• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Would you rather them be at blade show, or at the shop working on production. Do you even have proof they don’t have that steel. I’m willing to bet your making assumptions on the steel. You guys are major drama queens that keep beating a dead horse. Survive isn’t going to close their doors. That’s just wishful thinking and honestly sad. I hope they keep upping production and get caught up so everyone gets their knives. You guys aren’t really accomplishing anything here.
The proof they don't have steel yet is they sent me an email telling me they don't. It is also public knowledge since they announced several times they haven't ordered it yet. Review the history on FB and other social media and they tell you these facts. I don't want them to close their doors but to do half of what they say they are going to do. They haven't done a single thing they said they were going to do. We changed our model things will get better.. no. We are introducing the SK line and things will go faster... no. We have moved location things will go faster. no. We are telling the truth about what they do. If people keep putting in orders and the wait time is getting longer not sooner how is that helping anyone? Do you want people to send in money and get lied to to fund this scam? Tell me this then why in 2016 did they say they were sending the 7/7 out by years end and now in 2019 they haven't even got the preorders out? If you want proof go read the statements on FB about not having the 20CV steel for the 5.1 knife yet or ask them yourself. They took orders on the GSO 5.1 in May of 2016 have they even started yet? Would you order a steel that rust like 3V and hold it for years before you start production? Try reading the production update they put out each month if you wish to fact check me. This is one reason they stop with the updates on the net because it never comes true and people call them out on it. You keep hoping they get their act together but anyone that have followed them for years know that nothing they say or do is the truth. You can't be wrong 100% of the time and convince me that Survive runs a legit knife business. The reason I said something about blade is someone posted a reply they were going to be there and since they were not that too is a lie isn't it. BTW they don't work Friday, Sat, or Sun and that is a fact too so going to Blade would have done nothing for production. Your post said see you next year btw. at the bottom so the point is they said they would be there and were not. Read the monthly updates going back to Jan 2016 and see if anything they said comes true. Look at the 5.1 they will start as soon as steel arrives so have they started yet?
Future Production:
  • The GSO-4.5 Bushcraft knife will be closing next. Keep an eye on the Production Schedule page to know an exact date.
  • The GSO-8 is trying to catch up but is still just behind the GSO-10.
  • Due to overwhelming popularity, GSO-5.1 production will start as soon as extra sheets of steel arrive.
  • Necker and Necker IIs are waiting on steel before being added to the schedule.

Last edited:
Calling it investments invites legal trouble, you can't just sell a product, then say its an investment in your corporation. Investments are different and fall under a whole new federal regulation.
Oh I am sure lots of laws are violated with their wordings. They do it but the FTC doesn't wish to look into it. I know the BBB is not happy with them.

They also change their updates with the amount of complaints made. The latest update now like I said before is "Should" The 7/7 "Should be sent out in the next few weeks. That is what I heard 3 years ago. 3 Weeks turned into 3 years then they always go back to no ship date promise even if they make a statement ex post facto. Anyone that thinks that they are going faster and making more knives well it is a pun on words. If you take a month or several months off then make a few at the start of a new month they say production is up by x percent. You can't make 2 models in 3 years and then you take orders for new models. They only do it to get more money to come in. Nobody is going to get the folder in 5 years time if not longer unless they outsource it all. They right now don't do anything but assemble and the final touch ups and this is years. Send money now and after a few years you cancel x the 1000s that follow you and then they don't have to make a few hundred blades and had a interest free loan that earns money on top of it. The craftiness of these crooks is unreal. Upgrade the model too and then wait years more due to new improvement ideas. Stall and stall x Con and Con x^10 = Corruption and sprinkle that fake fanboys that get free blades or fake accounts by the same pro survive con-man to get the people to send money in .

Se

see there you go you don’t know me man. I’ve never bought a survive knife. I have no stake in them. Thank you for proving my point. False claims!!!!!!!
So if you don't buy them but know the inner workings tell me what I knew already. Either you get free blades or your a part of the organization. I proved your claim about them not getting steel and wham the update next month changes. I often do this to see who is actually talking to the team. Yes we have tricks too. Nobody with no invested interest spends time over and over trying to convince the people that did put an order in that they are not getting scammed. The same goes for the youtube guys. I saw a post that said don't post negative things about Survive on my page. They get knives but never order them. They inform people to kick them off the Survive Fan Page even if they ask a question such as it has been 3 years do you know anything on delivery date. They stop giving updates on FB at all since it always is used to inform them of their lies. You know more than most about them but then you go out of your way to keep funds going to them. For what reason if you are not a person making them or getting them for free to keep facts off social media. I urge anyone with an order to submit a complaint to the BBB and get them the F rating they deserve.

