SURVIVE! Bushcraft Knife (GSO-4.5?)

Hey Everyone. It has been a bit since I've posted much of anything. I promise you though, we've been pretty busy around here. The new equipment has arrived and is all up and running. Pretty exciting times!

Anyway, I wanted to drop a teaser of an upcoming model, the SURVIVE! Bushcraft Knife.

It will have a blade thickness of .115" and a pretty thin cutting edge, with efficient carving and woodcraft tasks in mind. The tip also has less drop than other SURVIVE! knives and is more acute for tackling fine carving work. The handle is very long for a knife of this size and conservatively contoured for greater comfort during extended whittling/carving sessions. The handle profile is pretty rounded through the body, tapering to a thinner profile toward the guard for an effective pinch grip. We'll be using CPM-3V for this blade for great edge holding and exceptional durability in this thinner knife.

2015-07-30 17.13.39.jpg 2015-07-30 17.06.43.jpg 2015-07-30 17.16.58.jpg

looks great Guy! Glad to see this posted here as well!:thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks again for taking the time to keep us all up to date with the inside information! :)

This looks like an awesome design. How do you sleep at night? Does your brain ever shut off?? :D

Interesting knife! I bet it would also be an excellent skinning/hunting knife. Does it have a hollow ground blade?

Nice!! I love that thin blade.

I might as well link my credit card to the Survive! account. All these new knives are going to bankrupt me!

Interesting knife! I bet it would also be an excellent skinning/hunting knife. Does it have a hollow ground blade?

I also felt the design would lend itself to being a good hunting knife. I can't wait for hunting season to roll around. The low saber style grind is flat ground but the edge will be very thin and acute, which combined with the thinner blade will make it sail through almost any material. This certainly isn't one of my log baton splitting designs but I believe it will excel at many other tasks. The extremely light weight of a thinner design like this should make it a no brainer for bringing along on a hunt.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep us all up to date with the inside information! :)

This looks like an awesome design. How do you sleep at night? Does your brain ever shut off?? :D

We should also have the new GSO-6 design buttoned up tomorrow or so for those of you who don't prefer a finger choil. When it comes to designing things and thinking about how things work, no my brain doesn't really ever turn off. I don't know how Ellie puts up with me sometimes. lol

Almost :30 minutes after reading about this knife and I cannot get it out of my mind. This is going to be a brilliant addition to your product offering, Guy. I cannot wait to get my hands on one!

We should also have the new GSO-6 design buttoned up tomorrow or so for those of you who don't prefer a finger choil. When it comes to designing things and thinking about how things work, no my brain doesn't really ever turn off. I don't know how Ellie puts up with me sometimes. lol

Yeah! Looking forward to seeing the new 6!!!

Brilliance never sleeps! :thumbup:

Back