SURVIVE! Beverages

Do you have a favorite drink you like to enjoy while sharpening or maintaining your GSO's? Is there something you like to take out and enjoy in the wilds? Have you ever prepared a drink using a SURVIVE! knife?

This is my favorite beverage in the history of beverages. Tea is my #1 beverage and this is my #1 tea.

One of these gets me started each morning, keeps me alert at work and helps me keep up with my family at home. The other is a brand of coffee that Riz got me hooked on.

Grogimus, I took your advice on the Evan Williams and I'm glad I did! Great quality and good price.

two fingers of Glenlivet 12-yr with a little water works for me. Great idea for a thread.

Never made the connection!! I love tea myself as well, mostly sweetened ice tea made with Ceylon and sweetened with honey. It's the southern kid in me. I recently got into coffee and mostly like the darkest of dark roast blends, but don't have a favorite yet, pretty found of the Shenandoah Joe "Daves blend" I have been taking it easy on the sauce lately but my favorite beer would be hopslam by bells and various single malt scotches (highland park/balvenie etc)

Buffalo Trace is good, might have been you that already recommended that one somewhere else Silver. I tried some Monkey Shoulder the other day, and it was nice for a change-up. I'm pretty fond of Pendleton, though.

Doesn't anyone drink Absinthe anymore?! This beverage (if you can call it that) will repel predators and blood suckers large and small, be it a bear, a cougar, a mosquito, a tick, one's own wife or the the unrequited desires of one's neighbor's 300 lbs. spouse ;)

Buffalo Trace is good, might have been you that already recommended that one somewhere else Silver. I tried some Monkey Shoulder the other day, and it was nice for a change-up. I'm pretty fond of Pendleton, though.

Man I thought Buffalo Trace was terrible. I bought some J. Henry this last weekend to sip. That stuff is smooth.

Man I thought Buffalo Trace was terrible. I bought some J. Henry this last weekend to sip. That stuff is smooth.

Taste is definitely subjective. I liked it, but I also like rye whisky, so some of the sharper stuff is okay with me (BT didn't really seem sharp to me tho). Man I went to a spot in Hood River that brews their own. They had a sampler you could get that had about a half shot of each stage. Whoa, buddy, that fresh stuff will knock that back of your head off. The antithesis of smooth.

I am a coffee addict , I said it , that's the first step . Been drinking world market espresso . I know it looks pretty yuppie , but when my wife said we need a cappuccino machine I though she was crazy . Money well spent , as we all know money is well spent on our Survive knives !! But seriously coffee comes out better tasting and with more kick than out of the drip maker . Never have to waste my money at those fancy coffee joints
44tZB9v.jpg

Taste is definitely subjective. I liked it, but I also like rye whisky, so some of the sharper stuff is okay with me (BT didn't really seem sharp to me tho). Man I went to a spot in Hood River that brews their own. They had a sampler you could get that had about a half shot of each stage. Whoa, buddy, that fresh stuff will knock that back of your head off. The antithesis of smooth.

Have you tried Red Stag (black cherry) by Jim Beam. Love that stuff.

No I'll have to check that one out. Jim Beam makes a rye I like though. A buddy slipped a flask of fireball into the RMEF dinner last time we went, that stuff was a bit hot for me, ha.

Yes! It was me! Good memory. BT is definitely in my top 5 bourbons.

Blasphemy!!!!! ;)
I had some Jack Daniels honey and I really liked it. That was the only flavored whiskey I ever had. I really Makers Mark as well, it's just so different than other bourbons because of all the wheat used to make it.

I am a coffee addict , I said it , that's the first step . Been drinking world market espresso . I know it looks pretty yuppie , but when my wife said we need a cappuccino machine I though she was crazy . Money well spent , as we all know money is well spent on our Survive knives !! But seriously coffee comes out better tasting and with more kick than out of the drip maker . Never have to waste my money at those fancy coffee joints
44tZB9v.jpg
Nice set up! Bonus points for posting a pic and extra points beyond that for including a GSO!

I use a super cheap drip machine at home, but do enjoy a pour over from a coffee shop every now and then.