Wow, this is a total trip. It's been probably a year + since I've been on the blade forums and it's wild to see these Survive! issues. I used to really want one and there are members who had these knives that swore by them. They seemed to offer good variety at an affordable price but always be out. It's wild to see the support and hype turn into actual failure. Survive! got a lot of grace from this community.

As far as their production, I am admittedly not a business man. But it seems like they have a simple shape and most of the work is done on CNC. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to ramp up on a product everyone wants if you know what your doing. Esee has no problems churning out knives and they can be gotten near anywhere. Just wild to see where this company came out several years later.
I have 3 of them and I would never use it to promote their business. I don't care if they are a functioning tools either. They lie and cheat the minds of people who put their faith in them to line their pockets. Take the other fanboy that posted they stayed away from Blade 2018 to make knives but will be there in 2019. When I said they didn't show in 2019 he forgot that it was him that said they would be there next year. It went right back to the defense that they do no wrong. He searches for ways to make them look good and then proves they are liars. They are trying to scrub the net of their scam to keep the money rolling in. If you put a preorder in which they said they were moving away from also remember the SK line was suppose to cure their backlog issues but are not even made you will not see it for 5 years min and that would take a whole lot of canceled orders for them to do it. The SK line they did are really going to be the GSO with less work done and they don't care if you cancel your GSO order after 3 or more years because they made enough money from the interest free loan people gave them. They don't ramp up productions because they don't care. They have money coming in and they work 4 days a week and that may only be one or two weeks a month. They take whole months off too to go on vacation with nobody producing anything. They come back and say we have a x% of increase this month because they did nothing. They have moved 3 times in the last 3 years. It is the same people and same equipment and few people ever post I got my knife but they will blame the people for that too.

With the amount of money these idiots have taken up front and then not delivered products prepayed for i am shocked they have not been charged with multiple counts of fraud and theft and sued into the stone age by the customers they have ripped off. Maybe its time for a class action suite to shut them down.

The issue comes into play about them changing to an LLC. That is when this madness of little products going out and large sums of money coming in. They got it down to a crooked science. I have heard of people wanting to sue them but no takers yet. I would urge everyone to call the AG in Idaho. This is the thing they fear. The FTC can get a complaint too. It got one man his blade but not me. They simply just had to send me the blade they said was finished instead of selling it on a monthly batch. They clearly stated that the 7/7 were inspected and completed in 2016 and after monthly sales in 2017 here we are going on to 2020 and they are not done with one model. I placed an order in Jan 16 but cancelled after 2 1/2 years wait. People are going on past the 4 year mark and they are told lies to keep them from getting a refund. They will give you your money and drag it out if you ask for it. They got at least 10 years of orders out there at the pace they are going. It is going to fold when the $ stops flowing in. They don't care because you won't get a refund because the money has moved around and who hires a lawyer to get their 200 or 300 back? They work into play it all and if they file bankruptcy you won't get any back. They need some Delta 3V handcuffs. This is why they keep adding new models and changing things because fan club keeps giving them money. They word things like we got it together. Check out the 7/7 update we should get things out..... should in their eyes means they wont. They told me they should 3 years on another order of mine and they have not even cut the steel yet. It is a series of lies and deceptions in their jargon. Just my 2 cents from what I have seen in the past.

Wow someday they are going to do this scam to the wrong person that has nothing to loss and they will be in a world of hurt and it will not be pretty.

The issue comes into play about them changing to an LLC. That is when this madness of little products going out and large sums of money coming in. They got it down to a crooked science. I have heard of people wanting to sue them but no takers yet. I would urge everyone to call the AG in Idaho. This is the thing they fear. The FTC can get a complaint too. It got one man his blade but not me. They simply just had to send me the blade they said was finished instead of selling it on a monthly batch. They clearly stated that the 7/7 were inspected and completed in 2016 and after monthly sales in 2017 here we are going on to 2020 and they are not done with one model. I placed an order in Jan 16 but cancelled after 2 1/2 years wait. People are going on past the 4 year mark and they are told lies to keep them from getting a refund. They will give you your money and drag it out if you ask for it. They got at least 10 years of orders out there at the pace they are going. It is going to fold when the $ stops flowing in. They don't care because you won't get a refund because the money has moved around and who hires a lawyer to get their 200 or 300 back? They work into play it all and if they file bankruptcy you won't get any back. They need some Delta 3V handcuffs. This is why they keep adding new models and changing things because fan club keeps giving them money. They word things like we got it together. Check out the 7/7 update we should get things out..... should in their eyes means they wont. They told me they should 3 years on another order of mine and they have not even cut the steel yet. It is a series of lies and deceptions in their jargon. Just my 2 cents from what I have seen in the past.

