Suggestions For Monthly Specials

Yes and I can’t wait! Sorry if I was not clear. I meant I might be interested in a bluegill without scales.

That could be an interesting proposition too, with the curved handle. I think that's the challenge with the scaleless designs, getting it to have some spots to grip as well. I think that's why a scaleless element would be badass.

I think this was a one-off, but it's been a really handy desk knife for me at work. It's pretty small and should be a pretty nice price, even if not on special. I think it was called a "little 'un" in the sales ad last summer. Certainly not going to handle rougher camping tasks, but it could handle a few and it's really light. It's roughly a fixed blade pen knife, in my mind.

WQFpEual.jpg

0qFG71Nl.jpg

Edit: I bet you if add in a full-height grind to this, it would be an even better EDC option. I'll consider taking this home with me today for the weekend and see if I can find time to compare against a mora eldris, a popular tiny camp knife. I think this would do well enough for fire starting with John's scandivex grind, which is why it's on my pocket woodcrafter model (and will be on more in the future).

So, think of the little 'un as a potential ultralight backpacker fixed blade. Stuck on the analytical scale in the lab and it's 40.5 grams (1.43 oz), without the sheath, with the little fob I have tied to it.

Last edited:
I think this was a one-off, but it's been a really handy desk knife for me at work. It's pretty small and should be a pretty nice price, even if not on special. I think it was called a "little 'un" in the sales ad last summer. Certainly not going to handle rougher camping tasks, but it could handle a few and it's really light. It's roughly a fixed blade pen knife, in my mind.

WQFpEual.jpg

0qFG71Nl.jpg

Edit: I bet you if add in a full-height grind to this, it would be an even better EDC option. I'll consider taking this home with me today for the weekend and see if I can find time to compare against a mora eldris, a popular tiny camp knife. I think this would do well enough for fire starting with John's scandivex grind, which is why it's on my pocket woodcrafter model (and will be on more in the future).

So, think of the little 'un as a potential ultralight backpacker fixed blade. Stuck on the analytical scale in the lab and it's 40.5 grams (1.43 oz), without the sheath, with the little fob I have tied to it.

I like that. Do you happen to have the specs?

ETA: I found the post with the specs. Is this one possible in stainless with a full height grind?

Back