• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

So they can't get the GSO out which is why the SK series were going to be made yet not a single one has shipped yet so now they are going to add another line of blades that "should ship" in 4 months time. Yea the SK series were suppose to ship withing 8 months and nearly 3 years later not a single one has. They also have add several new models to the line too. Oh and get this if you are tired of the GSO wait then sign up for the SK series which is the same thing but they are going to say when you transferred to it then you'll have to wait just a tad bit longer but not as long as for the GSO line. All models are in production but 3 years + for GSO 5.1 and others have not started. Yep keep sending them cash folks and someday when the sky is purple and the dragons from planet Guy comes by you'll get your blades.

Same BS as usual...

Survive! 11/1/2019 "Big Announcement with this 1st Friday Production Update"

Current Production:
  • The last few batches of GSO-7/7 blades are working their way through finishing. We expect the last of the Preorders to be shipping out over the next few weeks. We will list any extras after all Preorders have shipped.
  • GSO-3.5 Preorders are continuing to ship in small batches. These are going together well and will start heading out in large batches as the GSO-7/7 Preorders are wrapping up and the GSO-3.5 fasteners that are out for black oxide finishing make their way back to the shop.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 are working their way through surface grinding and will begin bevel grinding next week.
  • Heat treating for the GSO-6 / SK-6 and GSO-4.5 / SK-4.5 blades will be completed any day now. With our new, larger surface grinder, these will get through the last stages of production very quickly.
  • The GSO-10 / SK-10 blades have been perimeter machined and will be going to heat treat with the GSO-8 and GSO-5.1 blades once those are ready.
  • GSO-8 / SK-8 and GSO-5.1 / SK-5.1 blades have begun perimeter machining and will be heading off to heat treat soon.
  • Fixtures have been made for the TSK and EDC-2. These will begin machining as soon as the GSO-8 and GSO-5.1 are completed.
  • Fixtures are being made for the new E-2.7, E-4, and E-5.5. With their production schedule beginning to open up, Millit's machines will also be available for kicking off production of the E Series knives.
Future Production:
  • All of the GSO Series models that have existing Preorders are in production.
  • Original SURVIVE! Starter campaign orders will be 97% fulfilled in a few weeks, once the GSO-3.5 Preorders have all been shipped.
  • We have been investing in more equipment, which means we can start manufacturing several models at once and at a faster pace.
  • Millit is finishing up most of their existing projects, which is opening up even more machining and finishing capacity for SURVIVE! production.
This means that now is time for us to modify our business model, reapproach the SK Series and introduce the new SURVIVE! Essential Series.

As you know, there is a high demand for the GSO Series knives. This would be great, but several of the innovations over the last few years are making it harder to get ahead of that demand. Many of the GSO Series finishing steps are time consuming, one blade at a time processes. With this in mind we introduced the SK Series, but have struggled to get it up and running due to some problems with past production. Now that those older production issues are solidly in our rearview, we’re ramping up our manufacturing capacity, and reevaluating our business model. With all preorders now in production, we will be putting more emphasis on the SK Series and Essential Series as the foundation of our business, while continuing to offer the GSO Series in a much more limited and manageable fashion.

Learn more about each Series in the SURVIVE! line up below:
SURVIVE! Essential Series:
Designed from the ground up to be highly manufacturable, the Essential Series is our new high performance, no frills offering. By optimizing these designs for speedy machining and limiting the available options, we’re able to offer a high quality cutting tool at a tremendous value and without the long wait. Utilizing premium CPM-3V or CPM-S35VN blade steels, expertly hardened by Peters’ Heat Treating, these knives are just as hard working as their SK and GSO Series counterparts and carry the same lifetime warranty.

The first Essential Series production runs are currently available for a limited preorder. Getting involved means a discount for you but it will also allow us to ramp up production by making as many knives as possible on this first run, without detracting from the GSO Series production. These will be in your mailbox in 3-4 months, that's January to February. Yep, they are that much faster to manufacture!
Preorder Available Here
SURVIVE! SK Series:
Based on our popular GSO Series designs, the SK Series is becoming our premium production offering. This series features top notch materials, a precise fit and finish, and a wide assortment of handle and sheath options. By adopting more scalable finishing methods these knives will be more readily available and have shorter lead times compared to their GSO Series counterparts.

