Survival Lilly knife

Why would any sane person go into the wilderness naked, unless forced to do so? That show is purely for entertainment. Not saying the folks on there don't have to survive under difficult circumstances, just saying the whole concept is ludicrous.

Its not an unrealistic scenario. How many people sleep naked? Lets say you are woken up by a tornado. You flee, your house flies away, you're now naked with nothing. Or how many people have had to drop everything and run when the fires in California suddenly changed direction and headed right at them? Some of those homes are a bit secluded.

:DProving once again that the genes of real Vikings have been completely lost. I have a wonderful AUS8 hunting knife .It's excellent in every way. BUT , it's an early one made with real AUS8 not the later Chinese copy .
She mentions a knife that fits her needs but is too expensive !! So she'll take a substitute ! :rolleyes: Well miss the best is never cheap. Watch the video for laughs , don't take it seriously
She's Austrian and the knife is from Taiwan. This tell us what about Viking genes?:confused:

Thought she was Swedish. My AUS8 is a Cold Steel . excellent in every way .The comments about the knife were all good , until they changed the steel .Very obvious if you go back through the posts. My assumption about being Chinese made was natural as I am very aware of the Chinese quality in many industries. !!
I was brought up in a Norwegian family and neighborhood and knew many of the who had the real Viking genes . Like those who spent a winter in a lifeboat during the war in the North Atlantic. Or the 6 man team that destroyed the heavy water production of the NAZIs , lead by a 22 year old !

Thought she was Swedish. My AUS8 is a Cold Steel . excellent in every way .The comments about the knife were all good , until they changed the steel .Very obvious if you go back through the posts. My assumption about being Chinese made was natural as I am very aware of the Chinese quality in many industries. !!
I was brought up in a Norwegian family and neighborhood and knew many of the who had the real Viking genes . Like those who spent a winter in a lifeboat during the war in the North Atlantic. Or the 6 man team that destroyed the heavy water production of the NAZIs , lead by a 22 year old !
What are “Viking genes” and in what way do they give those with it an advantage?

Couple of new improved versions are now available. G10 scales and all stainless hardware.

Last edited:
I have bought the knife not tested it extensively yet.
In reply to earlier posts describing it as a sharpened pry bar, it is thinner than other such knives such as Esse 5 or BK2. It is no thicker than many other knives in its category.
The handle is beautifully comfortable, the knife is.nicely balanced and fit and finish excellent
I like the choice of steel. Aus 8 is reasonably tough and easy to sharpen which suits me. It also keeps the cost down.
It arrived sharp, but could stand a little thinning behind the edge The sheath is good quality but a little too tight.
I will evaluate the knife on its own merits, in the category it is, and irrespective of the designer. I know little about her other than the fact that she was helpful and communicative to deal with.
Overall I like the knife and am glad I bought it.
I'll report back when I have tested it more thoroughly .

Last edited:
Put these in the other thread, but will toss them in here.

Overall, so far, it seems like a decent knife, price is a tad steep for AUS8, but not sure how much of that is the VAT taxes they have to pay on stuff there.

TLOoXtY.jpg

u5H5l76.jpg

lDNvheO.jpg

R627fcU.jpg

Jm7kRJC.jpg

I have bought the knife not tested it extensively yet.
In reply to earlier posts describing it as a sharpened pry bar, it is thinner than other such knives such as Esse 5 or BK2. It is no thicker than many other knives in its category.
The handle is beautifully comfortable, the knife is.nicely balanced and fit and finish excellent
I like the choice of steel. Aus 8 is reasonably tough and easy to sharpen which suits me. It also keeps the cost down.
It arrived sharp, but could stand a little thinning behind the edge The sheath is good quality but a little too tight.
I will evaluate the knife on its own merits, in the category it is, and irrespective of the designer. I know little about her other than the fact that she was helpful and communicative to deal with.
Overall I like the knife and am glad I bought it.
I'll report back when I have tested it more thoroughly .

Hmm ... you seem like a fair and open-minded person ... I would feel exactly the same way. I always like to give a big thumbs-up to folks who can monetize (fairly and honourably) their online interests. Check-out "Long Island Watches" for a similar (but American) success-story. Ethical hustle ... it works for me ... :)

Dutch bushcraft knives gave it a pretty scathing review. Lily commented in the video and was pretty pissed. It’s hilarious
I love it! Do you mean The Survival Princess was pissed?
I have zero respect for people who have to trash others to gain notoriety.

I guess everyone can have a series of personalized/labeled knives made in Taiwan. Just google WTG https://www.worktuffgear.com/custom.
The APO-1 knife has at the very least gotten Lilly a lot of clicks. From the viewpoint that it does not matter what they say about you, as long as they talk about you, it must have been a great success. Good for her if she manages to make some money from it, it is not a too dishonest way to hustle. Look at all the screaming, dancing, jumping Youtube/Instagram 'influencers' out there who do nothing else but promoting stuff for money. Clearly she's not the greatest outdoor/survival expert, but then neither are hundreds of Youtube wannabees out there who dress up in camo and try to beat trees into submission with their tactical survival knives...
I don't have the APO-1, as I think it's too much money for a knife that is obviously far from perfect. Just calling it an 'apocalypse' knife puts me off. Anyway, my Terävä Puukko 140 and Skrama are good enough (edit: I'd say better!). ;-)

Last edited:
Back