Suggestion to SOG Warranty/Repair

Hello,

I have really enjoyed using my SOG Terminus XR, and am excited about multiple of your new offerings. However, living in Canada I cannot send my knife back into warranty when my XR Lock spring breaks. I currently have two SOG terminus XR's with broken XR springs sitting in a draw. When my AXIS lock breaks, benchmade will now ship me the omega springs or parts due to the problems with the CBSA. I understand this is expensive to ship to Canada, however as SOG moves into the more "premium" market I hope their warrant also will reflect that. My suggestion is, if at the current time it isn't practical for you to ship parts (especially the XR spring replacements), that you ship bulk replacement parts that could be sold by approved SOG retailers in Canada. Curious to hear about what others think about selling replacement parts? While (slightly) more expensive for the customer, I feel the ability to sell and the cost reduction of bulk shipments of a small item would make it a lot of more cost effective and feasible for the manufacturer. What are you thoughts for this alternative for parts replacement/warranty? What do you think would be an appropriate price for different parts (XR Lock springs for example)?

Might be worth SOG and maybe a few other companies organizing either an import agent to deal with this, or authorize a repair facility.

Hello,

I have really enjoyed using my SOG Terminus XR, and am excited about multiple of your new offerings. However, living in Canada I cannot send my knife back into warranty when my XR Lock spring breaks. I currently have two SOG terminus XR's with broken XR springs sitting in a draw. When my AXIS lock breaks, benchmade will now ship me the omega springs or parts due to the problems with the CBSA. I understand this is expensive to ship to Canada, however as SOG moves into the more "premium" market I hope their warrant also will reflect that. My suggestion is, if at the current time it isn't practical for you to ship parts (especially the XR spring replacements), that you ship bulk replacement parts that could be sold by approved SOG retailers in Canada. Curious to hear about what others think about selling replacement parts? While (slightly) more expensive for the customer, I feel the ability to sell and the cost reduction of bulk shipments of a small item would make it a lot of more cost effective and feasible for the manufacturer. What are you thoughts for this alternative for parts replacement/warranty? What do you think would be an appropriate price for different parts (XR Lock springs for example)?
I doubt anyone from SOG will every see or reply to this. Have you tried contacting them directly? Contacting the dealer you bought the knife from? Contacting a SOG dealer in your country?

I doubt anyone from SOG will every see or reply to this. Have you tried contacting them directly? Contacting the dealer you bought the knife from? Contacting a SOG dealer in your country?
I have not expressed my idea to them directly. I have spoken to their warranty department, and the only replacement part they currently ship is pocket clips. I would have to send my knife into warranty to get the springs replaced. The SOG dealer only deals with warranty/repairs if the issue happens within 30 days of purchase (it has been longer than that).

Last edited:
I have not expressed my idea to them directly. I have spoken to their warranty department, and the only replacement part they currently ship is pocket clips. I would have to send my knife into warranty to get the springs replaced. The SOG dealer only deals with warranty/repairs if the issue happens within 30 days of purchase (it has been longer than that).
That sucks. Hopefully your country gets it together and decides to have reasonable laws.

Back