• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I noticed on their latest instagram post that there is a long thin blade that looks like a custom steak knife or maybe a bird and trout version from SK!
I know they posted the prototype of the GSO 12 which begs the question of how you can be 4 years behind on producing orders for customers who have paid 100% up front, and yet have time to work on new models?

Are they introducing yet ANOTHER model that no one can actually buy and receive?
Yep. On Instagram yesterday were 3 new models including the TSK which looks to be a bird and trout style knife. All of them were pre-orders (in spite of Ellie telling us multiple times they were done with any and all pre-orders). All of them have a disclaimer (and a box to check) that the knives are pre-orders and that they will all be delivered in 2020. So, they are down to an 11 month wait time on the ponzi scheme pre-order system.
Did those customers from 2015 ever get their knives?

Oh, I almost forgot. They're limiting THIS preorder to materials on hand for production so they will all deliver in 2020.

It's like a bad wreck on the freeway you can't look away from.

Just send them some money. You'll get one eventually.

I fell for that once before. I learned my lesson after waiting over 3 years then getting refunds. Almost 2 years later and I still wouldn’t have the knives I had on preorder. I think they’re in some stage of “production” on those models though so there’s that, lol.

I still have those kryptek ferro rod kydex holders you made on a 5.1 and 4.7. You still making those?

I just started following these guys on Instagram. I wasn't seeking to comment on anything but doesn't look like you can anyway...

What blows my mind is seeing the ridiculous amount of material (albeit unfinished) that they display in their posts. If there is only one guy (Guy) doing the finish work on EVERY knife, they have absolutely no business taking as many orders in as they do. He needs to spend WAY less time designing new stuff and more time fulfilling his obligations. Broken record at this point, I'm afraid - we are all preaching to the choir.

I don't think they possess the capacity to learn from their history. If suckers/fanboys keep giving them money, they can keep on doing what they are doing. Pretty sad.

I fell for that once before. I learned my lesson after waiting over 3 years then getting refunds. Almost 2 years later and I still wouldn’t have the knives I had on preorder. I think they’re in some stage of “production” on those models though so there’s that, lol.

I still have those kryptek ferro rod kydex holders you made on a 5.1 and 4.7. You still making those?
I responded but my post was moved (rightfully so) because you can't sell here. PM me and we can discuss.

It is like this they lie about it all and here is some facts. We don't take new orders but the fanboys will wait till they finish taking in new orders and then say see they are not taking in new orders. They have done it each year since they said they would not. They were going to make the essential line and have it in 4 months to the people but nobody was giving them the money after what they did with the new SK line. Remember over 2 years ago they would be done in 8 months and also they would reduce demand for the GSO line and that they would not offer the GSO like they have been so you better send in money now. I remember them saying that people need to order the GSO 8 and 5 years later they have not sent the first one out yet. The GSO 12 are not done along with the GSO 10 Now they claim they are selling the cancelled orders to the ;models they have not completed yet. Millet is not doing anything to help production go faster either. Here is another lie about the SK line remember they said another company they trust would make them and Guy would finish them up. They can't tell you who they contracted out because they never did get anyone to make them. They took my 1st and sold it as a second with the 7/7 as they had monthly sales on them after they said they were finished and completed in 2016. Each month in 2017 you could get a 2nd but nobody got a first model. Now if you get tired of waiting on your GSO then you can switch to the SK line and they can't give you a date for either one of them. If you give them money for the new lines and all of the models are done that can only mean one of two things. They refunded money for all of the GSO models they took orders on and don't have to make them after years of earning interest on the money or they plan on making the new models long before they start any other models. I for one think that is a D move to start a new line when others have been waiting 5 years on a blade. Keep in mind that 4 years have passed and they have not completed the GSO 7/7. They took orders on the GSO 5.1 over 3 years ago and have not even started that model. The whole production line page is a lie too and so is their updates, emails, phone calls, so what does that tell you about the company Survive? It is my opinion that they scrubbed the internet of all comments that told the truth. They say they don't do that but look at Guy's youtube page talking about his GSO knives there are no comments for the past 7 years and I know that is a lie because I've seen them and poof they were gone. The Facebook page is gone that use to give news about them and then there is the Fan Page. A page with multiple fanboys that get free blades to research the net and get you kicked off if you tell the truth about them. You don't have to say a thing bad about them even on that page for them to target you. When I think of corruption I think of Survive knives. Go ahead fanboys tell me how you like to wait for the knife that you never seem to order yet when they do fail the warranty doesn't get honored because it doesn't cover a single thing that people do with it outdoors. If you read the legal doc they post it claims they don't even have to send you your blade that you paid for. They only operate as a Ponzi like organization in the minds of so many for a reason. I have no faith in Survive. I don't care what they say on their page it is all a big lie. Just as I told everyone about the SK not being done in 8 months like they said and the fanboys said I was wrong I am here to tell you that the GSO 5.5 will not be sent out by Dec 2020. They can't make one model in 4 years so how are they finish the dozen models they have orders on and have not even started. That would mean they would send out a whole set of one models each month. I assure you that they can't and wont do that.

