• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Millit seems to be pretty enthusiastic about Survive,and making their knives.
I don't really know Millit, but I've only heard good things, seems like a strange cooperation given SKs reputation.
Millit doesn't even show up at blade shows. Their booth are empty and no word as to why.

I'm not particularly Insta-savvy, but I don't see an explanation at a quick glance...

From May 1 2018 still posted.
I believe this year it was posted on their story.

#Repost @millitknives (@get_repost)

・・・

Well 2018 has proven to be one of the biggest years in history here at Millit Knives. From the successful launch of the Massdrop Perpetua, to the upcoming @joe.caswell Morphing Karambit. We have made a decision, although Blade Show is always a great time, we have decided to not attend this year.

We are just, too busy!! We decided instead of killing machine time and the schedule to build knives to bring to Blade Show, we would rather spend that time at the shop hammering away at our current customer build lists, which includes Torrents! We will miss you all, and hope you have a great time! We will still have our booth so we will be there in spirit, and look forward to seeing you all next year #millitknives #millitmade #americanmade #usamade #bladeshow2018

All I want to say It’s not my place. But I will stand up for factual comments. Hope can you understand.

Last edited:
Probably a pretty smart move, who wants to man a booth where you are going to get to deal with a stream of irate customers created by your new business compatriots?

Yet 3 years has passed and they have not even started models they took orders on. Example would be the GSO 5.1 orders they took. They have not cranked anything out in numbers. 5.1, 6, 7/7, 8, 10, 12, SK models, ect..... have not been completed. 4 years on the 7/7 and they are not done. Working on getting knives out but they are taking orders still on concept blades and knives they don't even have steel on. If they were busy and couldn't attend the Bladeshow just who took their signs to the show? Why were the workers there shrugging their shoulders as to where they were as their space was held for them with their signs there. Their story of not going to work on knives is a lie too because why would they reserve a space at the bladeshow 2018 if they were not going? Why would they print signs up if they were not going? They didn't show up and gave a fake story after they got called out. I am not going to call a man out because he is a good man and knows how to run a business and even his wife told me that Survive is not legit. They tried to go big and did not succeed. If you want a clue everyone here says his knives are better than Survive. I don't care that they purchased 2 Haas mills as they still only have the 3 employees working there and they are still working at the snail pace they were before. Just how many times have they told us that they got new this or new plan or something to give a person hope that they are going to send their blade soon. They can't even work a 5 day work week. What fanboy told us that the New SK line was going to streamline the process and that the GSO would go out faster and that they would have stock on hand and that knives would go out in 8 months? Their emails and updates have even stated such and change with the questioning of their process. Stalling is all they do. Watch a video on what a Ponzi Scam is and substitute a variation and the word Survive into the mix. When will people accept that all the promises they utter are LIES and not a single they have said has come true in the past 3 years. I am sick of people telling us that in the early part of the company they got their blades in a week or 8 months " I got mine in 8 months in 2015 an then it went years" because they are not getting orders out now in less than many years. They told me my knife would be sent out in 3 weeks the 3 months and people say why didn't you ask for a refund when they didn't send it well who would cancel after years when they claim they need a fraction of time? I cancelled because 3 years after they said they would send it they are still not sending orders from that month. So what happened to those blades that were ready and inspected in 2016? They had 2nd sales every month for a whole year. They sold them and lied to us and are doing it again. Has anyone stop to ask why the new SK line cost so much if there is less work in them? They are going to be the GSO orders that were not cancelled after 5 years. Now they may send a few out but 90% of them are going to get cancelled and they are going to rake the secondary gain from those loans all the way to the bank.

They are running a Ponzi Scam, clearly. But a Ponzi Scam requires willing victims. There are different groups of SK! customers with different tolerance levels- Mine was 2 years before i was 100% convinced it was a ponzi and called in over a grand in Refunds. But SK had fanboys that didn't care how long it took.. 3,5 years - they didn't care. So there is obviously a remaining group of those that just don't care and now sustaining the Ponzi.

But notice when survive! lost all their 2-3 year customers (like me) last year, was when they shut down ALL their social media feedback!
I believe they did that to to bring in fresh UNINFORMED customers to replenish the ones they lost. They have used EVERY Ponzi Trick in the book and even created some new ones.

