Super polished edges

zxpoH9j.jpg

First new edge in a while...

View attachment 1001259

awesome work dude, always love checking out your work! Thanks for keeping this thread alive =) what grit are you taking your edges down to these days?

Same as you... been swamped but these are the first few mirrored edges I've done in a while, thank God, they took forever lol.

i-98wgGGV-X2.jpg
i-HtxbTg7-X3.jpg
i-SnjJVPM-X2.jpg

Thanks, Josh. I go to an 8K Shapton these days, then back to & through the Edge Pro 2, 3 & 6K tapes burnishing the hell out of the secondary with each of the tapes (on Edge Pro glass blanks). This seems to give me my best results. Then, only sometimes as it's really not necessary, a strop or two down to a final .25 micron diamond paste, suede side strop with an ultra-light touch. After the tapes I'm really good to go most times. --- Your work looks amazing, as always...sheer perfection. And the way you master the transition of the tanto, uniformly awesome. I'm (of course) liking the black background and jewel tones (and B&W text) of the NERDS box to make the pics/edges really pop. Killer stuff, sir. And yes, we must keep this thread alive. It's a small testament to the time & effort put in to achieve these awesome edges. Hoping even more guys will continue to chime in and post some recent work! -- This thread devoted to "A HIGHER LEVEL BEVEL"™ © EdgeNuts, Inc. :) Maybe the world needs an Edge-Nuts podcast? Hell, I'd listen!

Last edited:
Pro tip: Don't take your knives to a gun show for sharpening. They will remove too much material.

I got myself a Wicked Edge and did this after learning my lesson.

LU0EiuY.jpg
5udcX2w.jpg
great tip! too bad you had to learn through experience, but don't we all? lol. Looks great! You may need to grind in a small sharpening choil to prevent the recurve action from getting worse over time.

great tip! too bad you had to learn through experience, but don't we all? lol. Looks great! You may need to grind in a small sharpening choil to prevent the recurve action from getting worse over time.
uf2uPoo.jpg

I took your advice and added a sharpening choil to a knife. I think that once I get some more practice, I’ll do it to all of my Spydercos.

uf2uPoo.jpg

I took your advice and added a sharpening choil to a knife. I think that once I get some more practice, I’ll do it to all of my Spydercos.
I like how you did that... not deep enough to snag on anything. Nice job :thumbsup:

Back