I just started following these guys on Instagram. I wasn't seeking to comment on anything but doesn't look like you can anyway...

What blows my mind is seeing the ridiculous amount of material (albeit unfinished) that they display in their posts. If there is only one guy (Guy) doing the finish work on EVERY knife, they have absolutely no business taking as many orders in as they do. He needs to spend WAY less time designing new stuff and more time fulfilling his obligations. Broken record at this point, I'm afraid - we are all preaching to the choir.

I don't think they possess the capacity to learn from their history. If suckers/fanboys keep giving them money, they can keep on doing what they are doing. Pretty sad.

In any of their posts, you see hundreds, if not thousands of unfinished knives. Most of us here have dabble (or may be professionals) in knifemaking, modding, sharpening, and even disassembly and assembly of folders. We know how much time it takes. Imagine you had to assemble those finished blades. Match the blade with the scales. Fasteners, tools. Assemble it. Line up the scales. Tighten scales. Sharpen. All while not putting a single scratch on the entire knife. How many knives could you do in a single 8-10 hour shift. And there are only TWO other people in the shop to do everything else.

They do possess the capacity to learn. What they've learned is how to lie and cheat in this industry. More importantly, they learned how to manipulate and control the internet so that all of the history (and continuing bad processes) stay hidden from new, unsuspecting customers.

Like many politicians, they apparently are untouchable for some reason and continue to lie and deceive people about knives that are always paid in full and never delivered on time, if at all. If they had a shred of integrity, they would fulfill the existing orders, stop any and all pre-orders, and start producing an inventory of finished knives for sale that are IN STOCK and can be shipped within a day or so, when purchased. Or stop asking for payment in full up front. They won't ever do that because they can't.

The real slap in the face to all of us here (and many more) is they only work Mon-Thur. That's laughable. You've taken in hundreds of thousands of dollars in customer money, you are YEARS behind in production, known in the industry as liars, thieves, and worse, and yet you won't work more than 4 days a week to deliver what YOU promised hundreds of times?

In any of their posts, you see hundreds, if not thousands of unfinished knives. Most of us here have dabble (or may be professionals) in knifemaking, modding, sharpening, and even disassembly and assembly of folders. We know how much time it takes. Imagine you had to assemble those finished blades. Match the blade with the scales. Fasteners, tools. Assemble it. Line up the scales. Tighten scales. Sharpen. All while not putting a single scratch on the entire knife. How many knives could you do in a single 8-10 hour shift. And there are only TWO other people in the shop to do everything else.

They do possess the capacity to learn. What they've learned is how to lie and cheat in this industry. More importantly, they learned how to manipulate and control the internet so that all of the history (and continuing bad processes) stay hidden from new, unsuspecting customers.

Like many politicians, they apparently are untouchable for some reason and continue to lie and deceive people about knives that are always paid in full and never delivered on time, if at all. If they had a shred of integrity, they would fulfill the existing orders, stop any and all pre-orders, and start producing an inventory of finished knives for sale that are IN STOCK and can be shipped within a day or so, when purchased. Or stop asking for payment in full up front. They won't ever do that because they can't.

