Summer 2018 in France and Spain

Damn! How did I miss this post at the time you posted! I live in Bilbao, go often to the area of Potes for climbing/hiking, same goes to the Pirinees and... I have been to San Vicente de la Barquera for Spearfishing. To get there, BTW, you should have driven by Noja in Cantabria, my parents have an appartment there as well and we go often.

Just a word of advice. I saw you were cooking with a wood stove. Usually if you are within a natural park that is best avoided. Better carry some LPG gas, much cleaner to burn and will not get you in trouble.

Picos de Europa is waaaay too dry and hot for my during summer months. I usually go there when there is still snow (Winter and Spring). For summer I preffer to to go the Pirinees, there is water running everywhere.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip to this area.

Mikel

Damn! How did I miss this post at the time you posted! I live in Bilbao, go often to the area of Potes for climbing/hiking, same goes to the Pirinees and... I have been to San Vicente de la Barquera for Spearfishing. To get there, BTW, you should have driven by Noja in Cantabria, my parents have an appartment there as well and we go often.

Just a word of advice. I saw you were cooking with a wood stove. Usually if you are within a natural park that is best avoided. Better carry some LPG gas, much cleaner to burn and will not get you in trouble.

Picos de Europa is waaaay too dry and hot for my during summer months. I usually go there when there is still snow (Winter and Spring). For summer I preffer to to go the Pirinees, there is water running everywhere.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip to this area.

Mikel

Thanks for your reply Mikel, you gave me some good travel tips when I visited the Pyrenees a couple of years ago. I love travelling through Spain, the beautiful mountains and laid back people. Beside wood I use gas and alcohol stoves for cooking too. Have a hard time making choices :)

Back