Also consider the dysfunctional mental Grip SK! has on the fanboys and "in denial" customers with the really long lead-times. Those customers wrote that money off long ago but the Wait itself is an ongoing investment and they get zero return on that wait if they cash out. In for a penny in for a pound time-wise.. and if it takes 10 years, they will still be waiting. It's a sick and twisted relationship of manipulation of leading people on who feel they have more to loose then to gain by refunding after waiting so long. Those of you that have already gotten refunds but put it off way longer then you know you should have know exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited:
So I went to Blade Show in the Atlanta 2019. I did not see Millet or Survive there and neither did others. I guess they lied again but get this some people that know them hinted at them not being totally truthful. They make their own bed so I have no remorse about getting a refund. They understand the human mind and clearly have used deceptive practices to further their scam. Even if people cancel after 2 or 3 years they get the money to earn a living for them even after they refund the $ to customers. Think about it they have taken orders on so many models and now they can't even finish 2 models in 4 years and they have many outstanding orders with more coming. If they got 5 million dollars from all the orders and it took 2 years before people bail out and they earned 10% interest on their investment that money is yielding them a 6 figure salary every year and they can go live the good life while trickling out their product to keep interest up and the law off their backs. They ran off the people that complained and had fanboys do so too so they could keep orders coming in and hold their money for years. I would love the police to audit their books to see just how many completed orders were done after 9/ 2015. Your right about the feeling that time was invested and if you pull out you feel like you lost out. Nobody needs to feel this way because the whole scam is by design. You were not going to get your blade in any time sooner than 5 years. They are celebrating on their newsletter that they just started the Preorders for the 7/7 when they said back in September of 2016 they were inspected and should ship out in a few weeks then it went to a few months then it was soon just hang on. I too saw the purge off social media and the blocking of complaints and the banning of members on their page. No legit business operates like that.

I think many of us saw their preorder as an interest free loan very early on. Normal businesses get an actual loan from a bank or get actual investors with plenty of legal parameters. Survive did neither. Rather they lied and took advantage of their customers. Then, it became clear to anyone not blind that their business model was even worse than the above. A quasi ponzi scheme of sorts.

From May 1 2018 still posted.
I believe this year it was posted on their story.

#Repost @millitknives (@get_repost)

・・・

Well 2018 has proven to be one of the biggest years in history here at Millit Knives. From the successful launch of the Massdrop Perpetua, to the upcoming @joe.caswell Morphing Karambit. We have made a decision, although Blade Show is always a great time, we have decided to not attend this year.

We are just, too busy!! We decided instead of killing machine time and the schedule to build knives to bring to Blade Show, we would rather spend that time at the shop hammering away at our current customer build lists, which includes Torrents! We will miss you all, and hope you have a great time! We will still have our booth so we will be there in spirit, and look forward to seeing you all next year #millitknives #millitmade #americanmade #usamade #bladeshow2018

Yet they didn't show up at the Bladeshow 2019 either. Hard to go to work on something that you haven't ordered steel for after 3 years.

Wow. I’m glad I came across this post. You guys saved me a lot of time and anger and a little bit of money. Forum is paying off already.
Chances of getting a knife from them is a long shot at best. You may get one if their grandchildren go into the business and finish you order and they will say see we told you we would mail it.

If Survive folds up their business who wanna wager they blame the people from investing into their company and all the people who asked questions? I can see the orders have slowed down too much and people complaints have broken a hard working families heart. We are an LLC so we are not responsible for refunding your lost investments. News Nugget that is why they changed the term to investing in their company so they can say you invested and lost your investment just like the stock market. Just my opinion anyways.

Calling it investments invites legal trouble, you can't just sell a product, then say its an investment in your corporation. Investments are different and fall under a whole new federal regulation.

Yet they didn't show up at the Bladeshow 2019 either. Hard to go to work on something that you haven't ordered steel for after 3 years.
Would you rather them be at blade show, or at the shop working on production. Do you even have proof they don’t have that steel. I’m willing to bet your making assumptions on the steel. You guys are major drama queens that keep beating a dead horse. Survive isn’t going to close their doors. That’s just wishful thinking and honestly sad. I hope they keep upping production and get caught up so everyone gets their knives. You guys aren’t really accomplishing anything here.

Back