The real slap in the face to all of us here (and many more) is they only work Mon-Thur. That's laughable. You've taken in hundreds of thousands of dollars in customer money, you are YEARS behind in production, known in the industry as liars, thieves, and worse, and yet you won't work more than 4 days a week to deliver what YOU promised hundreds of times?

Ronnie was a good man first of all. I have spoken to him about this subject in the past on FB and got the idea to go the FTC unless I am confusing him with you. They scrubbed the info on FB that we talked about along with the info on Youtube. Who was it that got their GSO 7/7 after making a complaint and may have been a para legal?
You are right the 4 days of work is a joke. The fact they wont put a few people that can tighten up a bolt to speed things up shows their interest in moving things along. I think it is more sinister than that with them. I think it is millions of dollars worth of orders due to the order #s on each model. They could have shipped the model out if they wouldn't resell it as 2nds. I think they are counting on you cancelling your order as they know it will be 5 years before you see the knife but if they earned the interest on your money for 2 or 3 years before you ask for a refund then they are making money. Then they don't have to worry about making so many knives. I think it odd that the GSO 8 orders were taken 5 years ago and they have not started nor do you see complaints about it. The GSO 5.1 was from the first quarter of 2016 and they have not started them yet they claim all orders will be done by the end of 2020. The fact that Paypal makes them keep over 20k on hand for refunds tells me they have big issues with them too. That could be 1000 knives getting refunded at a time and having it done often means lots of old customers have had it. I saw where they were shipping a knife once that was ready to ship but they had a hard time getting people to buy it because nobody believed them and that was 3 years ago. I think the people here should take the GSO and make a video about it and then explain why they can't do business with them so people that search can get the truth. They had many chances to change and the only thing they care about it deception.

Ronnie was a good man first of all. I have spoken to him about this subject in the past on FB and got the idea to go the FTC unless I am confusing him with you. They scrubbed the info on FB that we talked about along with the info on Youtube. Who was it that got their GSO 7/7 after making a complaint and may have been a para legal?
You are right the 4 days of work is a joke. The fact they wont put a few people that can tighten up a bolt to speed things up shows their interest in moving things along. I think it is more sinister than that with them. I think it is millions of dollars worth of orders due to the order #s on each model. They could have shipped the model out if they wouldn't resell it as 2nds. I think they are counting on you cancelling your order as they know it will be 5 years before you see the knife but if they earned the interest on your money for 2 or 3 years before you ask for a refund then they are making money. Then they don't have to worry about making so many knives. I think it odd that the GSO 8 orders were taken 5 years ago and they have not started nor do you see complaints about it. The GSO 5.1 was from the first quarter of 2016 and they have not started them yet they claim all orders will be done by the end of 2020. The fact that Paypal makes them keep over 20k on hand for refunds tells me they have big issues with them too. That could be 1000 knives getting refunded at a time and having it done often means lots of old customers have had it. I saw where they were shipping a knife once that was ready to ship but they had a hard time getting people to buy it because nobody believed them and that was 3 years ago. I think the people here should take the GSO and make a video about it and then explain why they can't do business with them so people that search can get the truth. They had many chances to change and the only thing they care about it deception.
I don't think that was me but I'll take the compliment. :D

I was going through Instagram today and saw a couple of Survive! posts - it looks like they feel that their future is looking rather bright right now. I found my way to their website where Guy had written a rather long update with regards to their delays, "internet trolls", and lots and lots of words about machining processes and what not.

I believe in the concept of redemption - i.e. the idea that someone who has done grievous harm can turn oneself around, pay their penance, and do better moving forward. Unfortunately for Survive!, I still feel that is a rather distant mark for them. I feel that the long, drawn-out update continues to show that they are missing the point - yes, I know the internet can be an ugly place and that there are plenty of infantile folks who devolve into making death threats (that isn't at all implausible).

But with that being said though, rather than writing a lengthy diatribe regarding all your machining woes and the nasty internet trolls, a simple "We screwed up, we know we have a lot of work to do to make up for our screw-ups, we are sorry, we will do better, we know it will take a long to regain your trust" would go a lot further with me - in my humble opinion, of course.

Most folks just want their knife (or their money), they aren't going to care about tooling wear, .00000000001 tolerances, and shop space. Just own your mistakes, make folks right, and move on.

