• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

We may have to come up with a new term for this extraordinarily vicious type of swindle.

That's easy. The Ponzi scheme was named after it's creator, Charles Ponzi. Name this scam in the knife world after the creator, Guy Seifert. Call it the Seifert Scam, or Seifert Scheme, or Seifert Lie, or ...........

So having been totally unable to fulfill any orders, they come up with the brilliant plan to launch a new line..get some emails about how that's a total and ridiculous use of time and money and quickly decide their previous idea was a total failure- but wait! They're gonna get right on those orders they've never fulfilled before and it's all gonna be okay! Are you serious?
On the flip side, I've decided to build a new house. I've promised my wife it'll be done by January and I've built the roof. No foundation, walls or floor, a total and complete roof just sitting on the ground. Tomorrow I'm starting on the electrical work. Gonna just run the wiring to outlets and things and lay it in a pile until I get the walls ready. I been using this guide book.

KDTCUul.jpg

At some point it will bite them in the a$$, no doubt about it. They do have invested in a good PR machine though, I think that's where the pre-order money goes... :-/

At some point it will bite them in the a$$, no doubt about it. They do have invested in a good PR machine though, I think that's where the pre-order money goes... :-/
Are you sure it will bite them? I've been seeing a post like yours for several years now and yet they continue down the same road they've been on with a bank account full of other people's money.
Occasionally, they'll deliver a few select knives to the right shills so they show up on the bay or in the wild so that the charade can continue.

Actually, I've said this before: I believe that the money goes directly into their pockets to live on. It explains everything, honestly. Everything.

Any money they get from the idiots who still somehow find it in their hearts to prepay for vaporware, that money goes to paying: their personal bills, vehicle notes, vacations, getting groceries, and paying their mortgage/rent. Whatever's left goes to pay the rent on their shop and to keep the lights on. Whatever last little bit is left from THAT, is spent on materials/orders with the actual knifemakers*. Think about it. It all makes sense. They get ten thousand orders in, the money filters through the steps I outline above, leaving maybe a few grand to place an order for new blanks. So, instead of being able to have the entire order of however many thousands made, they can only afford to order like, 300. But the problem is, now they're waiting...and dammit, that grocery bill's coming again, so they stave off bankruptcy by selling a bunch of "seconds" (of knives that LITERALLY HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN CREATED YET), so they can get that fresh infusion of cash in order to pay bills, buy food, make sure their cell-phones don't get shut off, etc.

Then those 300 knives show up, and that's when they shift into action, taking lots of "See how busy we are???" pics, to keep up the illusion that they're a healthy business instead of what they actually are, a company selling vaporware in order to keep the lights on at home for a maker who is paying himself over keeping his business stable and ongoing.

It's all going to catch up with them one day.

*Not S?K, because they don't make anything.

I do think that we sometimes forget that there is a rather large community outside of BF. We are familiar with Survive's shenanigans but with the control they exert over their social media accounts, the greater populace outside remains rather oblivious. I guess that does speak to their marketing efforts...

That feels like a pretty firm commitment on being 1/2 decade late.
They are lying again. It is about 2020 now and it took 4 years and they are not done with the 7/7. They have not started the SK line or the GSO 5.1, 6, 8, 10, 12, ect..... Now with all the cancelled ordered and nobody will tell how many but I garner it is a lot they will take orders again in hopes to give hope to the hopeless. Nobody was buying their new line Baloney about making things go faster. The SK was suppose to make things go faster too and wham they did not. I think the statement was new interest will be in the SK line and so demand for the GSO will go down and Guy can focus on them. Then it went to the will speed things up when they come out and that would be 8 months but 3 years later not a single one has been made. The fanboys tell you to not worry and attack or get you tossed off their private web page. It is a bunch of lies. The ones that never preorder yet sell the knives they get are low life for what they do to others. I hope you enjoy your invite to the F1 or other models you get for your part in a criminal organization.

Actually, I've said this before: I believe that the money goes directly into their pockets to live on. It explains everything, honestly. Everything.

Any money they get from the idiots who still somehow find it in their hearts to prepay for vaporware, that money goes to paying: their personal bills, vehicle notes, vacations, getting groceries, and paying their mortgage/rent. Whatever's left goes to pay the rent on their shop and to keep the lights on. Whatever last little bit is left from THAT, is spent on materials/orders with the actual knifemakers*. Think about it. It all makes sense. They get ten thousand orders in, the money filters through the steps I outline above, leaving maybe a few grand to place an order for new blanks. So, instead of being able to have the entire order of however many thousands made, they can only afford to order like, 300. But the problem is, now they're waiting...and dammit, that grocery bill's coming again, so they stave off bankruptcy by selling a bunch of "seconds" (of knives that LITERALLY HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN CREATED YET), so they can get that fresh infusion of cash in order to pay bills, buy food, make sure their cell-phones don't get shut off, etc.

Then those 300 knives show up, and that's when they shift into action, taking lots of "See how busy we are???" pics, to keep up the illusion that they're a healthy business instead of what they actually are, a company selling vaporware in order to keep the lights on at home for a maker who is paying himself over keeping his business stable and ongoing.

It's all going to catch up with them one day.

