card. As long as it has the Visa/Mastercard logo you have all the protections you do of a regular credit card. Just check with your bank, most banks offer them for free.

:D:D