SURVIVE! GSO Series:
Following an uncompromising craft approach, these knives will continue to be individually finished, with meticulous attention to detail at every step. With a wide assortment of customizable options, microtextured handles, and available peened blade finish, these are the very best we have to offer.
How does this affect preorders?

By transitioning the bulk of our future production numbers to the SK Series and Essential Series, Guy will be able to focus solely on fulfilling GSO Preorders. We will have all GSO Series Preorders shipped by the end of 2020, though we are striving to have them fulfilled within the next 9 months.

Even though upgrades like the peened finish and microtextured handles were not available during the original preordering, we will still be finishing out all existing GSO Preorders as GSO Series knives. If you are more concerned about delivery timelines than individual attention to detail, we strongly encourage you to send us an email to have your GSO Preorder changed over to an SK Series equivalent.
What an absolute embarrassment.

If that 11/1 announcement was someone's first contact with Survive knives, with zero prior knowledge of all of their issues, it would look pretty good.

It reads like a small company trying their best to meet unexpected demand, puts every negative in a positive light ("my only flaw is that I care too much," basically), and makes them sound like good guys -- all while neatly avoiding putting any delays into context, never mind mentioning how many years some folks have waited or how many false promises litter the company's history.

I'm impressed and appalled by the level of PR craft this announcement displays. Impressed because it's really hard to gild a turd this massive, appalled because it seems likely to succeed at attracting new marks. :thumbsdown:

If that 11/1 announcement was someone's first contact with Survive knives, with zero prior knowledge of all of their issues, it would look pretty good.

It reads like a small company trying their best to meet unexpected demand, puts every negative in a positive light ("my only flaw is that I care too much," basically), and makes them sound like good guys -- all while neatly avoiding putting any delays into context, never mind mentioning how many years some folks have waited or how many false promises litter the company's history.

I'm impressed and appalled by the level of PR craft this announcement displays. Impressed because it's really hard to gild a turd this massive, appalled because it seems likely to succeed at attracting new marks. :thumbsdown:

That has been one of the biggest issues I have with the S!K BS and the fanboi cult that supports them. Many objective observers agree that the S!K would quickly go out of business without the continued cash provided by new customers. However, most potential customers would NEVER give S!K any money if they understood Guy and Ellie's history. S!K does everything possible to obfuscate their past while the fanbois cheer them on, thus perpetuating and growing what appears to be an unsustainable business model that will not end well.

I have to confess that I don't understand how Millit even got involved with them. However, I know that their stock has taken a huge hit in my eyes. If they're willing to get in bed with a scumbag like Guy, then who knows what else they're willing to do to make a buck. Therefore, I DO enjoy that they're essentially being thrown under the bus in this garbage "newsletter". After all, they're going to become yet another excuse for S?K to make when they don't deliver. "Well, see, unfortunately Millit is pretty backed up right now, so we're just waiting for...." It's going to be great.

The whole garbage newsletter is an absolute travesty, not to mention, it's absolutely identical to the "updates" they've been posting for years. They were saying these same things five years ago, then virtually annually up until their section got shut down. It isn't worth what it's printed on.

"Well, I mean, it's on the internet, sooo..."

Exactly. Now you're getting it.

I have to confess that I don't understand how Millit even got involved with them. However, I know that their stock has taken a huge hit in my eyes. If they're willing to get in bed with a scumbag like Guy, then who knows what else they're willing to do to make a buck. Therefore, I DO enjoy that they're essentially being thrown under the bus in this garbage "newsletter". After all, they're going to become yet another excuse for S?K to make when they don't deliver. "Well, see, unfortunately Millit is pretty backed up right now, so we're just waiting for...." It's going to be great.

The whole garbage newsletter is an absolute travesty, not to mention, it's absolutely identical to the "updates" they've been posting for years. They were saying these same things five years ago, then virtually annually up until their section got shut down. It isn't worth what it's printed on.

"Well, I mean, it's on the internet, sooo..."