*Not S?K, because they don't make anything.
Yes and No. They have sold millions of dollars off knives and the interest is enough to live on now. They all dress better and take month long vacations and buy 100K + things. My guess is they can't make more than the amount they did in 2014 or early 2015. They would take in about 2 days worth of orders and in 8 months they would show up. What happen is they promised 10 x the amount and could only produce 1x so they sold it 3 times or more. The 2nds are 1st and then the monthly sales are the 1st too. The next round is the 3rd run but they could care less about the people so they open the orders for every model and created new ones. 10 models and 10,000 knives for each order then sell it 2 times or more and you only have to produce 1x of one knife and you start to be able to live on the interest. I know because the order # for mine was in the 7600 and they still took orders on them. that is 7600 times 300 that is over 2 million on one model knife. Heck if they did that for 10 models you are looking at 20 million dollars earning interest each year. Yes they bought a few things but they are a LLC now and when they go belly up the people will only be able to get them for stock on hand and selling of the tools. If they don't get charged soon they will be making a million a year in interest off their ill gotten gains if not already. They have had 3 years of a scam going on and that means in 4 years they will double their funds without lifting a finger. Heck under the economy now they have earned 30% on 20 million which is 6 million dollars. They are at the point they will never have to do anything ever again. I expect them to hide their money and run. Remember they said they don't keep payment information on hand. Most lies have an element of truth so my guess is at the end of 2020 they will call it quits. They just want to give people some hope to hold out just a little longer as that means millions in interests for them. To the fanboys I hope you get a full dose of Karma for the ill deeds you have done. To everyone else don't fall for their lies and demand a full refund. Don't go back into debt with these crooks. They don't care about you at all.

I am sorry but it was obvious from the get go they did not have have their crap together... or maybe they did as far as their buisness plan.

Sk knives are basic machined knives which many other makers have better offering, timeframes and pricing.

The same people hyping their product are the same people that drove the secondary market of CPK thru the roof. Not comparing companies. Comparing fan bois.

I love the CPK products it just sucks when a segment of the market hogs sales to resale.

How about instead of bitching on bladeforums go onto the BBB and file complaints so other people know what is going on.
There are only 5 complaints against them and they do the "everything is working as planned respone"

How about call out the youtubers who just mindless review products and ask them to take the videos down or make a follow up video addressing the issues.

I literally bought a chunk of 3v and started making knives probably 5 years ago after realizing they would not produce knives.

The few stores that carried their products were very open that Guys buisness practices were shady as F%$@.

They are lying again. It is about 2020 now and it took 4 years and they are not done with the 7/7. They have not started the SK line or the GSO 5.1, 6, 8, 10, 12, ect..... Now with all the cancelled ordered and nobody will tell how many but I garner it is a lot they will take orders again in hopes to give hope to the hopeless. Nobody was buying their new line Baloney about making things go faster. The SK was suppose to make things go faster too and wham they did not. I think the statement was new interest will be in the SK line and so demand for the GSO will go down and Guy can focus on them. Then it went to the will speed things up when they come out and that would be 8 months but 3 years later not a single one has been made. The fanboys tell you to not worry and attack or get you tossed off their private web page. It is a bunch of lies. The ones that never preorder yet sell the knives they get are low life for what they do to others. I hope you enjoy your invite to the F1 or other models you get for your part in a criminal organization.

My

That feels like a pretty firm commitment on being 1/2 decade late.

Was attempted sarcasm, definitely not a comment "for" these crooks.

I am sorry but it was obvious from the get go they did not have have their crap together... or maybe they did as far as their buisness plan.

Sk knives are basic machined knives which many other makers have better offering, timeframes and pricing.

The same people hyping their product are the same people that drove the secondary market of CPK thru the roof. Not comparing companies. Comparing fan bois.

I love the CPK products it just sucks when a segment of the market hogs sales to resale.

How about instead of bitching on bladeforums go onto the BBB and file complaints so other people know what is going on.
There are only 5 complaints against them and they do the "everything is working as planned respone"

How about call out the youtubers who just mindless review products and ask them to take the videos down or make a follow up video addressing the issues.

I literally bought a chunk of 3v and started making knives probably 5 years ago after realizing they would not produce knives.

The few stores that carried their products were very open that Guys buisness practices were shady as F%$@.
I talked to the in-crowd that knows about Survive and they all grimace about them. The guys at Blade told me they are not worth doing business with. Yes I agree more people need to go to the BBB but I don't have an order with them anymore. I don't have an issue with getting a CPK and can get them customized too. I just don't have the funds to put into a bunch of knives I don't need. I will get the FK2 and that is about it. I didn't need the chopper as my HDFK works just fine. SK did what they came to do build up a demand then take lots of orders and pocket the funds.

Sure they are hiding the money. Do you see 20 Million dollars worth of tools or machinery and they are not sending product out at a normal pace. People can take loans out to commit fraud too. Knives are not going out everyday and the staff of 3 don't care either.

I have asked about this in the CPK 'ask nathan a question' thread.

Never even acknowledged that I asked anything. Immediately answers questions about dogs, music, and cars tho.
I talked to them and they don't wish to get caught up in it and they admit Survive tried to go big and failed. I think the respect is for their friendship. I like the people at CPK so I don't wish to drag them into this. Anyone with knowledge knows that Survive is full of crap.

I know that when I'm way behind on my work, taking on even more work sure does speed things up on the work I'm behind on! :thumbsup::confused::rolleyes:
SMH.

Back