Super Endura

AntDog

Gold Member
After carrying my Endura a while, I’ve become reacquainted with the size. I had a few years ago, but just started carrying one again recently.

I find myself wishing the blade was just a bit longer... I know most people think they’re huge already, but I wish Spyderco would make the same design with maybe 1/2” to 1” longer blade.

I was cutting a large onion the other day and thought “if only the blade was a tooch longer, it would make it through this in one swipe”.

They could call it the “Perpetua” or something. Anybody on board?

AntDog,let's leave the Endura as it is,if you are not happy with the size buy a Tatanka.but NO larger Endura,plenty of choice in the Spyderco knives,just my thought.

Reactions: vba
The Perpetua is the name of another knife.
Get a Cold Steel XL Voyager clip point. Great slicer.

Maybe a Native Chief? New to the Spyderco game, so dont know if they come in FRN?

For over ten years I've carried either a Delica or Endura, depending on the size blade I anticipated needing. I received a new Police 4 Lightweight a bit over a week ago and have been carrying it daily to develop a feel for it. It carries like an Endura and slices like a Delica. It is as close to a super Endura as you will find. I'm not a choil fan, but find the choil on the Police 4 LW a joy on the big blade. If you like the Endura and want something bigger, you will love the Police 4 FRN Lightweight. My one criticism is the poor placement of the smooth area of the scales for pocket clip contact. In the tip up position, the pocket clip is barely on the flat and will drag on the bi-directional FRN texturing and is rough going in and out of the pocket.

The Endura has always been a staple of my user knives. Perfect fit for my hand and perfect blade length! I want to pick up a Police 4 LW, since it's very similar to the Endura, except it's got that extra bit of blade length that you're looking for!

Like others said, Police 4 is closest to it.

I don’t have one, my super Endura is actually CS Broken Skull. I keep them both as they are similar yet different.

The Endura has always been a staple of my user knives. Perfect fit for my hand and perfect blade length! I want to pick up a Police 4 LW, since it's very similar to the Endura, except it's got that extra bit of blade length that you're looking for!

I always thought the blade on the police was saber ground with a swedge. When I took a look at the police LW and saw it’s flat ground, that looks like it’s right up my alley. Thanks Jonny!

It still doesn’t look like a longer Endura to me, but it might be close enough. :thumbsup:

I always thought the blade on the police was saber ground with a swedge. When I took a look at the police LW and saw it’s flat ground, that looks like it’s right up my alley. Thanks Jonny!

It still doesn’t look like a longer Endura to me, but it might be close enough. :thumbsup:

I've owned multiples of both and it's probably the closest to an Endura, ergo-wise. Blade shapes are very similar as well! The saber ground Police models have been phased out long ago, most of the ones you find today, P3 and P4, are full flat grind.

With that being said, I love all my Enduras!
Kj2U7qc.jpg

W6OteFR.jpg

For over ten years I've carried either a Delica or Endura, depending on the size blade I anticipated needing. I received a new Police 4 Lightweight a bit over a week ago and have been carrying it daily to develop a feel for it. It carries like an Endura and slices like a Delica. It is as close to a super Endura as you will find. I'm not a choil fan, but find the choil on the Police 4 LW a joy on the big blade. If you like the Endura and want something bigger, you will love the Police 4 FRN Lightweight. My one criticism is the poor placement of the smooth area of the scales for pocket clip contact. In the tip up position, the pocket clip is barely on the flat and will drag on the bi-directional FRN texturing and is rough going in and out of the pocket.
This pretty much mirrors my feelings on the P4 LWT exactly. Great knife. I had to change the clip to tip-down carry for it not to chew my pockets when taking it out.

Jim

Back