Exactly. Now you're getting it.
It's a lesson about always being careful who you deal with. One of the few pieces of advice that's actually served me well is a two-parter 1. Everyone thinks they're a good judge of character. 2. NOBODY is a good judge of character. Folks that run scams, abuse and take advantage of people generally aren't who you think. Usually they come off as the nicest, most honest, salt of the Earth people imaginable, but Guy has shown us all who he really is with the way his business is run.

It's a lesson about always being careful who you deal with. One of the few pieces of advice that's actually served me well is a two-parter 1. Everyone thinks they're a good judge of character. 2. NOBODY is a good judge of character. Folks that run scams, abuse and take advantage of people generally aren't who you think. Usually they come off as the nicest, most honest, salt of the Earth people imaginable, but Guy has shown us all who he really is with the way his business is run.
Agreed.

The real problem becomes when other folks take up for scammers like survive. Even with the blatantly obvious information that survive is in fact a bad and scamming organization, people here defended them for years, enabling survive to scam more people.

Those enablers either turned coat once the shit hit the fan or left.

Fanaticism is a funny thing.

More S!K BS...

From their 11/5/2019 email "Updating Our Recent Update":

"The People Have Spoken....
And what you're telling us is that you really, REALLY don't want the budget oriented Essential Series. Thankfully, by unveiling these new models early and offering preproduction ordering we were able to gauge interest (or lack thereof) and discontinue the now defunct series before it even begins. Instead we'll reallocate these materials to projects that people are genuinely interested in. A huge thanks to everyone who called and emailed in support of the SK and GSO Series knives, the feedback is most appreciated! As a small manufacturer, your input helped us to avoid disaster.

So what now?!
Instead of launching the Essential Series, it is now our intention to more aggressively scale up production of the SK Series. Additionally, we will be making investments to optimize the GSO Series production. Without the Essential Series to help pave the way toward increasing production, we will be offering SK Series Preordering, as well as some limited GSO Series Preordering to assist with this growth. We have the steel and materials already in house, so there will be no delay in getting production started.

What's Available?
From the SK Series, preordering is now available for the tried and true SK-4.1 as well as the freshly revised SK-2.7. Production is starting immediately for these two models.

We are also offering GSO Series preordering for models currently in production. These are strictly limited to the number of orders that have been previously refunded and will be capped at the amount of slots originally allotted for those preorders.

Additional GSO models will be available for preordering once we are a bit further along with fulfilling existing orders.

See All Available Now
SK-4.1
SK-4.1
$234.00
View
GSO-12
GSO-12
$429.00
View
GSO-6
GSO-6
$279.00
View
How long will I be waiting?
As we stated in our previous newsletter, all of our older production issues are now solidly behind us and we're increasing capacity to better serve you. While one thing or another always comes up in manufacturing, we should no longer be facing any issues that will significantly delay production.

With all major manufacturing processes now under one roof, we feel very confident saying all current GSO preorder models will be delivered by the end of 2020, at the very latest. The models furthest along in production right now will begin arriving the soonest but we're going to make every effort to get all preorders delivered as quickly as possible. As batches return from heat treat we will begin posting estimated completion windows for each model."

Wow. No one was interested in loaning them more money for nonexistent product so they decide to focus on more preorders of their previous commitments they haven’t met yet and were all too eager to wash their hands of? Am I reading this correctly?

Last edited:
Wait...what?! "we will be offering SK Series Preordering, as well as some limited GSO Series Preordering to assist with this growth."

Ok, someone walk me through this. So, they've got a ton of people ALREADY (claps hands) EFFING (claps hands) WAITING (claps mothersmurfing hands) FOR KNIVES...for years, YEARS now....and yet, somehow taking MORE preorders will help with increasing production?!

WAT.

Wait...what?! "we will be offering SK Series Preordering, as well as some limited GSO Series Preordering to assist with this growth."

Ok, someone walk me through this. So, they've got a ton of people ALREADY (claps hands) EFFING (claps hands) WAITING (claps mothersmurfing hands) FOR KNIVES...for years, YEARS now....and yet, somehow taking MORE preorders will help with increasing production?!

WAT.
......since his appearance on GoT the Sharpening Dragon has been asking for more $s....gotta fleece that of the gullible somehow....they may have to reconsider the virgins though.....they could change this to "only been around a bit"....that or they need to start using Teen Gamers....rumor has it they don't get out enough to get laid...

Back