Surface grinder is it possible?????????????

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a surface grinder from a 2x72 grinder
I have a grizzley I may try it on
I have my grinder on a peace of wood with adjustable legs on it I was think about putting the grinder up with space under it.I have a vice that is like a little milling top.
I was thinking about put the blade in the vice with some flat head bolt in the hole were my handles is going to be put,and turn the grind on and make passes back and fourth
What do you think????

Buy a cross slide table for about $125 and a fine pole magnetic chuck for about $200. Bolt the Grizzly down with the wheel about an 1/2" above the surface of the magnetic chuck. Buy some steel shim stock in various thicknesses, all the way down to .001. Then it would just be a matter of shimming the steel till it was the right heigth in relation to the belt. Aint as good as the real deal but if you make it stout enough I bet it'd work.

------------------
Take care!! Michael
jesus.jpg

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

Back