Survival Knife: Saw or no Saw?

I don’t understand everyone’s love for a Silky Saw. I know that they are good but, they just don’t do it for me.
If you know how , under the proper conditions , they cut like nothing else short of a chainsaw . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They only work in pulling and light pressure . Let the saw do the work . Can't work in a binding cut .

The reason I like my silky is because it weighs basically nothing and folds, so I can throw it in a backpack. An axe works well too.
I went a slightly different route with my Sven Saw. It is lightweight and the blade is completely protected when the saw is folded up.

I have no desire for a poorly functioning saw blade on my knife. Silky folding saws live in the truck and my primary pack.

They work damn well.

If you are going with a Gerber Gator, go ahead and add the saw back. The blade is worthless. Adding the worthless saw can’t make the tool any more worthless.

Well, I’ve got this lady here.

M3hk7vG.jpg

I don’t really mind the saw, but I really dig the blade shape. The Tracker design is just awesome.

M3hk7vG.jpg

I don’t really mind the saw, but I really dig the blade shape. The Tracker design is just awesome.
Looks cool and all but man, literally nothing I like about that knife. The Trakker balde with its dicontinued edge line, parts for "axe" parts of it for "fine cutting". No guard to keep me from getting cut when stabbing as my index slips to the sharpest part of the blade, and this one in particular seems to have the worst finger grove ever made. Pointy Skull crusher/glass breaker... flat one makes a lot more sense and when designed well crushes skulls and glass just as well.
Anyway, glad youre happy with it.

The small Opinel saw is like carrying a large knife. The blade is completely covered when it’s closed. It locks open and closed. Weighs nothing and cuts like a laser. I keep one in my car, and one in my a/c service bag. For trimming around condensers.

Used mostly for those 6 inch spikes the landscapers leave (from pruning with shears) that are always stabbing me in the back.

Just got off the phone with Aitor. Got the answer I was looking for, both.

Glad you got the answer you wanted. It will be interesting to see how they sell.

You were pretty harsh on D DangerZone98 but I can’t say I disagree with your points. But if he loves it and others do. I’m happy for them.

Glad you got the answer you wanted. It will be interesting to see how they sell.

You were pretty harsh on D DangerZone98 but I can’t say I disagree with your points. But if he loves it and others do. I’m happy for them.
Wouldn’t call it harsh and no harm done. Different strokes, different folks. Peace to both of ya.

I agree it’s not the most practical blade shape lol. I just happen to like the unusual design.

M3hk7vG.jpg

Looks cool and all but man, literally nothing I like about that knife. The Trakker balde with its dicontinued edge line, parts for "axe" parts of it for "fine cutting". No guard to keep me from getting cut when stabbing as my index slips to the sharpest part of the blade, and this one in particular seems to have the worst finger grove ever made. Pointy Skull crusher/glass breaker... flat one makes a lot more sense and when designed well crushes skulls and glass just as well.
Anyway, glad youre happy with it.

Wouldn’t call it harsh and no harm done. Different strokes, different folks. Peace to both of ya.

I agree it’s not the most practical blade shape lol. I just happen to like the unusual design.

LOL! This is two typical responses with the ol' Tracker design. I think it's awesome, whereas my son thinks it's completely stupid.

I believe I will get him one for Xmas this year. If he ends up liking it, I've made a convert. If he hates it, well... got me a new Tracker!

Just got off the phone with Aitor. Got the answer I was looking for, both.

Then why ask us at all? It seems you have enough expertise in the subject so that Aitor wants to work with you.

The majority here say "No saw," but a saw is what you and Aitor want. Great.

Best of luck with your joint venture.

No saw, and, honestly, no Aitor for me, so I'll pass.

M3hk7vG.jpg

LOL! This is two typical responses with the ol' Tracker design. I think it's awesome, whereas my son thinks it's completely stupid.

I believe I will get him one for Xmas this year. If he ends up liking it, I've made a convert. If he hates it, well... got me a new Tracker!

The funny thing about the tracker is that it is likely everything but what it pretends to be. What turns most of us off is the odd interrupted grinds, and it is also what catches our attention. Basically, the thing is a failure as a knife. What it is is a wood working tool, a light hatchet that can notch and do fine shaving. It is anything but the fighting knife portrayed in the film.

n2s

The funny thing about the tracker is that it is likely everything but what it pretends to be. What turns most of us off is the odd interrupted grinds, and it is also what catches our attention. Basically, the thing is a failure as a knife. What it is is a wood working tool, a light hatchet that can notch and do fine shaving. It is anything but the fighting knife portrayed in the film.

I guess I must have missed the film of which you speak. I just like it for the weird factor, right up there with the Woodsman Pal.

Back