Summer Kayak pics

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Been taking Lily out in the new Kayak. Independance Day weekend Lily said she wanted to go down the river by the house. (Chatahoochee) So I picked up this Native Ultimate tandem 14.5. We did a river trip and a lake trip, while camping, and I also took it out on a fishing reservoir. I love it in the river. In the fishing lake I decided I needed a trolling motor to get around, and decided to finish rigging the Gheenoe for that.

IMG_20170704_153059-vi.jpg

IMG_20170704_154158-vi.jpg

IMG_20170704_153122-vi.jpg

This is Lily on the River.

IMG_20170705_150221-vi.jpg

IMG_20170705_155447-vi.jpg

IMG_20170705_155450-vi.jpg

My 4 Runner with the boat on top.

IMG_20170709_121145-vi.jpg

This was at Hollis Q Latham reservoir.

IMG_20170716_092823-vi.jpg

IMG_20170716_092830-vi.jpg

IMG_20170716_085553-vi.jpg

im having flashbacks of the speed wobbles on my Vision Mark Gonzalez Signature model now....check out my left elbow tomorrow:eek::eek:

Nice pics Andy, new phone!

Shit. They scare me nowadays.

So, our house apparently sits on one of the only hills in Florida. :rolleyes: A couple years ago I decided to that it was time for me to re-live my youth, so I grabbed my daughters rip-stick out of the garage and headed down our steep driveway towards the street. Hit- the gutter, went flying like Superman and crushed my elbow. Sticking to the longboard now.
We'll have to compare scars Phillip.

Last edited:
Nice pics Andy, new phone!

So, our house apparently sits on one of the only hills in Florida. :rolleyes: A couple years ago I decided to that it was time for me to re-live my youth, so I grabbed my daughters rip-stick out of the garage and headed down our steep driveway towards the street. Hit- the gutter, went flying like Superman and crushed my elbow. Sticking to the longboard now.
Well have to compare scars Phillip.
im sticking to Nissan

I am not gonna start listing skateboard injuries and related surgeries...and i was never good at it...i did just get a mid-life crisis longboard 2 days ago..I better reserve an ambulance for this weekend...

Back to topic...thanks for the pics Andy. Reminds me to get out on a lake again and enjoy some kayak fun. Cant wait for the kid to be old enough to do this together.

Man That looks like a great time! Good choice on the kayak too! I wanted a Native Ultimate so bad when I was shopping for my kayak, ended up with a Native Manta Ray 12.5 because I got a deal I couldn't pass up, but I still want an Ultimate.

I'm in the market for a fishing kayak. I'd like to get 1 before the season starts next year. Right now I'm saving some money and doing some research. Any suggestions on brands and models?
My favorite so far is the Wilderness Systems Radar. I really like that you can add a pedal drive or power motor easily later if you decide to go that route.

Looked at a satellite of Latham, gonna have to haul the Coosa up there and do some flyfishing in the timber. What are the hours-open particulars and is there a check-in required?
That Native looks like a real "machine".

I'm in the market for a fishing kayak. I'd like to get 1 before the season starts next year. Right now I'm saving some money and doing some research. Any suggestions on brands and models?
My favorite so far is the Wilderness Systems Radar. I really like that you can add a pedal drive or power motor easily later if you decide to go that route.
What kind of water do you plan on fishing the most? I love my Jackson cuda 12. It's a good compromise for the different types of fishing I do. It's maneuverable enough for rivers and smaller lakes, and paddles and tracks decent on open water. I was torn between the native slayer and the cuda, but went with the cuda because of more storage and all the rigging that came with the boat.

All that said, you really can't go wrong with anything from Jackson, wilderness systems, or native. Quality is top notch and they all have awesome seats. I haven't paddled either one, but the Radar or ATAK are at the top of my list if I ever trade boats.

Small and large lakes. Not many rivers. Maybe a larger saltwater bay but that will be rare. My buddy has a Coosa HD that I will be able to demo pretty soon. Jackson makes a quality product for sure.

If you ever want to hit a great place for kayak fishing in saltwater, check out St. Joseph Bay. I'm always too focused on fishing to take many pictures but you get the idea
gjSkPyi.jpg
007Ou0r.jpg
mFrJ4r6.jpg

Specks and reds. The fishing was a little off this year and the wind was brutal, didn't even see a red, but still managed to catch some good sized specks. Already planning a trip for next spring. You should load the boat up and join Andy. Gorgeous water, awesome fishing, hour long rants about baitcasters and lots of beer

Last edited:
I got my fishing Kayak and just starting to round up some gear and accessories. I'm really looking forward to the nice weather and hitting the water. I'm also hoping my son gets the itch and tags along.

Back