Summary of why the Kai Sub Forum close please

cchu518

Basic Member
Not trying to create additional drama so pm'ing is ok as well in two paragraphs or less please. Thanks! I work in financial communications and the social media phenomenon of products in relation to customer feedback and interaction is very important to me.

The reason(s) haven't been disclosed. Probably will not be disclosed. Speculations are dime a dozen, but you likely won't get definitive answers.

I think what happened is some individuals harassed and/or attacked the Kai rep in the forum until he decided it wasn't worth his time anymore.

Bear in mind I have no evidence for this, it's merely speculation.

I don't get why they are leaving myself...this happened before with them. I log onto BF and two other knife sites twice a day, and Buck and Kershaw are the two I check both times on this site. I think most of the comments are positive, and I have bought a lot more Kershaws because of this site, so it serves them well. There are some negative comments in all the sub forums but they don't close down due to them.....Is this like last time where this will be shut down in a few days and the only Kershaw updates will be in the General section? If so that stinks!

Not trying to create additional drama so pm'ing is ok as well in two paragraphs or less please. Thanks! I work in financial communications and the social media phenomenon of products in relation to customer feedback and interaction is very important to me.

Important to you how? This company still has social media outlers such as Fcebook, Twitter, etc. not really much of a phenomenon going on here from what I see. The reason for them leaving has not been discussed officially by any rep. Historically, this is in fact the 2nd time this forum has been opened, only to be closed once again. Beyond that is purely speculation.

I think what happened is some individuals harassed and/or attacked the Kai rep in the forum until he decided it wasn't worth his time anymore.

Bear in mind I have no evidence for this, it's merely speculation.
You're making it sound like it was one employee from Kershaw/ZT that decided he/she was going to close this down.

I dunno what happened... I wasn't here when whatever went down went down. I did note that in my post... I'm merely speculating on a gut feeling.
I really don't think one employee would just shut this down. I'm thinking they got to together and talked about this decision together.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I became a huge KIA fan due to the sub--forum and some of it's ..."regulars".

Why not just leave it be and post a sticky that the company has NO part of the forum. I'm sure one of the fanboys will moderate and keep house.

The following is my personal opinion and I want to say that I always make an effort put my best foot forward to show respect regardless of my personal feelings:

Quite sad and very unprofessional.I see both sides also.Kai(MOD) was the wrong person to be the mod and has no business being the judge and jury in a public forum.He really left a negitive overall impression the way he handles adversity.I can understand how hard it is for him as I have walked a similar tight rope for the majority of my professional career.KAI could of shut it down and bowed out graciously and left on a positive note.I never Judge an entity by one persons actions and think they have a plan to open there own forum where they will have total control on censorship. This is a path of no return for the marketing people and will polarize openess on a public forum.Quite sad if you ask me as the quality of Kai products speak for them self.
I don't think it was the video that was the tilting point.KAI started to impose his damage controll methods((moderation) outside of the Kai sub-forum in the general discussion and enforce his company's sub-forum rules in an area of the forum not under KAI Moderation jurisdiction.This sparked off some long term paying members on this board to take it to the carpet.Kai decided to pull the plug and run for the hills.I think it could have and should have been handled on a more professional and positive way.This is of course all speculation on my behalf and I am entitled to my own personal opinion.

Peace,
salmonkiller

Last edited:
Not sure if it's true or not ,but I heard they didn't like the new BladeForums logo.
Ummm.....no.
The following is my personal opinion and I want to say that I always make an effort put my best foot forward to show respect regardless of my personal feelings:

Quite sad and very unprofessional.I see both sides also.Kai(MOD) was the wrong person to be the mod and has no business being the judge and jury in a public forum.He really left a negitive overall impression the way he handles adversity.I can understand how hard it is for him as I have walked a similar tight rope for the majority of my professional career.KAI could of shut it down and bowed out graciously and left on a positive note.I never Judge an entity by one persons actions and think they have a plan to open there own forum where they will have total control on censorship. This is a path of no return for the marketing people and will polarize openess on a public forum.Quite sad if you ask me as the quality of Kai products speak for them self.
I don't think it was the video that was the tilting point.KAI started to impose his damage controll methods((moderation) outside of the Kai sub-forum in the general discussion and enforce his company's sub-forum rules in an area of the forum not under KAI Moderation jurisdiction.This sparked off some long term paying members on this board to take it to the carpet.Kai decided to pull the plug and run for the hills.I think it could have and should have been handled on a more professional and positive way.This is of course all speculation on my behalf and I am entitled to my own personal opinion.

Peace,
salmonkiller
I don't know where you guys are getting that this sub-forum was moderated by one person. It was posted in the Chat Thread that there were was more than one person and it was stated in other threads as well.

What video is being referred to?

This. Is. Laughable!

Well since I can only edit this post and not make another(??)

I don't think it's doing KAI a service with this person as there mod. Your replys under there banner is cringe worthy.

I don't expect profesinalism from ordinary members, but from a major company such as KAI... geez man just stop already. The sub is getting shut down per your request yet you still come to play.

Why not make a new profile just for your self and come back.

Last edited:
I don't think it has entirely to do with the forum or the controversies here. Could be something entirely internal to Kai. I've been assured it wasn't the Elmax thing, which is a relief. So it's good to know what it's not. I have some experience moderating a contentious web forum and have seen a lot of "meltdowns." It's an art to do it right, because the odds are fairly good that a moderator can end up as the scapegoat. But I enjoyed this forum, learned a lot, and wasn't very daunted by the occasional bad feeling. We really, mostly, don't know one another very well.

Peace,
salmonkiller
Actually I'm not reading much respect, and this is getting personal again.

It appeared to me as a joke.

ETA: This was in response to post #18.

Last edited:
Back