• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Would you rather them be at blade show, or at the shop working on production. Do you even have proof they don’t have that steel. I’m willing to bet your making assumptions on the steel. You guys are major drama queens that keep beating a dead horse. Survive isn’t going to close their doors. That’s just wishful thinking and honestly sad. I hope they keep upping production and get caught up so everyone gets their knives. You guys aren’t really accomplishing anything here.

Always nice when the apologists stop by...

Would you rather them be at blade show, or at the shop working on production. Do you even have proof they don’t have that steel. I’m willing to bet your making assumptions on the steel. You guys are major drama queens that keep beating a dead horse. Survive isn’t going to close their doors. That’s just wishful thinking and honestly sad. I hope they keep upping production and get caught up so everyone gets their knives. You guys aren’t really accomplishing anything here.
If they're still scamming 'customers' (and your presence here is pretty much hard evidence that they are) then the horse is far from dead. Whether it was their original intention or not, at this point they're nothing more than scam artists that produce the occasional knife and threads like this help cement that in the mind of the community.

If they're still scamming 'customers' (and your presence here is pretty much hard evidence that they are) then the horse is far from dead. Whether it was their original intention or not, at this point they're nothing more than scam artists that produce the occasional knife and threads like this help cement that in the mind of the community.
You don’t even know me. How can you say my presence here has anything to do with what they do or don’t do. Smh. Don’t call me a damn scam artist.

I understand you guys are all set in stone with your minds made up. I will bow out. Good luck with the hate thread.
Wish you all the best Truly.

Se
I'm not calling you a scam artist. I'm entirely certain you are, instead, a victim of the scam and one that's completely unwilling to admit they've been had.
see there you go you don’t know me man. I’ve never bought a survive knife. I have no stake in them. Thank you for proving my point. False claims!!!!!!!

See what I've set in bold? That is what most everyone (and I'd wager most or all in this thread) wanted from the beginning. When you (Surivive) continuously make promises and fail, then makes the same excuses over and over and over and over and nothing ever changes you end up getting threads like this.

Threads like this do accomplish something. It let's people know that while these folks can make a good knife, and I'm sure they want to satisfy all their customers, they have fallen very very flat on latter and that there are other arguably better places to spend your money.
YMMV

Last edited:
Wow, this is a total trip. It's been probably a year + since I've been on the blade forums and it's wild to see these Survive! issues. I used to really want one and there are members who had these knives that swore by them. They seemed to offer good variety at an affordable price but always be out. It's wild to see the support and hype turn into actual failure. Survive! got a lot of grace from this community.

As far as their production, I am admittedly not a business man. But it seems like they have a simple shape and most of the work is done on CNC. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to ramp up on a product everyone wants if you know what your doing. Esee has no problems churning out knives and they can be gotten near anywhere. Just wild to see where this company came out several years later.

Wow, this is a total trip. It's been probably a year + since I've been on the blade forums and it's wild to see these Survive! issues. I used to really want one and there are members who had these knives that swore by them. They seemed to offer good variety at an affordable price but always be out. It's wild to see the support and hype turn into actual failure. Survive! got a lot of grace from this community.

As far as their production, I am admittedly not a business man. But it seems like they have a simple shape and most of the work is done on CNC. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to ramp up on a product everyone wants if you know what your doing. Esee has no problems churning out knives and they can be gotten near anywhere. Just wild to see where this company came out several years later.

You represent the reason why these threads are NOT useless. As long as Survive maintains their shill scheme and taking new preorders, this type of forum serves a purpose. And yes, they still are shilling. SK recently announced a new cad design they will soon be taking preorders for ,an F1 folder model, that doesn't exist. It's crystal clear that local and state justice departments are utterly impotent to stop these kinds of Ponzi's ... so it is incumbent on the community to warn others.

Dear lord, i'm really glad i got to read this post (and so many others here) ss part of my resrearch.. i was ready to plce my peorder after jusert sein the videos of how cool the knives were, and when tried to place a preorder i was having issues and typed "GSO perorder" in the serarch box to see if i found how to do it propperly...

well intead i got all the information i needed to learn the cruel truth.. i'm not going to get one..
good news is.. i will save my money for some other knifes i want, with some endor that actually releases a few a week but they ship immediatelly after you pay...
i like that better. see my knife arrive mere days after the maker got his payment.. this is the way this shoul be all the time.

i have a waitlist myself on kangaroo strops for razors.. i've never taken a penny before i finish the strop.. "what if the guy changes his mind?" well like I said.. i have a waitlist.. the guys waiting will be happier to know they are getting their strops sooner cause some jerk is not willing to honor his worrd and paying for a strop that he ordered... I?m happier too, cause after i take the money i will most likely spend it in knives or razors.. and then if something happens to me and i cannto finish the strops, my name will be dirsty... and honestly i value my reputation more than a few bucks...

well intead i got all the information i needed to learn the cruel truth.. i'm not going to get one..
good news is.. i will save my money for some other knifes i want, with some endor that actually releases a few a week but they ship immediatelly after you pay...
i like that better. see my knife arrive mere days after the maker got his payment.. this is the way this shoul be all the time.
..... if this and other such threads prevent one person (such as yourself) getting taken in by these people then they have served their purpose. Put some extra dollars aside and get a Corothers or Busse as either will serve you better (because you will have it sometime in the next year) than the vaporware products Survive? (S?K) are trying to flog.

Kangaroo you say..... :D

..... if this and other such threads prevent one person (such as yourself) getting taken in by these people then they have served their purpose. Put some extra dollars aside and get a Corothers or Busse as either will serve you better (because you will have it sometime in the next year) than the vaporware products Survive? (S?K) are trying to flog.

Kangaroo you say..... :D

hahaha you must have a crystal ball hahahaha when i said:
i will save my money for some other knifes i want, with some vendor that actually releases a few a week but they ship immediatelly after you pay...
I was exactly talking about CPK.. i rcently purchased my frist knife from them, an FK2, and i must say i couldn't be most pleased with the product quality, the shipped speed, and the super warm customer service... they really are top notch.. since then i've been saving some funds for my HDFK! I'm almost there, had a delay (had a critical situation of helth with my Dog and had to invest my savings and more into her health) but i'm almost ready for twhen a batch of those treasures pop up :)

Take some of that money and get a new keyboard.Sorry I know that's cruel but sometimes I cant resist..
HAHAHAHAH not cruel at all i deseve it.. i know i write with too many typos but i'm too lazy to go back and read and correct them, in fact if you think about it.. the cruelty is actually that i dont cre if you can read or understand what i'm saying and i'm making you put more time on trying to understand instead of using my valuable time in fixing themessage :)
but oh well, seems like you understood so we are all happy ;)

I get in too much of a hurry sometimes, and I look at it after I posted and think WTF?? lol so then I either leave it go back and get redo it. I have to laugh at it sometimes.

Back