Survival knife ?

received notification that protos are en route, (least I think that's what's in there). Will be filling you in with pictures and stuff within the next couple of weeks. Have some wood to split, pallets to break down, some throwing, some gardening, some trailwork- all sorts of this n that to do around here, should get a good sense of where this tool's at within the next month or two

Ooooooooo I'm pumped to see what you think. Glad to hear you are back on your feet. I'm anxiously awaiting another FK to replace my user, garden and yard work has begun in earnest and I am without my planned do-it-all tool!

6 weeks off riding and hiking sucked. Really looking forward to getting back out there, and I'm especially excited about putting this knife to the test.

the most gratifying part of designing these things is having the opportunity to improve. As a designer of objects whose primary goal is to perform as a tool, I don't think I can really improve the quality of my work without some kind of physical interaction with it. The preferred physical interaction is, of course, using it for what it was designed to do. This is why I don't often design weapons. I approach that genre personally as 'fantasy' or 'art knife', because anything else is kind of phony coming from me, and amounts to mental masturbation basically

working with CPK is really the ultimate experience, from that perspective. They take my patterns and designs and create the very best possible physical model of them, and that's improved my designing by leaps and bounds. The value of that alone is almost incalculable, and I really don't think I'd be anywhere close to where I am, or may end up, without this wonderful working relationship that I have with Nate and Jo

I'll probably start a new thread once the knife gets run through the gauntlet, and we decide on a name for it.

I look forward to a sideview of the knife, to see how the profile of it has been changed!

I look forward to a sideview of the knife, to see how the profile of it has been changed!

apart from a slightly deeper pinky hook, a little more angular heek kick and a tiny bit straighter spine, it's almost exactly as drawn, from what I can tell so far, (proto doesn't have the exposed pommel, but that might change when they go into production)...

Snag the BMF Light Chopper for me!!

Looks like I already missed the unboxing while I was making my last post. I'm trying to get there before he starts destruction testing it or pulls the slabs off and starts wrapping the tang with jute or something. Luckily the faster I drive, the quieter the fam gets, being considerate so I can concentrate on the road I guess. Don't quite have this mph to kmh conversion down yet.

throws pretty good

I think in comparing the previous iteration to this one, that more angular heel kick is the best or at least the most noticeable improvement, but think the pommel treatment seen earlier would be a good thing, too.

Back