Silver I like those red scales ,linen ? will have to try makers mark .

Thanks! I love them, too. They are linen.

I recommend Makers Mark! It seems to be priced on the higher side lately in my area, so for the price I opted to go with the single barrel stuff I showed pics of.

Silver! 8 o'clock is pretty good coffee isnt it?

In the winter I like to drink Jaegermeister.

When it snows, I make a snow ball, stuff it into a glass, saturate it with jaegermeister amd the fill the glass with coke. It tastes like a coke slurpee!

Last edited:
Riz, great coffee! Thanks for the tip a few months back :thumbup:

Great drink idea! Simple and awesome.

When it snows, I make a snow ball, stuff it into a glass, saturate it with jaegermeister amd the fill the glass with coke. It tastes like a coke slurpee!

Dang that looks pretty good bud. A couple of years back, my wife and a buddy of mine were razzing each other about who could kill the biggest buck that fall. She ended up winning a bottle of Jaeger off him before it was over :D

I got to try Johnny Walker Blue one time. It's a good thing that stuff is expensive, it could be a problem, lol.

Buffalo Trace is my go-to. I started keeping the caps/corks just for grins. Man, I've drunk a butt load of that stuff. Over years, but still!

Doesn't anyone drink Absinthe anymore?! This beverage (if you can call it that) will repel predators and blood suckers large and small, be it a bear, a cougar, a mosquito, a tick, one's own wife or the the unrequited desires of one's neighbor's 300 lbs. spouse ;)

I've tried it. It tastes good, but for me was bad for hangovers. Same with Makers Mark, and Eagle Rare that I see above. Only takes a little bit, and bad headache next day.

Like Silver said, blasphemy! ;)

Have you tried Red Stag (black cherry) by Jim Beam. Love that stuff.

I tried that. Loved it when I started the bottle. Hated it by the time I finished.

No I'll have to check that one out. Jim Beam makes a rye I like though. A buddy slipped a flask of fireball into the RMEF dinner last time we went, that stuff was a bit hot for me, ha.

I like rye, too. May be why I like BT. I will have to try the Beam rye. The rye that Crown Royal makes is very good. But a little on the expensive side when I can get BT for less. When I can get it. I also like Jim Beam Extra Aged.

Silver! 8 o'clock is pretty good coffee isnt it?

I hope I can remember to try that next winter! Looks tasty!!

As for Bud Lite, it is a surprisingly good beer that I drink occasionally. As well as Coors (and Light), Yeungling, Saranac. Favorite beer of all time is Alaskan Amber from Alaska Brewing Co. Only available in the northwest. So I don't get it much.

My my wife bought me a bottle of rum casked 21 y.o. Glenfiddich for my 50th birthday. I joke that my wife got me a 21 year old for my b-day. Anyhoo, that is some AMAZING stuff!!

Buffalo Trace is my go-to. I started keeping the caps/corks just for grins. Man, I've drunk a butt load of that stuff. Over years, but still!

I've tried it. It tastes good, but for me was bad for hangovers. Same with Makers Mark, and Eagle Rare that I see above. Only takes a little bit, and bad headache next day.

My my wife bought me a bottle of rum casked 21 y.o. Glenfiddich for my 50th birthday. I joke that my wife got me a 21 year old for my b-day. Anyhoo, that is some AMAZING stuff!!
Nice idea with the cork collection!

Funny about hangovers. It sounds like my favorite brands have adverse affects you. Bourbon only ever makes me feel good, but a modest amount of tequila really makes me pay the morning after.

Awesome birthday present from the wife!

I like rye, too. May be why I like BT. I will have to try the Beam rye. The rye that Crown Royal makes is very good. But a little on the expensive side when I can get BT for less. When I can get it. I also like Jim Beam Extra Aged.

Favorite beer of all time is Alaskan Amber from Alaska Brewing Co. Only available in the northwest. So I don't get it much.

I didn't know Crown did a rye. I do like regular CR so I will have to try that, thanks :thumbup: I keep seeing the Glenfiddich on the shelves......someday.....

Back