^^^^^ I really enjoyed reading your well thought out post's, Sagemode! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

About 4 or 5 years ago, somebody from the Survive! group posted a "Bad" thread, calling out them out (you could probably find it in the archives). Man, the Survive! fanboy's came into the GBU like a bunch of banshee chickens...squawking their typical "fanboy" rhetoric they were known for spewing, attacking anyone & everyone who commented anything negative.....anyway, RevDevil finally put these clowns in their place....& shut the thread down.

Only problem was, Survive! continued to scam people for several more years to come, & their narcissist fanboys, were partly to blame. It's funny actually, you still see a few of these idiots, still posting.....I can't....but you probably can.

I can proudly/intelligently state: I have not invested $1 into Survive! Ponzi scheme.

^^^^^ I really enjoyed reading your well thought out post's, Sagemode! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

About 4 or 5 years ago, somebody from the Survive! group posted a "Bad" thread, calling out them out (you could probably find it in the archives). Man, the Survive! fanboy's came into the GBU like a bunch of banshee chickens...squawking their typical "fanboy" rhetoric they were known for spewing, attacking anyone & everyone who commented anything negative.....anyway, RevDevil finally put these clowns in their place....& shut the thread down.

Only problem was, Survive! continued to scam people for several more years to come, & their narcissist fanboys, were partly to blame. It's funny actually, you still see a few of these idiots, still posting.....I can't....but you probably can.

I can proudly/intelligently state: I have not invested $1 into Survive! Ponzi scheme.

They have been on a large scale information destruction plan and they bar people from seeing their dishonest posts from the past

One reason they get away with it is because the all information sites scrub the warnings from people This page is one of the few left. They keep introducing new models and don't worry they will offer another chance to order soon.[/QUOTE]
Youtube & Facebook information is not viewable anymore. They have a group of about 200 in a private group on FB and don't allow many to join. If you ask one question then you are ousted. They search the web and even if you abide by their rules they will kick you out to keep you in the dark.
What honest company operates like that. They routinely state 3 years is not long and now 4 years is not long and it goes on and on. They outsource their production so the real reason things are ground to a halt is them. The $100 for the sheath that is not refundable were not even ordered for the people and they blame the company. If you were them would you want to do business with them? I call them on their bluff once and said send the knife and I will get my own sheath and even eat the lose of not getting it and nope they can't produce the blade.

I pre-ordered a GSO 12. After about 20 months of waiting I contacted Survive and told them I wanted a refund. They claimed up and down that the 12 was going to start production next and tried to talk me out of the refund. I was tired of waiting and still asked for the refund. To their credit I did receive a full refund within two weeks. I do see that the GSO 12’s are still in production two years later so their next in production was a load of BS. I cannot believe that they are still in business!

I've followed and owned knives from this company since 2015. I never got into the pre-order scheme because i saw this shit coming. Around that time Daniel Koster (Koster Knives) did the same same scheme so I was skeptical. In retrospect, Guy must have gotten some tips from Daniel Koster on how to scam people. Anyway, although i did not participate in the pre-order orgy, I may be lucky since I've always gotten a Survive knife (brand new, factory price). When i search retailers, and Survive sites availability. I recently ordered a GSO 4.1 from their site and i received it within 3 days.

I've followed and owned knives from this company since 2015. I never got into the pre-order scheme because i saw this shit coming. Around that time Daniel Koster (Koster Knives) did the same same scheme so I was skeptical. In retrospect, Guy must have gotten some tips from Daniel Koster on how to scam people. Anyway, although i did not participate in the pre-order orgy, I may be lucky since I've always gotten a Survive knife (brand new, factory price). When i search retailers, and Survive sites availability. I recently ordered a GSO 4.1 from their site and i received it within 3 days.

I guess I have to ask myself why you would bother buying their products?

I may not
I guess I have to ask myself why you would bother buying their products?
like their business practice, but they make high quality knives. Only sucka's fall on Pre-order (full-payment) BS. Even Nathan the Machinist is doing this now (never pay for a full-price).

Even Nathan the Machinist is doing this now (never pay for a full-price).
He does it begrudgingly, with full disclosure, and has not had a problem. Survive made ripping people off their business model. Vastly different situations.

As for owning a knife from a scummy maker or company? Doesn't matter the quality. Not worth it to me. I would keep a survive knife in my collection if it were free.

Back