Super polished edges

Heard that! I’m not sure who was unhappier after my Shiro purchase..my wallet or the wife..lol.

At least the prices are finally starting to drop some on the secondary market. Used to be you couldn't hardly get into one for less than $900. If they start going for $500 or less, I'll start thinking about them again. Might be quite a while, lol.

At least the prices are finally starting to drop some on the secondary market. Used to be you couldn't hardly get into one for less than $900. If they start going for $500 or less, I'll start thinking about them again. Might be quite a while, lol.
I bought my Neon Ultra Lite through a vendor whom I can’t speak of on this site for various reasons but it was only $550. Though the Ultra Lite is nothing too special I guess you could say it was a nice intro into the brand. I may sell it to recoup my funds and throw another 200 at Russians to get something on the secondary market like you said. If the prices ever get that low

Last edited:
Knives will drive me to drink.

M45Y6TY.jpg

A slightly different view of the Manix XL.

Note: this started as a non-coated version; I then found a good deal on a DLC coated with a trashed handle. I swapped the blade out, and then checked and found the Putman scales. I finally have the orange-handled DLC Manix XL I've wanted for quite a while.

2MYwpMP.jpg

Nice, any other pictures of this knife? Want to get these scales for my black Manix 2 XL.

Quicky job. Sharp as a razor but bevel width noticeably uneven. OCD? Worth redoing? Live with it as is?
It's an edc user so...
rubicon mirror.jpg

Last edited:
Quicky job. Sharp as a razor but bevel width noticeably uneven. OCD? Worth redoing? Live with it as is?
It's an edc user so...
View attachment 872675
I vote to keep it man, especially if it’s a user. After finishing most of my knives it almost hurts me to cut through tape then shortly after realize I have to go the rest of the day with goop on my “beautiful edge” lol. I can see why some people carry 2 knives but I think that’s a bit ridiculous and I just bite the bullet every time. They are meant to be used to I don’t fret too much!

I vote to keep it man, especially if it’s a user. After finishing most of my knives it almost hurts me to cut through tape then shortly after realize I have to go the rest of the day with goop on my “beautiful edge” lol. I can see why some people carry 2 knives but I think that’s a bit ridiculous and I just bite the bullet every time. They are meant to be used to I don’t fret too much!
That's funny. I was at a local gun shop a few days ago and one of the guys behind the counter (had to be in his 60's or 70's) whips out a knife to cut a box open. I noticed it was a tanto but I couldn't tell what brand or model, so I walked over and mentioned to him I'm into folding knives, mostly flippers...and then asked him what knife it was. He said it was just a cheap Kershaw (Blur), for cutting open ammo boxes. Then he says, "But this is my nice one!" And reaches into a different pocket and whips out & flips open a pristine ZT0920. It was actually the first one I've gotten to handle as I don't have a 920 (yet). Nice knife, by the way. I checked it out a bit and then whipped out the Kizer Toro I happened to be carrying that day...and then the 20 minute, "knife nut" discussion ensued. Ended up getting a good deal on ammo that day. Sometimes it's good to be a knife nut. :cool:

Last edited:
Back