I was going to include Guy's update in a quote below but it (combined with my stuff) apparently exceeds BF's 10000 character limit... Since I don't want to link their website here, you can find his words under the News section on their site.

As a maker. Piles of parts like these usually mean that their outsourcing. Any half well run shop keeps their components to a even level. I’m a one man band and work in batch’s of 10-15 tops. That’s pre shaping scales having blades ground out HTed and finished etc Since they don’t seem to deliver many finished knives. It may be props lol.. Even the late Bob Loveless did batch’s in his shop of a 100 at a time. I asked him about this and many other shop techniques when I was a noob maker.. I personally wouldn’t trust anything in the pics of Survive knives..

That post by Guy was the first thing has come close to remotely truthful but still lacks actual accountability.
If and when they ever get it together, I may consider them again.

Can someone please provide a link to Guy's latest post. I looked but could not find it.

Based on what Padruig related, it sounds like the same "we had problems in the past, but things are about to get a lot better" BS that S!K has been slinging since at least 2013.

Can someone please provide a link to Guy's latest post. I looked but could not find it.

Based on what Padruig related, it sounds like the same "we had problems in the past, but things are about to get a lot better" BS that S!K has been slinging since at least 2013.

Sorry about that, I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to provide a link to where they actively sell placeholders for their knives.

Well, here we go again. I know someone can explain it but I sure would like to hear it.

I saw the Friday production update email today and went to the site. 7/7's and 3.5's (seconds) are "available now". WTF?!

Available now? Yep. That's what it says. So I put a 3.5 in my cart. I went to pay and got to pick scales, and finishes, and whether I want a torx bit and/or a sheath,etc.

It all looked good.................until.

I get to the bottom and there's a little box you must check that says you understand it may take "up to 60 days for your knife to ship".

WTF?! again.

I'm just not sure what to even say anymore. I'm so frustrated that they can continue this fraud. I'd use some very colorful language right now if it was allowed.
I even looked it up. What I came up with is, "able to be used or obtained at the present time, or moment".
How can you advertise that it's "available now" but you have to wait up to 60 days for it to ship. Let me guess, we're out of cash again so we need to sell some more firsts as seconds to generate some cash. They're not really available yet until the sales are in and they know how many firsts to convert to seconds and ship. They don't want to build any more seconds than they sell and waste the "firsts" inventory. Right?
Bastids.
a·vail·a·ble
/əˈvāləb(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: available
  1. able to be used or obtained; at someone's disposal.
now
/nou/
adverb
adverb: now
  1. 1.
    at the present time or moment.

OMFG. Guy's statement is just a steaming pile of crap.
So you were called out on the internet as being liars, among other things. I can say beyond reproach that I was LIED to by your company. Not once, but several times. AND, I'll say that to your face if we ever chance to meet. That's doubtful, but if you want to discuss it, I'm easy to find on here and I'd be more than happy to discuss the lies you told me privately if you like. You and I both know I'm not the only one.
Your whole post, Guy Siefert of Survive!Knives reads like damage control propaganda. I guess your lies, fraud, and deceit, are transcending our little group here on BF and the rest of the knife community and public is catching on so you needed some damage control. Why didn't you put any dates in your diatribe? Why, if your post is true, does your website say that 7/7 and 3.5 2nd's are "available now" when they both have a disclaimer that it may take 60 days to ship? That is not "available now". It's a LIE. I can ship any knife I own that is "available now" to anywhere in the farthest reaches of the world in a week to ten days at most. Technically I can ship it anywhere overnight if I really need to. Yet you advertise knives that are available now as taking up to 60 days to ship. That is a LIE.
Lastly, for myself, and all the guys that have gutted it out and put in the weeks of 16 hour days and overnighters in our shops, starting one day and seeing the sun come up the next day (more than once), to make sure we take care of our customers and meet a deadline, I'm not buying the bullsh*t line about hard work.
I've never met anyone who works Monday through Thursday and has a 52 straight 3 day weekends, complain about how hard they're working.
You should have spent the time it took to write the essay of crap you wrote building knives.
Rant over.

Back